2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• It's no secret I'm a Japan fan, but I frankly don't care if they advance. I've seen enough of this squad to get my fill. I'd really like to see DOM go forward. Sorry Poland, you're cool too, but there's something special going on with DOM this tournament even if their W-L record doesn't reflect it entirely.

I agree, they were quite amazing actually and competitive every single match having won 1 set at least every single time except vs the Dutch. They just were a little unlucky and can be really messy at times. Brenda Castillo (L) is an amazing libero and would complete/stabilize this squad but is now on a maternity break. They are a dark horse for upcoming tournaments imho, I can see them pulling crazy upsets no one will see coming :D

• Hopefully Miyashita breaks out of her self defeatist attitude. Would be a waste of talent to see her not play due to personal problems.

My heart is broken for Haruka Miyashita. And I feel bad for feeling good about how well Miya Sato and Nanami Seki are doing. Miyashita was one of the reasons I attached myself to Japan. Referencing an earlier post here about Carli Lloyd, Miyashita is so good at covering tips. I hate when the ball lands in front of the 3-point line

• She just saved the match against Poland with attack ratio of 65%. Seems like she is not as useless as your comments:roll:

Yes, you are right. I apologize from Gozde and her fans. As everybody know, Turkey just played the OG final today against Poland and Gozde came in and saved the match when Turkey was losing. We are the Olympic Champion. YAAAAAY. Gozde is the MVP since she just turned the match. WOW. It will remove all of the seasons she sat at bench from our memories. There are lots of matches she came in for double substitution and made the situation worse for her team. these will be removed as well. And of course, her interview where she was disrespectful towards Eczacibasi, the club she played for many years will be forgotten as well.

• Even with a translator, the emotional meaning behind words and phrases are often lost. Lavarini is very expressive which I think sometimes scares the girls.

Having lived a season+ with Ferhat who, to his credit, wasn't as expressive as the Lavarini (not a knock on him) it's very awkward. Cultures are different. Maybe they do offer good/insightful/better coaching in the gym, but when it comes to game time ....

• So it seems Efimova has lost her starting spot to both Orlova and Lazarenko. Iurinskaia reminds me a lot of L. Bosetti Russian version :what:

• Russia takes the 1set set against Italy :box:

• Yes, you are right. I apologize from Gozde and her fans. As everybody know, Turkey just played the OG final today against Poland and Gozde came in and saved the match when Turkey was losing. We are the Olympic Champion. YAAAAAY. Gozde is the MVP since she just turned the match. WOW. It will remove all of the seasons she sat at bench from our memories. There are lots of matches she came in for double substitution and made the situation worse for her team. these will be removed as well. And of course, her interview where she was disrespectful towards Eczacibasi, the club she played for many years will be forgotten as well.

Nobody said it was a OG final, giving extreme examples won't make you less ridiculous after constantly bitching about players who are not useless at all. She is not Egonu, no one expects her to be anyway. But she is very useful as a back-up Opp, way more useful than Meryem. She showed this whenever get the chance this summer (both against DOM and POL).

Spending whole season at the bench is totally her own decision. It is not like every single player should share the same priorities in life.

• Sorokaite <3

This is the Italian squad I love. I can totally root for them. Change it and I can't root for them.

• Russia playing good volleyball

When Goncha and Fetisova get back, they will be stronger.:super::super:

Sadly both Goncha and Fetisova will skip this year's VNL entirely

• Russia’s reception is surprisingly good so far and that lets Romanova play as she wants.

• Russia got the 1st set! Iurinskaya playing so well and I like Romanova’s game.

Agree can definitely see Iurinskaya get a spot in the A team even as a sub

• Nobody said it was a OG final, giving extreme examples won't make you less ridiculous after constantly bitching about players who are not useless at all. She is not Egonu, no one expects her to be anyway. But she is very useful as a back-up Opp, way more useful than Meryem. She showed this whenever get the chance this summer (both against DOM and POL).

Spending whole season at the bench is totally her own decision. It is not like every single player should share the same priorities in life.

literally no one said we are against her decision, but that decision must result into her being cut from NT directly sorry, and she is definitely not more useful then any other player because she played 2 games good. She hasn't played important matches in VNL, Ech etc so we can not say that about her, she just played well some matches when her opponents were not prepared for her... Ok .

I'd rather take someone from the Youth department in the future, like Ilkin Aydin for example.

• Having lived a season+ with Ferhat who, to his credit, wasn't as expressive as the Lavarini (not a knock on him) it's very awkward. Cultures are different. Maybe they do offer good/insightful/better coaching in the gym, but when it comes to game time ....

Without a doubt Lavirini with his knowledge and experience can help the team, but it's going to be a process and take some time. Game time is hard cause timeouts are short and translators don't have enough time to fully explain what they are trying to say. They usually just translate at rapid speed and the players just have to get like that, *snap.

I think I read somewhere on here that his contract with the Korean NT is only for 2 years? I might be wrong.

• With Lazarenko playing this well, I wouldn’t mind anyone as 4th MB. Fetisova, Koroleva and Lazarenko will make a good MB line-up. Oh well no more Efimova nor Orlova though.

• Without a doubt Lavirini with his knowledge and experience can help the team, but it's going to be a process and take some time. Game time is hard cause timeouts are short and translators don't have enough time to fully explain what they are trying to say. They usually just translate at rapid speed and the players just have to get like that, *snap.

I think I read somewhere on here that his contract with the Korean NT is only for 2 years? I might be wrong.

I think it depends on the coach. When I hear Karch during timeouts, I don't find his words useful.