2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• after being smashed by some fans we can finally see the job of lavarini with this polish team

I hope he can stay a lot of time and make poland great

• Wow, it seems Brazil-Italy was a classic. Congrats to Gabi and Brazil! Despite having 37 points, I can't help but point out that Egonu had 12 errors; Boskovic had 16 in her first 4 matches combined:saint:. Carol another monster blocking performance. :drink:

Thai girls really missed a major opportunity here for getting that much closer to quarters. And to think how many people online moaned how this Canada is worst in years after that first match against Serbia...

Speaking of which, there is only one undefeated team now,8oAfter 3 straight matches with 50%+, Busa finally had one below that line, but still a fine performance. Another great game for Jovana while yet another no-show for Maja. I see Bogdan and madden have finally joined me in concern over that...=O

• Stevanovic is in great shape:super:

A great defense of Serbia, you can see Santarelli's work here and what is worth paying attention to is a very good team game, and Drca was great at distributing the balls

• Solid win by Netherlands after a slow start again. Good to see Dambrink was able to turn around the match in the second set.

At the beginning of the 3rd set, Netherlands had to make the first sub already before the first rally because they put Plak on the line-up form and that should've been Dambrink. Kind of amateurish mistake:gone:

• Solid win by Netherlands after a slow start again. Good to see Dambrink was able to turn around the match in the second set.

At the beginning of the 3rd set, Netherlands had to make the first sub already before the first rally because they put Plak on the line-up form and that should've been Dambrink. Kind of amateurish mistake:gone:

Timmerman plays really great :rose:

• It seems it was a good day for MBs.:super:

• Being forced to play with Pri Daroit, our only option is Gabi-ball... When Julia Bergmann returns, if Ana Cristina returns and when Ze gives up on Pri, we'll look more like a team, I'm sure

more options for OH in Julia B, Ana C. And Tainara and Lorrayna being able to play as OP/OH.

• October 5, 2022 Quarterfinal Clinching Scenarios

Pool E
    NONE

Pool F
    SRB: WIN vs. DOM AND THA LOSS vs. GER, SRB will reach 7 wins, THA and other teams below them can only reach 6 wins

USA: WIN vs. POL in <5 SETS AND THA LOSS vs. GER AND DOM LOSS vs. SRB, USA will reach 6 wins and 18 points, THA can only reach 6 wins and a maximum 17 points (1 five-set loss)

October 5, 2022 Elimination Scenarios

Pool E
    ARG: LOSS vs. BEL AND CHN WIN vs. PUR, ARG can only reach 4 wins and ITA, JPN, BRA, CHN & BEL would all be on 5 wins

Pool F
    GER: LOSS vs. THA, GER can only reach 4 wins, SRB, USA, TUR & THA would all be on 5 wins

• more options for OH in Julia B, Ana C. And Tainara and Lorrayna being able to play as OP/OH.

Lorrayna hás no skills tô play as OH

• Maira (chemik polícia) seems a good Option tô me but she refuses the invitation

• I am really satisfied with Różański's performance. I can't wait to see her in Chieri.

Me too. She really improve her skills but not only in NT but when she played in Legionovia she was team leader. Against Serbia she played really good. Pity that Stysiak couldnt play a little bit better. We need to do some suprise with USA. Propably last chance to qualify fo QF, ofcourse if we could beat Canada and Germany, which it also will not be easy...

• today is a must win for italy if they want to keep the leadership of their groupe,to recover confidence and because also they need be better against china

A win in 3 sets

• I watched the match against Poland, and it really can't be said how important Bojana Drča is for Serbia's good performance so far (after all, the only match so far where the girls lost sets was the one she wasn't a starter). Good defence, good block (3rd best blocker in the team, IMO), good distribution of balls, very few errors and good connection with all spikers. The only sub-optimal aspect of her game is her connection with middles, and that's not completely on Maja's atrocious play; she should set a bit higher balls for first tempo, and a little faster set for slider.

As for today's match against Dominican Republic, I saw posts both here and on twitter where people thought DOM can make a surprise, while less chance was being given to Thailand's chances for an upset (against Serbia, that is). That's funny, because I would argue the polar opposite; Thailand's style of play has a much higher chance of defeating Serbian team, but I guess we'll see.

• Japan takes set 1 against Italy!