Montreux Volley Masters 2018

• Italy fought really well and showed more energy to win. The game was really close but Italy prevailed. Great match!

• Italy should win this for their confidence's sake. They've been underperforming since Mazzanti took the slow approach for the NT season. With the strength of their current team, they should be already winning something even friendly tournaments.

I just hate to see them collapse in the world championship after a promising 2017 runner up finish. To lose against a B-team Brazil in Montreux is just simply unacceptable at this point.

We are without Tandara and yes she was our main player by far, but we can never say that's a B-team. Unfortunalety, this is what we have for WCH.

Btw, cograts to Italy and especially Egonu. She's a beast! I also enjoyed Malinov's game, she was quite precise in her sets.

• Sylla had good performance too. Her reception and attacking were on good level. She had few mistakes but overall not bad at all...

• I almost had a heart attack after the commentator mentioned Malygina's name. I thought she was the substitute for Goncharova. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Eda Erdam is taking over. Meliha Ismailoglu had some nice cross court shots in set 1. I'm not sure any of them landed but they look nice.

• Turkish reception and Cansu Ozbay's setting is not on usual level yet today... Russia looks sharp.

Backup setter did okay helping to keep Turkish lead. She looks a little frightened out there, though. Cansu Ozbay may have ups and downs but she always brings a winning mentality. Zehra Gunes had a few good kills. Tickled the ceiling on one of them

• Backup setter did okay helping to keep Turkish lead. She looks a little frightened out there, though. Cansu Ozbay may have ups and downs but she always brings a winning mentality. Zehra Gunes had a few good kills. Tickled the ceiling on one of them

Agree she did a good enough job as back-up, I'm really not a fan of Cagla Akin though in general. And now in set 3 she sets quite bad. Turkey's main problem is 2nd setter at this moment... I wish Gio called Ezgi Dilik instead of Cagla.

• not a fan of Cagla Akin though in general. And now in set 3 she sets quite bad. Turkey's main problem is 2nd setter at this moment.

Ha! I was just going to post "Time for Cansu Ozbay to come back on"

• I wouldn't blame Cagla completely... she didn't play good and that's true but the reception didn't help her at all and the attackers weren't able to adjust the balls. Ozbay did even worse IMO...

• Russia is pressuring Turkey with good serves. And there's that blocking thing they do.

Did I just read the stat bug right: Boz is hitting at 72%?

• Russia is pressuring Turkey with good serves. And there's that blocking thing they do.

No that one is completely wrong lol she had 11 kills in set 2 and then killed 2 more and suddenly had 10 XD And everyone had 100% first few days

I don't really know how much to trust those stats that appear at times. They are all hitting over 60% according to them!

• Turkey got caught in the campfire defense too much. Gui railed at the team earlier for crowding the net (mostly at Akoz for one play).