Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Maybe they have been the best but the only 2 good ones is not fair. They both have done great but they are also both lucky to play in teams with good passing and good attackers in every position. How can you compare them fairly to setters who have to work with terrible reception or only one reliable attacker? It's like a different job. For example if they had played for Bauru maybe they wouldn't have done as good a job as Fabiola this season, who knows?

Well Ok...I guess I should compare them only with the setter from the top teams.

Vakifbank, Vitra, Novara all have good reception and all wing spikers and middles are NT members and the best in the world. And still their setters are terrible. I guess we can only make a case for Maja and Malinov as they play with bad reception.

Macris and Woloz does not have a dominant OPP. Fabris and Bruna are solid but not even close to Egonu-Boskovic-Haak-Sloetjes. They don`t have a to go player....which means they must think and actually create a play...while all the other setters can simply set Egonu-Boskovic,Zhu etc. Now imagine if they did not have the dominant player and had to actually think and create a play?? That would be even more messy....

• btw the announcer just revealed that rumours about Milena Rasic leaving to Russia/China/Italy are false. She signed to stay with VB for next season also.

Good start for Beyza

• Zhu Ting confirmed not in Turkey/VakifBank next (olympic) season! Was already speculated but we get confirmation now.

She got a call to prepare for Olympics from the Chinese commitiee according to the announcers.

• Finally Ecz's serves are causing trouble for Vakuf: in the last games there were too many mistakes. With this reception it is harder for Vakif.

Anyway, never underestimate the opponent, Eczaci has to keep this pressure all game long.

• Zhu Ting confirmed not in Turkey/VakifBank next (olympic) season! Was already speculated but we get confirmation now.

She got a call to prepare for Olympics from the Chinese commitiee according to the announcers.

Vakifbank will be in huge problem next season.

• Vakifbank isn't playing good, only Kubra is playing good so far! Simge again struggles a lot with reception

• Will they transfer new OPP or Ebrar will play as main OPP next year?

Haak was rumoured to play for VakifBank, I think that will happen. Tbh I think they will toss these two out time to time or Ebrar will be offensive OH next to Gabi and Haak.

If Ebrar would receive decent enough, Haak-Ebrar-Gabi would be deadly. But we can say that it will be for sure not old reliable VakifBank next time around and more of an open project.

• I know it's something vb players do all the time, but spiking a ball that's coming from behind your head still amazes me. Some actually spike it like was a normal set, others take the opportunity to lollipop it over. It would make me dizzy.