Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Britt Herbots made it pretty fast from Belgiums standout and NT player development club Asterix via Mulhouse/France to the A1; it is no secret, that the two yellow tigers Grobelna and Herbots are the main attacking force of Busto Arsizio in this season. Anyway, they lost today, but could keep an important place in the table despite the loss in Cremona, which was unnecessary (against Pomì) IMHO, mainly due to exhaustion after the five setter against Novara. - Of course, Conegliano knew, that playing in Pala Yamamay would be anything but easy and was well-prepared for it.

• Herbots is a great player and quite all around, though she can still indeed improve her reception... But hey, that's why she is still so young! Whenever I have watched her this season she hasn't disappointed me, she was also already outstander in Belgian NT to me and Asterix in challenge cup.

Conegliano with good reception is a whole other team, Tirozzi did her part well today and finally we see some of Kim Hill again. This teams main goal this season is to find a way to still be super effective even when reception fails them from time to time, or they should just completely perfect their reception.

Btw poor Sylla, I just read about her mom :(

• I was surprised and happy to see Sylla in the game already, She was in for double sub but for OPP.

I think that @togutt predict this situation on the start of season. Sylla being starter and Tirozzi slowly getting that spot from her because of reception.

• Pomì Casalmaggiore has bad setters, and I really hope they'll sign Skorupa in January, but the main problem in my opinion is that they are too 'clumsy' as a team. Very tall team with some very powerful weapons in attack and serve, but only one good all around player (Caterina Bosetti). Their passing / defense is simply too weak to compete with top teams in Italy. Their height and power in attack is enough to defeat average/weak teams, but against top teams they have no chances at all. Kakolewska and Rahimova are so slow, Carcaces too. They can't dig any ball. The libero Spirito is also underperforming, while Arrighetti is simply useless on court nowadays.

• Pomì Casalmaggiore has bad setters, and I really hope they'll sign Skorupa in January, but the main problem in my opinion is that they are too 'clumsy' as a team. Very tall team with some very powerful weapons in attack and serve, but only one good all around player (Caterina Bosetti). Their passing / defense is simply too weak to compete with top teams in Italy. Their height and power in attack is enough to defeat average/weak teams, but against top teams they have no chances at all. Kakolewska and Rahimova are so slow, Carcaces too. They can't dig any ball. The libero Spirito is also underperforming, while Arrighetti is simply useless on court nowadays.

Basically what I said after Casalmaggiore-UYBA. :drink:

• I was surprised and happy to see Sylla in the game already, She was in for double sub but for OPP.

I think that @togutt predict this situation on the start of season. Sylla being starter and Tirozzi slowly getting that spot from her because of reception.

No, my prediction was that Hodge would be starter instead of Sylla in the most important matches of the season. But after her injury I think Sylla will be starter now, unfortunately.

• Talking about Casalmaggiore. I like Pincerato, but you can feel her nerves on court from the screen. I can't remember the last time she played relaxed. She is so anxious to be to good that she tends to play bad whenever she's is in that mood. On the other hand Radenkovic is the shadow of the player she used to be. I really wonder what's wrong with her. She was pretty solid when she was Ferretti's back up, just like in her Schweriner days and so on. Now she looks completely lost in court. :what:

• Talking about Casalmaggiore. I like Pincerato, but you can feel her nerves on court from the screen. I can't remember the last time she played relaxed. She is so anxious to be to good that she tends to play bad whenever she's is in that mood. On the other hand Radenkovic is the shadow of the player she used to be. I really wonder what's wrong with her. She was pretty solid when she was Ferretti's back up, just like in her Schweriner days and so on. Now she looks completely lost in court. :what:

I never liked Pincerato, she has never been top team's material in my opinion. She could be ok as a back up or as starter in a low ranked team, but nothing more.

I think Radenkovic is slightly better, but still not enough for an ambitious team like Casalmaggiore.

Skorupa would be a huge upgrade for this team, her talent and her personality could help Pomì to reach playoff semifinals despite all the problems related to the clumsy-style players they have in the roster.

• Ahhh to bad that Monza will play against Conegliano in Coppa... With Bujis back they will be even stronger and their level is rising.

Still it will be very interesting match but they could reach semi...

• Pomi is having a setting problem?

Randenkovic and Pincerato.

Last year who was their main biggest problem? Setting. And they went trough 3 setters. Rondon,Cyr and Lo Bianco. And still by the end of the season they r not playing well.

So...5 setters already...and setting is still their problem? If they bring in Skorupa she will just join the list. And is funny because Rondon had a great season with Scandicci and Randenkovic also was great in Poland. Not to mention Lo Bianco is a legend.

I think their problem is somewhere else...It still can be the setter, but the reason they all 5 don`t play well has something to do with coaching staff / game plan and so on.

Herbots is awesome....and she`s only 1.82? She`s pure talent...i love watching her.

• Ahhh to bad that Monza will play against Conegliano in Coppa... With Bujis back they will be even stronger and their level is rising.

Still it will be very interesting match but they could reach semi...

When Bujis came in to serve I noticed her hands and wrist were heavily tapped. I don`t think she`s ready to "play" yet.

• 13th round

NOVARA - CASALMAGGIORE 3-0

Egonu 19, Veljkovic 9, Piccinini 8 / Rahimova 16, Carcaces 8, C.Bosetti 7

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720892

BUSTO ARSIZIO - CONEGLIANO 0-3

Herbots 16, Meijners 9, Bonifacio 5 / Hill 20, Fabris 15, Danesi 11

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720893

BERGAMO - MONZA 1-3

Smarzek 21, Olivotto 13, Acosta 9 / Ortolani 25, Adams 12, Begic 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720894

BRESCIA - SCANDICCI 0-3

Villani 11, Pietersen 10, Nicoletti 9 / Haak 22, Adenizia 16, L.Bosetti 7

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720895

FILOTTRANO - CHIERI 3-2

Vasilantonaki 24, Whitney 18, Pisani 13 / Akrari 15, Angelina 14, Gyselle 13

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720896

CLUB ITALIA - CUNEO 0-3

Omoruyi 10, Lubian 7, Fahr 7 / Van Hecke 17, Salas 13, Zambelli 9

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720897

Rest: FIRENZE

Standing

1. NOVARA 32

2. SCANDICCI 28

3. CONEGLIANO 28

4. BUSTO ARSIZIO 24

5. CASALMAGGIORE 23

6. MONZA 23

7. FIRENZE 16

8. CUNEO 15

9. BRESCIA 15

10. BERGAMO 15

11. FILOTTRANO 8

12. CHIERI 5

13. CLUB ITALIA 2

• Thanks Togutt for sharing the stats and ranking every week. I appreciate it!:drink:

• Adenezia and Stevanoviç are 'alternating' again to play well:lol:

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720895

• BEST PLAYERS AFTER THE 1ST HALF

TOP SCORERS

1. Isabelle Haak 252 points

2. Louisa Lippmann 238

3. Lise Van Hecke 235

4. Paola Egonu 234

5. Polina Rahimova 225

6. Anna Nicoletti 205

7. Serena Ortolani 197

8. Anthi Vasilantonaki 179

9. Gyselle Silva 177

10. Samanta Fabris 173

BEST SCORERS

1. Paola Egonu 6,32 points/set

2. Isabelle Haak 5,48

3. Polina Rahimova 5,36

4. Louisa Lippmann 4,96

5. Lise Van Hecke 4,90

6. Serena Ortolani 4,69

7. Samanta Fabris 4,44

8. Kaja Grobelna 4,14

9. Anna Nicoletti 4,10

10. Kimberly Hill 4,03

BEST SPIKERS (OPP/OH)

1. Paola Egonu 48,6 %

2. Kimberly Hill 44,3

3. Samanta Fabris 44,2

4. Louisa Lippman 43,2

5. Anthi Vasilantonaki 43,0

6. Isabelle Haak 42,6

7. Daly Santana 42,6

8. Annie Mitchem 42,6

9. Polina Rahimova 42,1

10. Kenia Carcaces 41,8

11. Serena Ortolani 40,8

12. Alessia Gennari 40,6

13. Caterina Bosetti 40,5

14. Sylvia Nwakalor 40,5

15. Gyselle Silva 40,2

BEST SPIKERS (MB)

1. Anna Danesi 62,5 %

2. Rachael Adams 58,2

3. Stefana Veljkovic 55,0

4. Marina Zambelli 53,5

5. Agnieszka Kakolewska 53,4

6. Sara Bonifacio 53,1

7. Ilaria Garzaro 52,7

8. Adenizia Da Silva 52,5

9. Marina Lubian 51,8

10. Giulia Pisani 51,6

BEST BLOCKERS

1. Rossella Olivotto 39

2. Agnieszka Kakolewska 30

2. Tiziana Veglia 30

4. Robin De Kruijf 28

4. Sara Bonifacio 28

6. Adenizia Da Silva 27

6. Stefana Veljkovic 27

6. Jovana Stevanovic 27

9. Haleigh Washington 26

10. Hannah Tapp 25

10. Sara Alberti 25

12. Anna Danesi 24

13. Mina Popovic 23

14. Giulia Pisani 22

14. Marina Zambelli 22

BEST SERVERS

1. Polina Rahimova 22 aces

2. Isabelle Haak 21

3. Danielle Hancock 19

4. Jessica Rivero 17

5. Paola Egonu 16

6. Alessia Populini 15

7. Sarah Fahr 14

8. Samanta Fabris 13

8. Kenia Carcaces 13

8. Hanna Orthmann 13

8. Anthi Vasilantonaki 13

8. Anna Nicoletti 13

13. Gyselle Silva 12

13. Lise Van Hecke 12

15. Valentina Tirozzi 11

15. Yamila Nizetich 11

15. Rachael Adams 11

15. Britt Herbots 11

• Where do you find the best spiker rankings based on attacking ratios?:teach: