Serbia NT 2019

• Stevanovic has been posting some workout videos and saying she can't wait for the season with Scandicci to start. I guess she will be joining them very soon if she hasn't already joined them.

She looks healthy and good to go. Will be hard for her to make a case next summer for s comeback, but that makes me think she might not even want to come at all... Makes no sense that she would take the summer off before the OG (she's not Rasic).

And actually it is not right for her to leave her team when they actually need her.

it's not only the problem of the Serbian NT, as far as I know the same problems exist in the Russian NT. I don't want to use the name of the player or players, have been reluctant to join the national team.

On the one hand, I can understand them to some extent, yes they have played too much in their clubs maybe need to have some rest. On the other hand, I think it's unfair for the rest of the players who are joining the national team regardless of their tiredness.

• it's not only the problem of the Serbian NT, as far as I know the same problems exist in the Russian NT. I don't want to use the name of the player or players, have been reluctant to join the national team.

On the one hand, I can understand them to some extent, yes they have played too much in their clubs maybe need to have some rest. On the other hand, I think it's unfair for the rest of the players who are joining the national team regardless of their tiredness.

Yeah, and Stevanovic is still young and as far as I know she`s not injured or anything. If she had been injured this past season and wanted some rest that would be fine. But like I said she`s looking good on the workout videos she`s posting.

It makes me sad, I understand Serbia has a bunch of middles that can fill her role, but still, Stevanovic is one of the very best and she should be with the NT. I just hope somehow she and Terzic can get over this next summer because they do need her.

• The first friendly match: Serbia vs Korea 2-1 (25-18, 25-22, 20-25). The game had to be stopped because Korea had no setters left. :sos: An Hyejin got sick while she was still on the plane and had to be urgently transfered to the hospital as soon as they landed in Belgrade, and then Lee Daeyong sustained an Achilles tendon injury towards the end of the third set.

There were supposed to be another two friendly matched between the two teams, but because of this situation with the Korean setters, they may have to be cancelled.

Stats

• I feel bad for Savic, but I`m glad Terzic is taking Lazovic over here because at the end of the day there`s Rasic and hopefully Stevanovic, and giving Lazovic the chance to be with the senior team is more important than having a 4th middle.

• Terzić wasn't happy about the team's form before the start of the tournament and he was right, they hardly showed their best performance, but it was enough to finish the most important job of the season. Also, they managed to fight off a very inspired opponent and raise their level when it mattered the most, and it was good news.

A struggle like this is not surprising, TBH, considering the main players hadn't played in months. There was some bad luck during the preparations, the scheduled friendly against Azerbaijan had to be cancelled, then the fiasco with the Korean setters happened, so they were very rusty going to Wroclaw. Also, Maja wasn't able to fully focus on trainings because of her club situation and the negotiations between Dinamo and Vakifbank (also, it looks like her departure from Dinamo was far from amicable), the team chemistry must have been different with several long time players missing... It all must have played a part.

But now the main thing is over and they can be more relaxed going into the ECh.

Rašić's blocking performance was definitely missed. OTOH, Popović had a great game against Poland and Aleksić showed she can turn into a big time MB if she can fix that Polanska-serve.

• http://odbojka-volleyball.com/…t-u-glavu-ceka-nas-pakao/

Long interview with Terzic .

Who will play in a World Cup?

"I can already say that Serbia will have a decent team at WC. Most likely 3 or 4 girls from the starting six won't be there, because it would be too much for them, so we don't want to bother them with a competition of any importance. But the girls who'll be travelling to Japan, can play against any other team without them being outsiders."

How much were Milena Rasic, Bojana Zivkovic,Tijana Malesevic.. missed in Poland?

They were certainly missed. However, it's not a problem for some girls to replace them on the court . They are not just the players , but they are hanging out with others off the court, for years.

Jovana Stevanovic wasn't there either?

She was invited to join preparations, and she didn't show up .That's it.

• But what happened to Rasic? Is she injuried?

• But what happened to Rasic? Is she injuried?

No, she was given time off this summer to rest.

We'll probably never know what the deal with Stevanović is. I do hope she'll come back at some point.
    OTOH, I think we'll never see Živković and Malešević on the NT again.

I do think the atmosphere must be very different without them. For example, it's got to be weird for Brankica not to have any of her best pals around anymore. No matter how professional you are, it's bound to have an impact.

Terzić is complaining (who would have thought?! :lol:) that it's getting more and more difficult for the players to motivate themselves and really focus on trainings, and that there's not much he and the staff can do about it at this point. He hopes the motivation will naturally come back to them once the Olympics are near.

He's also basically confirmed he's quitting after Tokyo.

• it is to early to talk about that but i think that succsesor Zorana Terzica may be Marijana Boricic. She is head coach of junior selection for a while and IMO she is good succsesor of Terzic. I don't know much about her ability but from Tent and few games of junior selection which i watched my impression is positive about her.

OFC i still hope that Terzic would be a head coach for several years(al least one more OG cycle) but when came to my mind that maybe he will retire after Tokyo i was confused and be in style. "WTF who succsed him", and i have to share with you my impression. And ofc i love to hear your opinions, nobody else not came to my mind.

• Weell here is one more Terzic's interview, but about different topics.

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sp…de-kujem-uz-ruske-klasike

You couldn't have imagined that you will work with NT for this long?

Next year there is OI and then 2021 ECH in Belgrade. That will be mine 20. season on Serbian bench. I wish that on 10-year anniversary of winning the European gold in our capital city, we win the gold again.

(Terzic will probably be there at least till 2021)

Tijana Boskovic showed to be the main player of your squad

"She is a talent that rarely appears. I gave her a chance quite early, when she was 17. I was convinced that she should be playing so she can get on a NT level as soon as possible. Remarkable Importance for this team is also Maja Ognjenovic, captain and my extended arm.At the same time, setter at the end of her career, who at the moment doesn't have a true successor. Bojana Zivkovic and Ana Antonijevic could replaced her without problems . With Bojana, we were ECH champs very easilly, so if a player shows up just like her (Bojana), it will be a great success. Maja is specific, player which is rarely born. She does a lot of things on a feeling, talent, instant inspiration. We don't have a setter that resembles on them.

it's not just a setter position that scares you ?

The last years, new players that were coming who could indanger starting six were rare. There is no extra talents. We don't have even a closely player who looks like Rasic or Veljkovic. Not that they should be on their level, but just to resemble on them.We don't have it. Or an attackers like Brankica or Tijana.

It's even scarier when Terzic speaks about a lack of a decent replacement for the current team. Zero optimism for the future. I wouldn't say there are no talents appearing. And with having Boskovic for a long time more, how bad can you really get? It's unrealistic that Serbia keeps this level after a switch of generations, because of small pool of players to choose from, but it shouldn't be that bad.