Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• Minas 3-1 Osasco (25/21, 17/25, 25/22, 25/16)

Macris, Bruna 13, Gattaz 15, Mara 9 (7 blocks), Natália 17, Gabi 8, and Léia (L). Bruninha, Geórgia, Lana 1, Malu 2. Adversary errors: 27.

Carol Albuquerque 2, Hooker 14, Nati Martins 11, Walewska 8, Leyva 9, Mari Paraíba 9, and Camila Brait (L). Kika, Claudinha, Lorenne 2, Paula Pequeno, Natasha. Adversary errors: 29.

(Unofficial stats)

• I like Carol Albuquerque, but watching the match I realized that her style is not fitting to the modern volleyball. I mean... her sets are always too high, and somehow predictable. Her connection with the middles is awful, and particularly in this game, she was not precise in her sets. I know that Osasco has a weak roster this season, but I think they can do better with Claudinha.

• I like Carol Albuquerque, but watching the match I realized that her style is not fitting to the modern volleyball. I mean... her sets are always too high, and somehow predictable. Her connection with the middles is awful, and particularly in this game, she was not precise in her sets. I know that Osasco has a weak roster this season, but I think they can do better with Claudinha.

:what:

• Praia Clube 3-2 Sesi Bauru (24/26, 25/21, 25/14, 21/25, 15/11)

Fabíola 2, Diouf 20, Tifanny 11, Gabi Cândido 7, Andressa 10, Valquíria 11, and Tássia (L). Arlene, Naiane, Edinara 3, Vanessa 2, Palacio 4. Adversary errors: 26

Lloyd 5, Fawcett 12, Fe Garay 13, Rosamaria 13, Carol 13, Fabiana 20, and Suelen (L). Michelle, Laís. Adversary errors: 31.

(Unofficial stats)

• I agree. She is predictable and her precision is weak

She's been like that forever since I can remember (more than 15 years, maybe). And she is a Olympic champion :whistle:

I think we didn't have another setter at that time...Dani Lins and Fabiola were too young

• I can get she isn't amazing, but, guys, she's 42 and does the job way better than Claudinha.

Osasco was into the game for almost the whole time thanks to Carol. She has been saving their awful passing time by time. And whenever Camilina passed the ball, she runned the middles and got the kill. Claudinha with a perfect passing yesterday sent the ball on the antenna... :lol:

• Being better than Claudinha is kind of an obligation to me...

• I can get she isn't amazing, but, guys, she's 42 and does the job way better than Claudinha.

Osasco was into the game for almost the whole time thanks to Carol. She has been saving their awful passing time by time. And whenever Camilina passed the ball, she runned the middles and got the kill. Claudinha with a perfect passing yesterday sent the ball on the antenna... :lol:

I guess we haven't seen the same match then... Walewska was completely off yesterday because Carol's terrible sets. And yes, I know that their reception is shaky, but even when Carol had the chance to make a good set, there was no precision and balls were often really distant from the net.

About Claudinha, I don't think she's an amazing setter, but her technique is better than Carol's. She has good precision when setting to the middles and to position four.

• Leyva played atrociously. I'm not sure what she's thinking about herself but she could've been more conservative but smart on dealing with the Minas block.

For Minas, Carol simply dominated the scene with her slide attack and her approach catching atleast one Osasco blocker by surprise.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Claudinha is a good setter but her attempts of creativity can get her in trouble.

I guess we haven't seen the same match then... Walewska was completely off yesterday because Carol's terrible sets. And yes, I know that their reception is shaky, but even when Carol had the chance to make a good set, there was no precision and balls were often really distant from the net.

About Claudinha, I don't think she's an amazing setter, but her technique is better than Carol's. She has good precision when setting to the middles and to position four.

It's difficult to assess a setter with such a limited playing time. Carol obviously having the bigger share of setting, more mistakes will naturally come to her as she plays more minutes but the times when I saw Claudinha play, she's not that good on perfect and out of system pass so I can't exactly feel Claudinha should be subbing for Carol.

I agree with QPL the age must've been a factor and sloth mentioned weather. The heat could've affected Walewska than Carol's setting as she looks really irritable when she's shown on the stream.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Claudinha is a good setter but her attempts of creativity can get her in trouble.

It's difficult to assess a setter with such a limited playing time. Carol obviously having the bigger share of setting, more mistakes will naturally come to her as she plays more minutes but the times when I saw Claudinha play, she's not that good on perfect and out of system pass so I can't exactly feel Claudinha should be subbing for Carol.

I agree with QPL the age must've been a factor and sloth mentioned weather. The heat could've affected Walewska than Carol's setting as she looks really irritable when she's shown on the stream.

But I am not talking about their performance yesterday. I am talking about the way they're performing this season.

As I said before, I like Carol and I think she adds a lot to Osasco. But in the past seasons, she has demonstrated a lack of precision when setting to all positions, that's why I think Claudinha is better than Carol right now. And to be honest I think she'll be in the starting-six when she gets better physically.

Edit: And about Walewska, in every single match that I've watched of Osasco this season, she was always pissed. I guess because she is underperforming and also because her team is a complete mess.

• These semifinals were awful technically speaking, I think everyone is a bit tired already but this can't be an excuse of course.

Let's see if today we have a better match. I think Minas will win it. Praia with Rosamaria just doesn't go anywhere.

Last season it was Claudinga...this season is Rosamaria.....who will it be next season?? :/