Italian NT 2019

• BTW Nwakalor is playing as opposite,so I don't know why she is in the list as OH. I remember she tried to play as receiverin Club Italia,but every single serve on her was either an ace or overpass :lol: She is much better than Nicoletti currently

• Nicoletti? I havent seen anything special on her since mmm many many months ago. This choice really surprises me. Ok, she is young and she could still develop, but there are younger players who have shown more progress.

What a pity for Bonifacio! She had a good season! I For me she is in the top 4 of best italian MBs. She and Folie would have been the best back ups when Danesi or Chirichella (specially her) underperformed in the last WCH.

• As for today Italy has many very talented young players, but I wouldn’t consider Nicoletti in this group. I’m very surprised that she will play for A team. I would say that she has height, nothing more.

• I overall agree with you guys, but maybe Mazzanti wants to try as many combinations and players possible. There are several tournaments this season so who knows.. or maybe he doesn't want to force Enweonwu. She had a big injury last year and she came back little time ago. Maybe putting her on the international stage could be hard..

• I overall agree with you guys, but maybe Mazzanti wants to try as many combinations and players possible. There are several tournaments this season so who knows.. or maybe he doesn't want to force Enweonwu. She had a big injury last year and she came back little time ago. Maybe putting her on the international stage could be hard..

At this age, social media should be used so actively. They should inform when someone is injured, someone has school issues or personal issues. Even when coach agrees with players for taking a break, they should inform people. It shouldn’t be a secret anymore, at this age.

• Italy has so young and great talents that We forgot that some of them are still going to school :gone:

• Here is the list of the of the 14 players called for the Montreux tournament.

Sara Alberti, Alexandra Botezat, Carlotta Cambi, Chiara De Bortoli, Sarah Fahr, Ofelia Malinov, Anna Nicoletti, Sylvia Nwakalor, Alessia Orro, Beatrice Parrocchiale, Elena Pietrini, Indre Sorokaite, Francesca Villani and Lucia Bosetti.

• Lucia Bosetti and Malinov already with NT:white:

• I think that VNL is a target this year for our NT. I'm not surprised since it was the same in 2017 and 2018. In 2017 Italy played great during the World Grand Prix and it's still bittersweet for me to think about all the problems this team had at the European Championship (injuries,sicknesses, false accusations of doping etc...).

Last year Davide underestimated the opponents of the first 2 weeks imo, because he said he wanted to qualify for the final 6 and then in fact we won 8 games in a row with our A team,but it was too late.

I hope this team will win a gold medal this year, they deserve it imo.

• ITALIA-TURCHIA 3-1 (25-27, 25-20, 25-20, 25-23)

Italia: Sorokaite 19, Alberti 6, Villani 11, Orro 1, Fahr 8, Pietrini 16, libero: Parrocchiale, De Bortoli (L), Nicoletti 2, Cambi. Ne: Nwakalor, Bosetti, Botezat. All. Mazzanti

Turchia: Karakurt 15, Caliskan 12, Ismailoglu 12, Gunes 10, Ozbay 2, Baladin 2, libero: Sarioglu, Boz 10, Ylmaz 1, Dilik

• Italy-Switzerland 3-1 (25-17, 25-16, 16-25, 25-13)

Italy: Fahr 12, Malinov 3, Bosetti 10, Botezat 11, Nicoletti 10, Villani 14, Sorokaite 8.

Switzerland: Stork 20, Kunzler 14, Schottroff 4, Zaugg 2, Staffelbach 4, Lengweiler 2, Petitat 1.

• ITALIA-THAILANDIA 3-0 (25-20, 25-18, 25-14)

Italia: Sorokaite 18, Fahr 13, Pietrini 13, L. Bosetti 8, Alberti 4, Malinov 4, libero: Parrocchiale

Thailandia: Thinkaow 7, Kanthong 6, Hyapha 5, On Moksri 5, Sittirak 3, Tomkom 2, libero: Pannoy, Kongyot 3, Kamlangmak 1, Montripila 1,

• Danesi, Fahr, Christina, Folie, Bonifacio, Lubian

My God Italy :white::white::white:

• Italian players called for the first phase of VNL: Sara Alberti, Alexandra Botezat, Chiara De Bortoli, Sarah Fahr, Ofelia Malinov, Anna Nicoletti, Sylvia Nwakalor, Alessia Orro, Beatrice Parrocchiale, Elena Pietrini, Indre Sorokaite, Francesca Villani e Lucia Bosetti.

Calendar:

21/5: Tailandia-Germania (ore 17.30), Polonia-Italia (ore 20.30)

22/5: Tailandia-Italia (ore 17.30), Polonia-Germania (ore 20.30)

23/5: Italia-Germania (ore 17.30), Polonia-Tailandia (ore 20.30)

• Still this line up can be very strong

Malinova-Sorokaite

Bosetti-Pietrini

Fahr-Alberti

Parrocchiale

• Is Bosetti 100% fit again? Italy needs some OH who knows passing, because that reception line against Japan was a nightmare