Brazilian NT 2019

• According to Voloch, Tandara won’t play the continental championship. She asked to be out to solve personal problems, and it seems her decision didn’t pleased Zé and the technical staff.

IMO Brazilian players are really loosing opportunities to prove themselves. I know Tandara is great, but now Lorenne is doing well and we all know that Sheilla will be in Tokyo even if she reaches just like 60% of her best shape. Players shouldn’t take their spot for granted... Look at Carol’s example, she was a beast in Superliga, and now, after taking a month off to go on vacation, she’s barely playing.

• Brazilian squad for South American Championship:

S: Macris, Roberta

Opp: Lorenne, Sheilla

OH: Drussyla, Amanda, Gabi Candido, Maira

MB: Fabiana, Carol, Mara, Bia

L: Leia, Suellen

• According to Voloch, Tandara won’t play the continental championship. She asked to be out to solve personal problems, and it seems her decision didn’t pleased Zé and the technical staff.

IMO Brazilian players are really loosing opportunities to prove themselves. I know Tandara is great, but now Lorenne is doing well and we all know that Sheilla will be in Tokyo even if she reaches just like 60% of her best shape. Players shouldn’t take their spot for granted... Look at Carol’s example, she was a beast in Superliga, and now, after taking a month off to go on vacation, she’s barely playing.

Thats why there is also a guess that Tandara will be cut of WC roster too.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Does thaisa still have the willing to play in Tokyo? I think she will compete a spot from next year.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Does thaisa still have the willing to play in Tokyo? I think she will compete a spot from next year.

She will be back

The Sheilla effect? I feel sorry for Tandara, just as she thought she finally stepped out of Sheilla's shadow going to Tokyo.. Sheilla's spot is already secured for Tokyo IMO, so Tandara will now be competing with Lorenne for the other spot

• Tandara has an injury. I don't know if it's a major injury or not but she wouldn't be able to play anyway.

• I would assume would be a good thing for Ze Roberto that Tandara will skip this tournament as this give him the chance to evaluate Lorenne and Sheilla.

I don`t think this has anything to do with Sheilla`s come back. Tandara is married and has a child, so she might really have something going on.

• There are personal issues too of course but I think she is expecting to fully recover with the major help of Bernardinho and Sesc/Rio.

It wouldn't be the first, not even the second or the third time that a player with continuous injuries is recovered after playing in Sesc/Rio.

• i haven’t found results online for the s. am. ch.

just wondering how important is this for BRA... i see BRA has not lost this since 1993, and i always remember this has been fairly easy for BRA to win, but after pan am games, it won’t be so easy this time against ARG.

• i haven’t found results online for the s. am. ch.

just wondering how important is this for BRA... i see BRA has not lost this since 1993, and i always remember this has been fairly easy for BRA to win, but after pan am games, it won’t be so easy this time against ARG.

Brazil 3x0 Ecuador

(25-8, 25-9, 25-10)

Source: CBV(twitter)

Brazil are kind serious about this tournament because of ranking points, but they were also able to do some experiments, like using Gabi Candido as Opp for some part of the match

• is ARG there with A team?

No, i don't know the exact roster but i think it is pretty similar to the squad vs Brazil (friendlies), a mix of experienced-ish players and youth

• Brazil 3x0 Ecuador

(25-8, 25-9, 25-10)

Source: CBV(twitter)

Brazil are kind serious about this tournament because of ranking points, but they were also able to do some experiments, like using Gabi Candido as Opp for some part of the match

Southamerican Championship, as well as all the continental championships, do not give anymore ranking points.

I think Brazil sends its main team just because it is a "traditional tourment" and kinda respect it.

Indeed, Brazil hasnt lost a set since 1999 :sos:

i forgot COL. this year it certainly won’t be easy for BRA.

Two years, eventhough it was a 3-0 for Brazil, Colombia was a tough nut to crack, most of all in the first set. Brazil played with its best possible squad.

• i forgot COL. this year it certainly won’t be easy for BRA.

We have Drussyla, Leia and better MBs this time. I think (I hope) it will be easy.