2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• I think Serbia might share the same fate as Russia a few years from now, especially if Mihajlovic performance continues to decine. Russia was part of the Big 4 teams even if their reception line was questionable because they had Koshe + Goncha. And now, with only Goncharova they barely able to enter Top 6. Boskovic and Goncharova have quite similar roles in their teams and share the same huge load, and this is simply not enough to win games at this level, maybe except if you're Zhu Ting.

• Comparing Russia and Serbia is not a right idea. Russia after 2010 they are mediocre, not achieving anything on the world stage. On the other hand, Boskovic has moved Serbia from rags to riches. It is something that Goncharova hasnt done to her adopted homeland. Boskovic is on the whole another level compare to Goncharova. And poor Kosheleva now is just a mess. She ruined every team she played. If it wasnt for the dope she had taken, she wouldnt come this far.

• Comparing Russia and Serbia is not a right idea. Russia after 2010 they are mediocre, not achieving anything on the world stage. On the other hand, Boskovic has moved Serbia from rags to riches. It is something that Goncharova hasnt done to her adopted homeland. Boskovic is on the whole another level compare to Goncharova. And poor Kosheleva now is just a mess. She ruined every team she played. If it wasnt for the dope she had taken, she wouldnt come this far.

You got to be kidding. Serbia is soo lucky they have possibly the best middle blocker trio and a naturally gifted setter in Maja otherwise Boskovic can not simply win games by herself in the last few years starting from WC 2015. But that is not to take anything away from Boskovic as she is arguably the best opposite in the world right now but you really are overstating the level between Boskovic and Goncharova if there is big difference at all. If you understood my post it was not about which opposite is better :whistle:

• with the addition of natalia, brazil is gonna be my favorite in WCH. natalia+tandara will be unstoppable.

I feel the same.I think there will be a Brazilian revival-of-sorts especially if they win VNL and if some of the old players come back like Garay or Thaisa for WCH. I can't believe I'm starting to like Brazil after their years long feuding with Russia :lol:

• Regarding the pools in WCH, Serbia and Russia wont probably meet since I dont think Russia will reach round 3. I dont want to take anything away from them but they are no threat to Serbia or any top team now. :rolll:

That is a correct assumption and I won't argue with you for that. But remember, both Russia and Serbia will be fielding recently injured players in Kosheleva and Mihajlovic maybe Italy or NED can even surpass those two in WCH.

• Anyone knows a link to watch a replay of BRA-NED, please?

Check your PM - not sure if it went through or not

• even our volleyball commentators (Gracheva, Kastornov, Melnikov) mentioned about our setters didnt play with Mbs as if our Mbs were meaningless figure on court,

they were so meaningless in 2011 ECH that they were made to receive the serve(yes you heard that right) to create a role i guess. . both gamova and goncharova was focusing on the offence and avoding receiving.

• That TUR v SER match had some great moments. My favorite was the point at 12-11 in the Tie Break ... the ball is bouncing all hither and yon and then Baladin, so aware, runs up and wins a joust because she wanted it more. Even though it turned out there was a fault and it didn't matter, it still kind of summed up the match for me.

• It did! If my reply didn't however, thank you!

I figured out I can read PMs in the email notification I get for them but I can't ever get to them at this web site.

• Trust me...I can`t stand Zivkovic right now....but the setter does not decide how they will play the game. How many times Terzic has said they need to runs the middles more?? and still nothing??? ....so do you guys think Zivkovic is simply not setting the middles because she does not want to while Terzic is telling her to do it?..In this case why is Terzic not calling her out and simply let her do whatever she wants?? Terzic is a liar and says that in press conferences but all that is BSSSSSSSS...

His plan is to hide Boskovic and Mihajlovic all night long....plain and simple as that...

Look at the game last time in the first set....how many balls did the middles get?? not very many at all.. In a different post I gave a couple of examples that even in friendly games they don`t use the middles....in a game against Bulgaria B team Boskovic scored like 20 points and the middles got 2 or 3 balls each.

Clearly not even during training they are not running enough reps with the middles.

In that game in Argentina against USA she ( Zivkovic) only set the wing spikers but actually did a even job as both Bjelica and Milenkovic scored over 20 and Blagojevic 15... .....but tonight I can expect Boskovic to be getting around 100 balls again....

But............ If I remember correctly since 2002 at least.....Brazil was the only team that won the Grand Prix and a Major tournament in the same year (2008)...

Grand Prix seasons ---- 2015-2016 China did not even compete with their A team in the Finals....2014 USA did not even qualify for the finals.... Russia did not even play in the 2010 season and in 2006 lost for Brazil in the Final but end it up winning the 2 WCH. Same goes for Italy which did not medal in the GP but later won 2 World Cups.....

Seems like every team learns a lesson by loosing in the Grand Prix ...and then they come back stronger for the major tournament.