2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Sorokaite :!:

• Sorokaite always impresses me .. Seems to be in charge all the time. Maybe not as flashy as the youngsters.

• I am watching DOM x Russia.

I appreciate all that Kwiek has done for Dominican volleyball, but I wonder why they don’t try to sign a new coach... Kwiek is unable to create a cohesive defensive system. They have a good attack, but they’re always a messy team on court.

• Wonder why Kadochkina did not travel to Brazil? Russia is fielding a very young team :what:

• Efimova is as hopeless as ever :wall:

• Yes. :white:And so bad for german NT that she plays for Italy not Germany.

Oh is she German? Her wiki page says she is Italian, but she doesn't look like your typical Italian

• De La Cruz played in Indonesia this season? I know she was far from her best at Scandicci but she's still good enough to play in a top league.

Much love and respect to DLC, total legend. <3

• Oh is she German? Her wiki page says she is Italian, but she doesn't look like your typical Italian

She has German parents, but as far as I know she was born and raised in Italy.

EDIT According to Italian Wikipedia she was even born in Germany but her family moved to Italy because of her father's work, probably when she still was a little kid. OTOH she definitely wouldn't have become the same player she's now if she had grown up and learned volleyball in Germany. We can't educate good MBs.

• The way you worded this, it looks like Kadochkina would actually increase the age of the team.

Sorry what I was trying to say was, if Russia was going for a young-ish team, I see no reason why she wasn't invited

• OTOH she definitely wouldn't have become the same player she's now if she had grown up and learned volleyball in Germany. We can't educate good MBs.

Which makes Christiane Fürst a miracle. :obey:

• She has German parents, but as far as I know she was born and raised in Italy.

EDIT According to Italian Wikipedia she was even born in Germany but her family moved to Italy because of her father's work, probably when she still was a little kid. OTOH she definitely wouldn't have become the same player she's now if she had grown up and learned volleyball in Germany. We can't educate good MBs.

Thanks for the background info. And oh, Christiane Furst says hi :wavy:

• Which makes Christiane Fürst a miracle. :obey:

You just beat me on the Furst thing lol

• Which makes Christiane Fürst a miracle. :obey:

Yeah but Fürst was a once-in-a-lifetime. The new hope is Camilla Weitzel but she yet has to prove to be more than a "talent". Just look at who we have available now, last summer Ivana Vanjak as original OH did a better job as MB than all of the "real" MBs...