Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Why do you keep bashing Imoco players for wanting to play , to do their job during that time? It’s a different situation when they expressed that opinion compared to now. For how long will they be punished in this forum?

They didn't just expressed they wanted to do their jobs though:

They made fun of the entire situation and some gave half-ass apologies only to take it back later. I think it's very normal people here are disappointed with them and I think the majority agrees now that it's not a 'funny sitation and making fun of it to this point has brought us nothing but more problems. Like remember to give another perspective: when COVID-19 only was a problem in China, people made fun of COVID-19 and it ended up resulting into terrible racism towards almost all East-Asian (yes being also ignorant like that) people worldwide.

People are dying daily, it's not funny. I'm still waiting for a good apology but other than that they're def over to me esp. if that never happens. People make mistakes, but they're taking a very long time denying it's a problem and continue with their toxic behaviour (didn't they make another vid joking about having to play in a closed area w/o fans?) so yea...

• Adding my perspective. Before, people tend to shoo away when they see a Chinese. Now, how can we identify an Italian from the north area. That's an issue, I think.

Wut? Is this srs lmao? I've been to Northern Italy before so I can tell you about this.

The people are just mainly, hot af so stay away from all the sexy people. Especially the men, or maybe that's because it's my interest group :P

I don't know how they compare with southern Italy but I heard, the southerners are more tan which sounds logical since it's a pretty tall country onto the mediterenean. I doubt you'd recognize an average Italian distinctly in Europe and I doubt you should try to if you're serious as it would be discriminatory and not really an effective method.

• Imoco girls should simply apologize, then people may try to forgive them or simply move on.

Not only the disgusting pic after Stuttgart, when hundreds of people already died because of the virus, but also the video where they joke about playing without the crowd, recorded while all the clubs from Superlega, Serie A1, A2 and A3 and their players were making appeals on their social media to convince people to stay home, sharing the hashtag #iorestoacasa. I don't follow any volleyball player on IG, but I can assure you every italian volleyball legend made IG stories, live streams and posts about the Covid-19 in order to convince their followers to stay home.

Anyway, It was another damn bloody day. New and more restrictive measures. More people died. 1500+ new infected. The nightmare won't be over any soon. But yeah, it's just flu, wash your hands. (cit.)

• Wut? Is this srs lmao? I've been to Northern Italy before so I can tell you about this.

The people are just mainly, hot af so stay away from all the sexy people. Especially the men, or maybe that's because it's my interest group :P

I don't know how they compare with southern Italy but I heard, the southerners are more tan which sounds logical since it's a pretty tall country onto the mediterenean. I doubt you'd recognize an average Italian distinctly in Europe and I doubt you should try to if you're serious as it would be discriminatory and not really an effective method.

That's the thing. Many people, including people in the West, are having this prejudice that when there are slint-eyed people around, then they are "likely" the source of "virus."

Now that Italy seems to be the "source" in Europe, how can northern Italians be identified?

Anyway, nothing lasts forever. The best (for me) solution is to boost immune system first before joining the bandwagon of peeps rushing to get masks, toilet papers and alcohol.

• Now that Tom Hanks and Rudy Gobert have tested positive on coronavirus (and NBA being suspended until further notice), I expect that people will generally take this virus more seriously. After ourselves and our loved ones, there's nothing like a celebrity being afflicted with something to shake us and force us to take notice.

• Since we're already on this subject, I'd suggest all of you to listen to today and yesterday's The Daily podcast hosted by Michael Barbaro from New York Times. The two episodes of yesterday and today provide a great cover in depth of how US squandered the valuable time during the early phase of outbreak, why China and South Korea got praised by WHO for their aggressive strategy to keep the virus from wide spreading, and why Italy was not praise-worthy, and how US is currently following the Italian path.

• Now that Tom Hanks and Rudy Gobert have tested positive on coronavirus (and NBA being suspended until further notice), I expect that people will generally take this virus more seriously. After ourselves and our loved ones, there's nothing like a celebrity being afflicted with something to shake us and force us to take notice.

Rudy Gobert was acting like a jackass by making light of a serious health threath. He touched every mic after a press conference to prove a rather idiotic point and then getting the virus days later. A worthy candidate for life comes at you fast poster boy if there ever was one. He's not part of the at risk demo and yet thanks to his egoistic, oppositional defiant behavior he made it easier for the NBA to suspend the entire season.

Hanks and wife were in Australia. Gobert, and apparently another Jazz player who tested positive are presumably in the USA where there is a shortage or inability of test kits. Seems those guys got tests and results pretty quickly.

• Hanks and wife were in Australia. Gobert, and apparently another Jazz player who tested positive are presumably in the USA where there is a shortage or inability of test kits. Seems those guys got tests and results pretty quickly.

Not only those 2 (the other one is Donovan Mitchell), but seemingly the entire Utah Jazz organisation got tested (some 50 people, all in all). All but those 2 came back negative.

• They didn't just expressed they wanted to do their jobs though:

They made fun of the entire situation and some gave half-ass apologies only to take it back later. I think it's very normal people here are disappointed with them and I think the majority agrees now that it's not a 'funny sitation and making fun of it to this point has brought us nothing but more problems. Like remember to give another perspective: when COVID-19 only was a problem in China, people made fun of COVID-19 and it ended up resulting into terrible racism towards almost all East-Asian (yes being also ignorant like that) people worldwide.

People are dying daily, it's not funny. I'm still waiting for a good apology but other than that they're def over to me esp. if that never happens. People make mistakes, but they're taking a very long time denying it's a problem and continue with their toxic behaviour (didn't they make another vid joking about having to play in a closed area w/o fans?) so yea...

Robin de Kruijf seems to have got her instagram page on a hold/deleted because of this post, maybe people reported it here or... she deleted it herself.

either way, she is not on Instagram currently

• Robin de Kruijf seems to have got her instagram page on a hold/deleted because of this post, maybe people reported it here or... she deleted it herself.

either way, she is not on Instagram currently

I imagine she deleted it herself. I never looked but I’m sure she was getting a ton of critical comments which can’t be a lot of fun and I can’t say I like that side of social media. I’m not defending her comments but she was just expressing her opinion and it’s never good if people feel like they can’t express their views without being shouted down, even dumb views (unless they are trying to spread hate).

• I imagine she deleted it herself. I never looked but I’m sure she was getting a ton of critical comments which can’t be a lot of fun and I can’t say I like that side of social media. I’m not defending her comments but she was just expressing her opinion and it’s never good if people feel like they can’t express their views without being shouted down, even dumb views (unless they are trying to spread hate).

I saw the comment section, it was mostly positive or neutral. She deleted the few negative comments there were :down::whistle: ''negative'' is a strong word there, she deleted everyone disagreed with the post basically lol

But her whole instagram is gone, so it looks like it is deleted.

• I don't know what happened, but I hope she learned something from this whole story. She's a human being and mistakes are a part of everyone's life, so I wish her to come back soon and I hope she's will be wise enough to apologize for both the pic and the troll behaviour after her last domestic league match. I'm pretty sure everyone would move on if she does.

It seems all team sports competitions are about to be cancelled, except football: there's a small hope that the ECH will be postponed to 2021 in order to let the domestic leagues be over. FIVB, on the other hand, made it very cleare they won't give on the money from their sponsors for (the useless, who cares about) VNL, so the domestic leagues and the CEV competitions may be sacrified in the process. :thumbdown:

• The picture is indeed gone (I'd like to think she realized her/her team's mistake and took it down out of respect and not because of negative comments) but I can see her profile as usual and it came up when I searched it.Maybe there was a temporary issue that was fixed?

• The picture is indeed gone (I'd like to think she realized her/her team's mistake and took it down out of respect and not because of negative comments) but I can see her profile as usual and it came up when I searched it.Maybe there was a temporary issue that was fixed?

Oh you're right, at this case it's almost very sure she got reported a bunch of times and Instagram gave her a warning and put her page on hold, the page coming back but the photo remained deleted.

They should check Sylla too then :lol:

• It's a good rule of thumb never to ascribe to malice what can be explained by good old-fashioned ignorance. The girls have done an ill-advised, ignorant thing (or several), and they should be criticised, but just as importantly, they should not be hounded or harassed for it.