Montreux Volley Masters 2019

• I'm happy though with this match, Ebrar as OH is not an impossible job at all!! This is amazing, leaves Hande open as Opp. I'm sure the team'll do better in VNL/Ech.

Thailand will be hard though XD, I am ecpecting another 25-11 set this time.

• Turkey was powerful at times, but very messy most times. Also the defense/reception was just too bad. Aylin Sarioglu is not doing well, Simge and Gizem as liberos are on another level.

Good job Italy, Pietrini was amazing and I'm liking Fahr more and more. Even sorokaite was good today

I don’t think Aylin played bad. She was good most of the time.

• I'm happy for the italian girls :drink: it is evident though that, there isnstill still a lot of work to do, but I believe in Mazzanti and his team!

:super:

• I don’t think Aylin played bad. She was good most of the time.

I like Aylin but it felt like she couldn't defend any ball of the Italian girls, though her reception was not bad. It is weird because she is usually better in defense than reception. Not the biggest problem though.

The Galatasaray girls Boz and Baladin should have delivered more and setters were bad. Kübra got some terrible sets. But it is just the start and in a tournament as Montreux. Right now all I wanted to see was potential and I saw it in everyone but Gözde lol but we already knew that.

Italian girls played an amazing match too, Turkish girls just did not expect that it seemed and beflre you knew it the Italians ran away with it :D

Also 40+ errors is just LOL they should watch that

• Why Gio was 2nd coach today?

He also did it with the Dutch national team at Montreux. In this way the assistant can gain some experience as a head coach

• Fear the goggles!

• I like that Nakata is trusting some newcomers but Japan needs this to move on, I believe :/

• Japan is attacking from downtown more these days. I approve :thumbup:

• It's time to accept that Stigrot is never going to make it on international level. Since several years every summer it seems like she's close to the breakthrough, showing signs of possibly improving, but then the summer is over and a year later she's back to where she was before. She can't pass and she'll never learn it, and in attack she can only score thanks to her agility, but her technique also will never be good enough.

• For me Nabeya is the best player in the world right now.

That serve is everything

Japan has been working on serves. I think Shinnabe has the best one right now. The new MB Watanabe has a very quiet but effective one as well. She was top 5 serve during the season.

Fear the goggles!

• New MB Aya Watanabe was also 6th in kill% during the season. She's short but quick and smart. Playing/working with Erika Araki for a couple years has been good for her