FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• JPN - DOM, a strange encounter. The host won big, and of course in much delight, but the loser team, DOM, looked like to take the defeat lightly, with no much negative feeling, still could see the smiling faces at DOM... at the end both teams were happy :-)

Btw it's bad that the host ONLY provides JAPANESE INTERPRETER for the on-court post-match interviews, thus force every other team to carry out the interview in English. Of course for those English speaking teams like the USA, NED, it ain't an issue at all, or some other teams having fluent English-speaking player such as Gabi from the BRA team... but for teams like the Chinese team, Russian team... it poses serious issue for doing any meaningful post-match interview in English. Just watch how meaningless the interviews being done by Zhu Ting or Irina Koroleva.... feel much sorry that the organizer cannot provide the bilingual interpreters for such a major event like this to do the thing properly, thus shun the affected teams from giving any meaningful remarks! :roll: :S

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• In the other hand, why does Kwiek keep trying Valdez? She has been a good MB, but now she is far from her best days. She has been playing since WCH 1998! And Kwiek has not only good options in the bench, also he left some players in DR.

well, valdez doesn’t look very effective these days but she’s still one of their best blockers and as you noted the most experienced one. i don’t think other MBs can do better than her, other than maybe eve.

• Yeah Europe is the best at volleyball and they have so many great teams, that's why they always win Olympic gold

XD That logic 😁

Europe still had 2 teams in the best 4 at OG and 3 at WCH.

• That line even made me thought that Gabi is Ze's daughter :-)

Gabi or Gabriela Braga GUIMARAES - Jose Roberto GUIMARAES --> any family tie???

No.

this is actually a common name in Brazil.

• really? there are 16 euro teams that can beat BRA, USA, DOM, JPN, KOR?

Hush you! Listen to the man. He gets it. Don'tcha know? (You obviously don't.) The All-knowing Terzic knows it. That's why they didn't even bother to send the best the mighty Serbia has to offer. This tournament is waaay beneath them.

In fact everyone there with the exception of China should just forget about 2020 Olympics and put all their attention in making it to Paris. They just have no chance....

But first Brazil, Japan, Korea and the USA should really work hard on being good enough to beat the rest of those elite ECH teams that didnt even make the podium. Tough tasks if you ask me.

The rest of the volleyball world can just hope and pray that we'd at least be able to keep up with all the Euro volleyball supremes in like 5 years time....or just fucking fold. A little 411 for you. Thank me later.

Signed, Bitch Silly.

Dictated but not read.

• Noone says that. Nobody denies the power of CHN, BRA and USA but for the rest, there are so many European teams that can beat them. Of course having these 3 teams makes any tournament strong but still some coaches and players (terzi, Morrison, De kruijf etc) make ECh priority

• JPN - DOM, a strange encounter. The host won big, and of course in much delight, but the loser team, DOM, looked like to take the defeat lightly, with no much negative feeling, still could see the smiling faces at DOM... at the end both teams were happy :-)

I think DOM are used to losing to JPN, especially when JPN plays at home. when DOM are able to coordinate block-defense well, counter-attack strongly and receive well, they have beaten JPN in the past (in the GP or montreux, as i recall, maybe at GCC). they didn’t do that today, except 3rd set. i didn’t watch the whole match, but from what i saw, JPN played incredible defense, brayelin had a hard time killing the ball. i like larysmer, she plays good defense. but DOM looks different without castillo (remember how they played at IOQT when she came back? night and day from before, or since).

even in 2014 ( their best year), at WCh, when DOM finished in top 6, they lost to JPN 3-2, in the last match of 2nd round. sakoda just killed them from back row. by then, JPN were already eliminated and DOM already advanced to finals. in that WCh, DOM also best ITA (at home!) and were up 2-0 against CHN (twice?).

• Noone says that. Nobody denies the power of CHN, BRA and USA but for the rest, there are so many European teams that can beat them. Of course having these 3 teams makes any tournament strong but still some coaches and players (terzi, Morrison, De kruijf etc) make ECh priority

that’s exactly what he said. go back and read it (and i quoted his post as he wrote it).

it’s like the time the other poster said “olympics are an easy and boring tournament” (because there's not enough euro teams). pathetic.

This no one.^

I'm a 23 year old man sitting alone with nothing plan on a Saturday in one of the most vibrant city in world. Don't take me too seriously. Lol

• In the 4th set when Brazil was leading 16-13, after the tech timeout, Gabi goes to serve and Clayton Lucas says " Gabi getting instructions from her daddy. It is a interesting dynamic when you have family members on the court" He goes on to compare Gabi-Ze Roberto with Bruno-Bernardinho.

I can`t believe he said that....has anyone been able to watch the replay and confirm he did say "daddy"?. I just wanna be 100% sure....and also....is this truly Clayton Lucas? For me they all sound the same and I can`t who is who anymore.

We need to let him know......this is simply embarrassing.