2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• looked like Egonu had and argument with Bosetti after the game. What exactly happened?

I feel bad for Egonu. She had to win every single game for Novara own her own. Now she gotta do the same here. When does that ends?. Is not like she's playing in Japan or for Korea. She has world class players around. Is like she's getting taking advantage of.

• I feel bad for Egonu. She had to win every single game for Novara own her own. Now she gotta do the same here. When does that ends?. Is not like she's playing in Japan or for Korea. She has world class players around. Is like she's getting taking advantage of.

Yeah, Egonu has a pretty great spike efficiency here today with 38 points. And for a lot of times, Chinese MBs just go directly to Egonu since nobody else can kill the ball, Gong had lots good digs too. Egonu has to pick a shaper angle to avoid the blocks, and that certainly increase the chance of making an error. And we often forgot this too Egonu is only 20 years old.

• I feel bad for Egonu. She had to win every single game for Novara own her own. Now she gotta do the same here. When does that ends?. Is not like she's playing in Japan or for Korea. She has world class players around. Is like she's getting taking advantage of.

It will stop when other players will be able to get kills :roll: it's not like other NTs ignore their to-go players ( see Boskovic or Zhu Ting)

• I don't know why Sylla got starting position over Pietrini, at least in VNL...

Egonu had some problems with Christina, and let be real Egonu started to act like dive, but I kind like that. But Ebrar the most annoying player EVER, She is so rude.

• China specifically put these two together to fight for the last OH spot. Same for the middles.

Liu XT got the silver in 2014 Italy, gold in 2015 Japan and 2016 Rio. While Liu Yanhan usually plays in the B team, and she has only the 2015 World Cup gold. Liu XT's biggest advantage is her decent passing, Liu Yanhan's floor defence improved a lot but her passing still is shaky (Liu XT's isn't much better either but at least decent). For China's OH, they already have Zhu, Zhang and Li YY, they are all pretty good attackers, so the 4th OH needs decent passing, that's the first thing, otherwise you can't contribute much to the A team, Liu Yanhan's attacking and blocking might be better than Liu XT, but without passing, she has little chance. Hopefully Jenny will give her a chance and see what she can do though.

• Liu XT got the silver in 2014 Italy, gold in 2015 Japan and 2016 Rio. While Liu Yanhan usually plays in the B team, and she has only the 2015 World Cup gold. Liu XT's biggest advantage is her decent passing, Liu Yanhan's floor defence improved a lot but her passing still is shaky (Liu XT's isn't much better either but at least decent). For China's OH, they already have Zhu, Zhang and Li YY, they are all pretty good attackers, so the 4th OH needs decent passing, that's the first thing, otherwise you can't contribute much to the A team, Liu Yanhan's attacking and blocking might be better than Liu XT, but without passing, she has little chance. Hopefully Jenny will give her a chance and see what she can do though.

This year Lang Ping tried moving Liu Yanhan to opposite because they had no real attack coming from that side, but it didn't work out . Her back row attack is much better than Liu XT, but I have to agree that her passing still needs more work. Liu XT has a much better serve than her.

Gong and Zeng are pretty similar in that they both play the defensive opposite role. Zeng will be the one to lose her spot because of age and injuries. Then China might want to move Zhang to opposite which she has played before. Throughout the VNL Lang Ping used her at opp quite a few times. This will only be the only way both Liu XT and Liu Yanhan will have a spot on the main team.

OPP: Gong, Zhang

OH: Zhu, Li YY, Liu XT, Liu Yanhan

*passing will be key if they want to go this route

• Yes, China has so many good OHs but not so much on OPP side. They have also tried the MB Zheng in the OPP position, and it doesn't seem to work too well. Also Liu Yanhan's spike at position 2 is not as effective as position 4, and Zhang seems to be the only one that is versatile in both 2 and 4. I doubt Jenny would give up Zeng though, it is a strong signal to me that now Zeng is training with the A team during the VNL final phase. Zeng's experience in passing and those small things really help the team but not so much in the offensive side indeed, even if she made it, she will be a sub.

• only caught the last two sets of CHN x ITA. yao di really redeemed herself from yesterday, today she had great connections with both wang and zheng.

i thought egonu was a monster not just in attacking but also blocking and serving. but she still makes too many hitting errors, especially at crucial moments. it seems she feels the pressure and gets unstable. in any event, ITA seemed unprepared...

about the lius: LXT is also a better server. she created a lot of problems today for pietrini and others...

• dang, all the first matches in nanjing start at 3 am (here) so i have to get up in the middle of the night if i want to watch TUR x BRA????? and then the 2nd match is 4 hours later... who has the time....?????

I've got midnight and 4:30am. I can't do both, stay up super late and get up super early. This week I passed on the midnight POL, USA, BRA matches. I'm going to switch and do the midnight tonight if I can, since I'm on the Turkey bandwagon. I hope it's over in 3 sets :sleeping:

• I'm missing all the first games (4AM), but at least they are replaying these games late in the day here, then I can catch up :D

• I have never seen (or maybe not) LXT and Liu playing well till this game.

It felt refreshed, the way everybody played, actually, but seeing them together swinging hard was fun. LYH's pipe attacks and LXT's serves were highlights. I think more highly of LXT than most people around here,. She's always saddled with B Team captaining and steps up to it.

I still give LXT the win for her serves over NED in the 2017 WGP. You don't go to the service line down 11-14 in a tie break and do a jump serve ACE unless you're confident, reliable, and have elephant balls <3