2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship

• Kinda drama in set 4. Vakif was down at 12:16. And suddenly had a 12:1 run to take the game. LOL

• I used to love Carli but i am slowly becoming a hater lol so much poor decisions on a daily basis. She has Carol as a blocking machine building confidence block after block but insists in an error prone Garay. I expected much more from Praia today, i knew that the game would be difficult and probably they would lose, but they didnt even give a proper fight

• To bad that non of Italian clubs will not take part in competition when they are only ones who can beat Turksih clubs...:rolleyes::thumbdown:

I just wish Conegliano and Novara were there (I would take them over Praia/Minas).

I dont know if Brasil would make a granny volleyball team. i know they love volleyball,but hope more young players to show up

My God Minas barerly beat Volero -.- :gone:

Level of this competition is :down:

This are not the world best clubs so I’m not surprised(I mean they aren’t all here). Italian clubs only can beat Turkish ones and other way, but they are not in this competition.

Level of Turkish league droped so I’m not surprised.

Sometimes it feels good, man.

• Congrats to Minas and Vakıf!!

i had to leave Minas - Eczacı match after second set.. i just completed watching the replay

Minas attacked well,defended well and blocked well so they deserved it.i liked Macris,she played very well ((pasing was good for sure)

Eczacıbaşı lost the match at the end of second set..i couldnt believe how they couldnt finish it up while leading 24-19!!! this reminded me of Eczacı-Fener match (it was 14-10 or 14-11 at tie break two years ago ??)..

well,i read the comments and i agree that Gamze didnt run the team well enough but she set 5 balls to KYK and 3 balls to Tijana while the score was 24-19 but they couldnt kill the sets..it was up to the pin hitters finally..i mean it wasnt a setter issue anymore..till that time we can say Gamze played badly but at that point it isnt about setter anymore..the hitters should have killed that one SINGLE ball. this is not about setting bad or not.sure credits to Minas players. they played very good defense..

Eczacı lacks a go-to MB..Gibbemeyer was so useless today,so were the other MBs..Eczacıbaşı was at a bad rotation : KYK+Gibbemeyer in the frontcourt and Tijana was in the backcourt..Gibbemeyer was having a bad match so Gamze had to set to KYK and she couldnt kill then to Tijana (hence against triple blocks)..at this point Motta failed..he couldnt intervene in the match timely and accurately..( he could have used the dub. sub etc..changed the setter or etc..) the responsibility is Motta's. also i liked Minas's coach's intervention in the game

there's still time for Eczacı to improve and solve its problems for the CL and VVSL..Eczacıbaşı lacks a MB like Eda even they dont have a Zehra Güneş

i couldnt watch Vakıf - Praia..i have to watch the replay to comment..congrats to them!

• Eczaci should get Kübra now that Zehra is slowly becoming world-class and Kübra is less needed for Vakif. But at the same time realistically I don't think VB will hand someone like Kübra to EczV :roll:

I feel Ebrar will either leave VB or become new starter of Vakif next season (likely) and Sloëtjes leaves. Esp since Olympics cycle is soon coming I can expect Guidetti to go with an almost all local team with Zehra-Kübra Ebrar-Cansu(Naz?) and Zhu (if China lets her stay) next to a local OH + Gizem. Actually if we notice VB is already slowly localizing but they are not losing their strength, this is good for TUR NT

• Eczaci should get Kübra now that Zehra is slowly becoming world-class and Kübra is less needed for Vakif. But at the same time realistically I don't think VB will hand someone like Kübra to EczV :roll:

I feel Ebrar will either leave VB or become new starter of Vakif next season (likely) and Sloëtjes leaves. Esp since Olympics cycle is soon coming I can expect Guidetti to go with an almost all local team with Zehra-Kübra Ebrar-Cansu(Naz?) and Zhu (if China lets her stay) next to a local OH + Gizem. Actually if we notice VB is already slowly localizing but they are not losing their strength, this is good for TUR NT

when ECZ send one local OS to Calatasary and keep Meliha sitting on the bench, it means vakif wont give kubra to ECZ. Ecz did a wrong thing this season.

• btw..other matches are interesting

seems every team won once

first, Supreme beat Altay 3-2

second ,Zheijang beat Volero 3-2

then Altay beat Zheijang 3-2

and Volero beat Supreme 3-1

LOL

so who beats who tomorrow ?
    Zheijang vs Supreme

Altay vs Volero

• It's just unforgivable that Eczaci wasted 5 match points in a row.

They did nothing in that timeout to change the tactics. Way too confident.

I think in that rotation they should change: the middle run for one instead of slide, and the setter gives the ball to the right backrow boskovic. Her pipe attack is not as strong as that.

• Zheijang to make the Chinese happy, and volero if Casanova plays :p

Zehra grows so fast. She's more flexible than Kubra and she moves quickly. Zehra not only could play a fast attack at pos 3, but also could do back-flight attack at pos 2. Her blocking is good too.

But Vakif will still keep Kubra. Since Kelsey will be an OH starter in Turkey league, Rasic has to sit out to free one spot. Kubra-Zehra's MB duo is the only choice. Now, Vakif's MB line is Rasic, Zehra, Kubra and Melis. Everyone can contribute to the team when needed. Melis' serve is also important sometimes.

• Zehra grows so fast.

Very true, she is already better then any other MB in the world that I know of at her age atm and by a very large margin. But what I like most about her is that in each tournament we see an ever more improved Zehra Güneş! She has such a competitive soul which is I think why she is always so hungry to improve more. She was great at blocking but a bit slow in adjusting in previous tours, but in this one she is right up there with her colleague Milena Rasic if not better and faster (this tournament) So I guess that's what she set her mind to improve and it seems it once again worked :)

• Very true, she is already better then any other MB in the world that I know of at her age atm and by a very large margin. But what I like most about her is that in each tournament we see an ever more improved Zehra Güneş! She has such a competitive soul which is I think why she is always so hungry to improve more. She was great at blocking but a bit slow in adjusting in previous tours, but in this one she is right up there with her colleague Milena Rasic if not better and faster (this tournament) So I guess that's what she set her mind to improve and it seems it once again worked :)

Like, this is really exaggerating, you might say she's good at attacking, or better than Rasic, but she only had one block yesterday, whereas Rasic had 8, this is no way the same level...

• The least important match of today was won by Zheijang (7. place) against Chonburi (8. and last) in four sets.

The first set of Altai vs. Volero Le Cannet was a rather close affair, the first won it 26:24.