Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• A few times he is being blocked one on one because he is trying to bury the ball all the time. Because he likes to play the very fast tempo ball his hitting options are quite limited, and his opponents know ho to block him. He is a very good player, but he does need to add more variety to his game now - especially given that there has been talk that he has knee injuries, etc. It's obviously not easy to do, and players like Kubiak and Uros play like that naturally - but he could really try to start hitting high off the block, wipe offs etc, which he could do. Lube can also go through a lot of phases playing out of system, this would help him a lot....

Playing very fast tempo ball is his last choice ,he prefers high balls 🙈 I think he is physically looking out of shape ,very immobile in the field . Also mentally he doesn’t seem to be ready for season final,very fragile.But that is the story of his post -Trentino career .Nothing new

• Offtopic but am I the only person who feels the club schedule for this year is too light during the playoffs?

I just have more time watching football/soccer than volleyball maybe because of the lack of european action right now. I used to be a volleyball nerd but football is just more attractive and there's also the NBA snatching all the glory and man, they don't need to be more appealing than they should be but here we are. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• If Modena win all their remaining games then the loser of the other semifinal between Lube and Trentino is not making the CL next year. Am I right?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Offtopic but am I the only person who feels the club schedule for this year is too light during the playoffs?

I just have more time watching football/soccer than volleyball maybe because of the lack of european action right now. I used to be a volleyball nerd but football is just more attractive and there's also the NBA snatching all the glory and man, they don't need to be more appealing than they should be but here we are. :whistle:

I'll take volleyball over football any day but NBA is pretty untouchable as a spectator sport right now. Every league should be trying to copy as much as they can from them

• Still a great season for my Trentino. Winning CEV Cup and FIVB CWC is still a massive achievement and considering all the doubts, they still managed to outdo all expectations.:drink:

It's just difficult to match Lube when it comes to firepower. The biggest difference is obviously on the opposite. Even if Bruno doesn't give Sokolov all the balls, you just don't know when and even if you do, he's still hard to stop. Vettori is weaker and that means Russell and Kovacevic have to be 100% and that's just too ambitious with all their responsibility on reception and defense.

Juantorena probably read our conversations here and decided to snap at us. :lol: What an amazing game for him.

I would probably give the MVP award to Bruno. He was deceitful in this game and that really gave Trento a hard time in blocking and defending. Giannelli relies so much on speed and that hurts the attack if its not been set up correctly. Still Bravo to him. He's been a great leader for Trentino and it's just bad luck that Lube is simply the team that evolved on the right time.

Fefe did well managing the team. I say even if he loses CL or Scudetto final. I still hope to see him next season in Lube.

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• Sorry andrea , I'm not a technological expert :gone:

I just know a couple of sites, if they don't work I start to panic.

Modena is playing well, making less mistakes on serve and in attack. Leon is a hole in reception and in attack he is controlled by block-defence of Modena.

Perugia has to play, they can't rely only on super attacks and serves as usual..

• Love the shifts in momentum of this entire series! In the first game while AA was absent, Leon delivered a monstrous game. After Zaytsev cracked at crunch time of game 3, he redeemed himself in the next game and now. Meanwhile, Leon suddenly runs out of steam (indeed, he also showed this once in a while during the regular season).

Accompanying Zaytsev's revival is Tillie staying on court. He's delivered his best games in game 4 and now over at least the past year, filling Modena's hole at the back court, whilst still contributing in the offensive front.

• I really hope Modena beat Perugia.

Modena has been trashed almost all the season long. Velasco, Zaytsev, Micah and so on...even by the TV narrators.

• Holy situation if Modena wins. I am going to feel bad for Trento losing CL qualification but Perugia eliminated in Scudetto and CL in the same season after all the money they spent on Leon is going to be the historical choke that's going to be discussed for years. :white:

#FreeBritney