2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Yao Di should get some kudos. I know it's hard, but come on :)

• I want China to win this VNL :D truly deserved win

Yes, after this victory it would be wonderful. But I still want Turkey to win it :dance4:

• There are really no excuses for the Italians, most of them played very poorly even in the preliminary rounds, we can't expect Egonu to win matches every time. I am so disappointed :down:

I actually think the Italian defense was very good. Aside from that one shank ball by Pietrini, this is the game were her reception was superb. The biggest problem for them is that no one cant seem to kill a ball aside from Egonu. Once Egonu was getting dugged and committing errors, they were doomed.

• Gong was all over Egonu. I'm still goosebumpy over this victory :dance4:

• IMO Mazzanti and Lang Ping are doing the right thing. Olympic qualifiers are just 4 weeks away, and by sports science, you need a certain period for preparation. If you play VNL F6 with your best team and want them to be in a somewhat good shape there, they are going to need recovery after that and will have to reach their best shape (again) within just about 3 weeks. I am pretty sure that Italy's rather poor performance means that even though they are playing with the best team, their training sessions are already planned ans executed with regard to the OQT and they don't take VNL too seriously. I expect both China and Italy to be in best shape there while some of the other teams might have trouble...

• IMO Mazzanti and Lang Ping are doing the right thing. Olympic qualifiers are just 4 weeks away, and by sports science, you need a certain period for preparation. If you play VNL F6 with your best team and want them to be in a somewhat good shape there, they are going to need recovery after that and will have to reach their best shape (again) within just about 3 weeks. I am pretty sure that Italy's rather poor performance means that even though they are playing with the best team, their training sessions are already planned ans executed with regard to the OQT and they don't take VNL too seriously. I expect both China and Italy to be in best shape there while some of the other teams might have trouble...

Davide said "We are here because we want to play 4 matches" :gone: This tournament wat not the primary goal ofc but then we could've sent our B team and some of them could've showed better performances for sure

• Italy remains the most disappointing NT in this quadrennial.

All that power and they are still this inconsistent...

As a team you need a certain intimidation factor that exudes around them but if this keeps up then I bet no one's going to fear them for as long their new generation stands.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Nope he wants to win this tournament that is why he brought his A team. He was angry to Lang Ping for not sending her A team and her not being here. Actually him and Kiraly was very vocal about it and even mocked them when China explained they wanted to rest and heal the injuries of their Top players so that they are prepared during the OQT.

Just watched Mazzanti' interviews after the 2 matches, he's not even angry. Actually he's smiling 🤔.

• But Carol was a no factor so far,very far from Ana Beatriz's level. She's also undersized for a MB nowadays

Being undersized has never been an issue for her, she just have a great block anticipation 😍 however I agree that she is out of shape nowadays