Brazilian NT 2019

• My Tokyo 2020 lineup:

Setter: Macris, Roberta

MB: Bia, Mara, Fabiana(?)

Opposite: Lorenne, Paula(?) or Sheila or Bruna H.

Spiker: Gabi, Tandara, Tainara(?), Amanda

Libero: Leia, Camila

Tainara given the chance is a hard hitter also. Not sure about Paula and let's see Sheilla and Fabiana's progress.

• As of the moment, I'm ok with

Macris/Roberta

Lorenne/tandara (in this order)

Gabi/tainara/tandara

Bia/mara/fabiana

Libero is leia. But il have to think of it when camilla brait plays for the world cup

• I have always liked Lorene....BUT she wasted a few season on the bench after such a dominant season with Sesi.

She is young and will just get better ( if she plays and not sit on the bench).

But Im not sold on her yet for Tokyo. Would be necessary to see her performance against A teams of Serbia,Italy and China.

Im all for the young players, but Lorene should have played more in club and nt in order to be able to help Brazil in Tokyo...I think Sheila might be more helpful....a little to late for Lorene.

• It's a little late for shiela

• Lorenne sitting on bench is more qualified than Sheila sitting at home being pregnant. if it is too late for Lorenne it is definitely too late for Sheila.

• besides, Sheilla already is a 3x Olympian. Give chance to Paula and Lorenne. I think Tandara will be rotating OH/OP.

• Sheilla wouln't return to the NT like she did if she wasn't in the plans for Tokyo. Unless she underperforms like crazy and is actually horrible in every single way or I don't know, kill someone, she's going. Paula and Lorenne better hope for a spot in Paris.

• Natalia-Gabi-Tandara is the best option for Brazilian NT and that is it. They don't need Sheilla at all.

• Sheilla wouln't return to the NT like she did if she wasn't in the plans for Tokyo. Unless she underperforms like crazy and is actually horrible in every single way or I don't know, kill someone, she's going. Paula and Lorenne better hope for a spot in Paris.

This. I don't think Sheilla will return to NT just to play World Cup this year. Let's actually wait and see her play for all we know she can show a decent-enough level and will continue to improve. Who knows?

• and both Paula and Lorenne will be fighting for the 2 OP slots. Tandara/Gabi/Natalia/Amanda as the OH.

• and both Paula and Lorenne will be fighting for the 2 OP slots. Tandara/Gabi/Natalia/Amanda as the OH.

Tandara won't be playing as OH, she played that way on a desperate move because Brazil didn't have Natalia.. Tandara is an Opp-only option, for sure... she will play that way in her club so it doesn't make any sense to play a different one in NT, she is not Matt Anderson

• Natalia-Gabi-Tandara is the best option for Brazilian NT and that is it. They don't need Sheilla at all.

If Ze Roberto takes only 1 OPP, then that`s Tandara for sure. But if he`s taking a backup OPP I still prefer Sheilla because she has the experience and that can be helpful. If Lorene or Paula were more experienced, for sure I would go with them. But that`s not the case.

• Tandara won't be playing as OH, she played that way on a desperate move because Brazil didn't have Natalia.. Tandara is an Opp-only option, for sure... she will play that way in her club so it doesn't make any sense to play a different one in NT, she is not Matt Anderson

Tandara played as OH in Osasco with Bjjelica as OPP and Malesevic OH2.

If Bernardinho wants she can certainly have Tandara playing OH.

But with the NT I`m pretty sure she will only play OPP

Is paula borgo still in the contention? She is a hit and miss for me. Lorenne on the other hand is a revelation.

For now she is my number one opposite of brazil basing only on tandara’s return, bruna’s injury and even with the return of sheila!!!!

What i think is unsure is the middle blocker position. Carol who even have a very good season at praia cant have a connection with the lock position, spiking position with her nt setter. This is also true on the part of mara and bia, both two have a very underwhelming season especially bia. Mara on the other hand had a bad season in the world championship where she was replaced by mayany. After that stint, stefanno lavarini started with mayany. Mayany in two games were awarded as best player of the game(viva volley) however she had a kidney infection and mara started again for minas. Qualifying round until the finals, mara was better than mayany as carol gattaz is irreplaceable.

The point of adenizia is also something that needs another look, she was the best blocker of the italian super league however on her last season with scandicci, she had problems that i believe started even before (way back 2018 during their preparation for the world championship). After their third place finish, she was operated and got married.

Lara noble was also called because of an awesome season in club despite her club underperforming.

Thaisa recently playing for good seasons at barueri but if you come to think of her present form, she is way above her stature when she was in 2010-2013.

Although, this may be true with fabiana, i still think she is the best blocker of the world even playing at clubs. She may not have connection with carli lloyd but she is still in it to win it.

In conclusion, i think that if their season in osasco would be outstanding, mara and bia will be sure starters for the olympics or even fabiana (i remember she and bia were awesome in 2014 sesi sp team)

It’s just me but i really think between these persons ive mentioned will be summoned for the olympics.

Laura caudiess is also promising in the under 20. Diana alecrim as well but she was injured. Im hoping for brazil the vest best come tokyo 2020 because i want them to have gold!

• Tandara played as OH in Osasco with Bjjelica as OPP and Malesevic OH2.

If Bernardinho wants she can certainly have Tandara playing OH.

But with the NT I`m pretty sure she will only play OPP

She played several times as non-receive OH in brazilian league. As far I remember in Osasco, Campinas, Praia... and she was champion 2011/2012 as receiving OH with Jaque and Hooker as OPP.

• She played several times as non-receive OH in brazilian league. As far I remember in Osasco, Campinas, Praia... and she was champion 2011/2012 as receiving OH with Jaque and Hooker as OPP.

She played several times as non-receive OH in brazilian league. As far I remember in Osasco, Campinas, Praia... and she was champion 2011/2012 as receiving OH with Jaque and Hooker as OPP.

yeah she played as outside hitter in the 2017 world championship with bjelika as opposite and they were 6th in the overall competition.

• She played several times as non-receive OH in brazilian league. As far I remember in Osasco, Campinas, Praia... and she was champion 2011/2012 as receiving OH with Jaque and Hooker as OPP.

Actually only in Campinas she was a non-receiving OH because they had Kristin Hildebrand as a passing OPP. In the other occasions she was passing all the time as OH, but it’s just not her thing. After the season she had in Osasco playing as OPP, I don’t think she’ll ever want to play as OH again.

• If you read the latest news from brazil, ze roberto warned tandara to be in the inversion with roberta. This is maybe because her relationship to macris is not yet developed unlike roberta’s sets to her.

This is true why macris still needs to go to the pan american games for her to develop herself unlife roberta who already had developed confidence in this olympic cycle.

I have a feeling that the starting 6 for the olympics would be... tandara, roberta, bia, mara, gabi and natalia with brait as libero.

And the inversion is lorenne, macris hopefully with mara in front.

The oh are gabi natalia garay and drussyla; opposites are lorenne and tandara. This is true until now. Im still waiting for the south american games and the world cup results.