2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• with 16blocks from USA yesterday, i believe Russia will have a blocking party against France too..

• It seems a straight 3:0 game. See if France could bounce back.

• Yakovlev is the biggest surprise for me. He had quite an inconsistent season in Fakel being subbed a lot of times, but in this VNL his confidency and efficiency in attack and blocking is really impressive, apart from his great floating service.

Yakovlev and Klos are two MBs who have good floating serves.

• Kurkaev with 7 blocks already :white:

• Kliuka can be hot and cold sometimes.. maybe it's time to try Voronkov

• Rossard was so off today and made many unforced errors. He should be benched now.

• French's MB saved the:dance4: ball by his head. Well done!

• 3:0 easy win for Russia

France is going home. Both USA and Russia can rest the starters for tomorrow.

• So USA and Russia will do their best to lose tomorrow and avoid Brazil in the semis most probably :lol:

• Russia with 20 blocks! It was a luxury training for them, nothing more than that. Really embarassing what France did (or what they didn't do) in this Final 6 :aww:

• France played poorly in all aspects today.

Russia was dominant in the net but I wouldn't rest the starting six against USA. Kliuka and Poletaev looked rusty, they need more playing time in order to get rythm. Poletaev 7/23 - Kliuka 4/17

• Kobzar looks so cute with his broken English :heart::lol:

• And they're done. Au revoir Yavbou ;(;(;(;(

What's up with making Bultor your back-up libero? He performed better than most of the team against US. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• France played poorly in all aspects today.

Russia was dominant in the net but I wouldn't rest the starting six against USA. Kliuka and Poletaev looked rusty, they need more playing time in order to get rythm. Poletaev 7/23 - Kliuka 4/17

I agree even Volkov was hitting less than 50%.. Russia need to play the starters tomorrow

• In my opinion, Kwolek and Bednorz are currently better than him.

I thought the same before the season, but during VNL Śliwka sometimes was the only good playing player. He had really good weekend in Milano, when Bednorz was playing very weak. Śliwka has very good reception and is kind of firefighter in Polish team.

Kwolek is still unstable for me. His kills sometimes makes me crazy :)

• Heynen asked FIVB to rebook his back ticket to Poland for today, so it looks like that he will not be leading Poland during the next two games.

Gossip says that he has official presentation in Perugia.

Update: Polish Federation denied this info, Heynen will stay with the team in Chicago, despite he said in the interview after match Iran, that "coach for the next two game is wanted".

• A few hours to the Iran's game and i know the possibility of victory for them is extremely low, but the miracle happened last time at the Iran's only participation in 2014 World League Finals in Italy, where they could beat brazil in their last game and advanced to the semi-finals. Just wish they fight till the last point, and we see an interesting match

• A few hours to the Iran's game and i know the possibility of victory for them is extremely low, but the miracle happened last time at the Iran's only participation in 2014 World League Finals in Italy, where they could beat brazil in their last game and advanced to the semi-finals. Just wish they fight till the last point, and we see an interesting match

but you should know Brazil wanted to lose that match to eliminate Russia. they are good in acting and making you believe "you really beat them"

I'm not saying there is absolutely no chance for Iran tonight, Brazil also didn't impress in first match but realistically Brazil is huge huge favorite. the best match Iran played in this VNL was against Brazil though (despite the defeat). maybe they can do that again.

• fireworks from both sides in set 1 . Very entertaining match so far.

Lucarelli aces:white: