Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Connection between Gabi and both setters doesn’t seem to be good yet. I don’t think we see her regular swings when attacking and I expect her to better. She doesn’t play bad but it is not there yet. Zehra was really good but she should have gotten more balls in my opinion. Haak still needs time. I expect her to be better. Nothing to say about Meliha and Ebrar. They were simply bad and added nothing to the game. Some users supported Gozde Yilmaz and declared her as good local backup but this is what she does generally when she comes in. She adds nothing to the game against good teams and makes mistakes.

Fener played really good. Naz was outstanding, Robinson and Branicka were both great. I am shocked to see Robinson joining so late to team and getting along already, both volleyball and friendship wise. Eda was good as well. Bahar didn’t make too many mistakes but she is not enough. They need Dicle as soon as possible but who knows how she’ll come back after should injury. Most players seem to struggle after shoulder injuries. Vargas was great a lot of times but made some unforced errors as well.

As it is said before, Both Haak and Vargas would have been better if they were playing for a better NT. They could have gotten more experience and playing times against good teams. And Vargas lost a lot of time during her injury and bureaucracy to be allowed to play after leaving Cuba. You can see the damage in her game, in my opinion that was the reason she couldn’t handle the pressure last year in the play offs and finals of the Turkish Cup. I hope she will be better this year.

• i think that Martinez has been improving a lot in all departments.

Michelle can be used to improve the defensive skills time to time.

Garay as an all around OH and Suellen can surprise us. Martinez its not Like a bad receiver IMO. She isnt that good. In fact, VB shound have hired her o Bethania De La Cruz.

Brayelin is amazing last 2 seasons for sure!! She was amazing in TL in Aydin as well last season but no one helped her hence why they were like 10th.

• Galatasaray has a good team in my opinion but both setters are simply terrible. They should have gotten someone else. Those sets to Anthi and Alesia are too low and not on the spot, they gives them any angle other then hitting straight into the block, you can see how Alesia is unsatisfied with those sets. Except Asli, I don’t think anyone gets their sets.

• Brayelin is amazing last 2 seasons for sure!! She was amazing in TL in Aydin as well last season but no one helped her hence why they were like 10th.

I dont understand how she was not hired for a Turkish team. Even Aydin, Thy or Galatasaray.

• Galatasaray has a good team in my opinion but both setters are simply terrible. They should have gotten someone else. Those sets to Anthi and Alesia are too low and not on the spot, they gives them any angle other then hitting straight into the block, you can see how Alesia is unsatisfied with those sets. Except Asli, I don’t think anyone gets their sets.

Alesia for me its one of the best Opp in the world.

• I dont understand how she was not hired for a Turkish team. Even Aydin, Thy or Galatasaray.

THY wants to be loyal to Havlickova for some reason. Aydin Quickly made a deal with Meryem Boz and there was rumours Brayelin, her sister and Aydin staff had some low-key beef :lol: Olesia Rykhliuk made already a deal with GS when she was still playing with BJK last season. PTT had a deal with Polen (Brayelin is much much better but yea). There was a rumour Brayelin was gonna play for BJK, but the team looked not great so I think it was her choice to play for Praia which will fight for bigger things. Good choice imo, but I hope to see her back in VVSL soon.:saint:

• the Turkish police about foreigner has not been good for the teams and for the players IMO.

Since the Turkish teams have a lot of money, they should have at least the same limitation of foreigners on the bench. The good young players will be forced to find clubs that need good local starters.

• btw Gamze Alikaya is literally the worst nowadays, I'd take any other setter from any middle to low level club over her these days :whistle:

Wut happened...

• Michelle can be used to improve the defensive skills time to time.

Garay as an all around OH and Suellen can surprise us. Martinez its not Like a bad receiver IMO. She isnt that good. In fact, VB shound have hired her o Bethania De La Cruz.

If Brayelin's receiving gets shaky but they refuse to put her as OH, Monique can help with playing as receiving Opp. She plays receiving Opp when Kosheleva was playing for SESC. I think Monique > Michelle.

We shouldn't compare them... Sloëtjes indeed is playing bad lately, but she is 28 and her body isn't helping her. She had a lot of injuries and it seems she is paying the price now. Haak on the other hand is 20 and is very explosive. Sloëtjes overall showed great things in Vakifbank. Haak has to prove she is capable of doing the same thing on this high level. But it's too early to write both of them down already.

Maybe the best way to compare them is by comparing their performances during the same age or timeline in their career. Compare Haak and Sloetjes when they were both 20 years old. Or comparing their training age or international career age.

• Picci played at high level when She had 38years old so age are not so important, but injuries are WAY important for long career.

• the Turkish police about foreigner has not been good for the teams and for the players IMO.

Since the Turkish teams have a lot of money, they should have at least the same limitation of foreigners on the bench. The good young players will be forced to find clubs that need good local starters.

which country has the most number of foreigner allowed on court on their league? Turkey Italy or Brazil?

• Congrats to Fenerbahce, but it is too early to say they will be champions. I don't think their bench is as strong as you guys think. Bahar is failing bad and we know Diclenur is not a solid attacker but a better blocker, while Bahar is a better server. Fatma came in several times for receiving and even stayed in front row, where she did a bad job so she was replaced immediately with Brankica. Vargas hits well but her w-l ratio was -2 this match, which explains a lot about her.

I am curios how Fenerbahce will play against Eczacibasi this weekend. Vakifbank did not create a damage from serve line, GS made a very good job and Eczacibasi looks like a good serving team, while their receiving line is also better than both GS and Vakifbank. I won't be surprised if Eczacibasi wins this one 3-0 too.

For Vakifbank, responsibility is solely on Guidetti's shoulders. Haak had a terrible match, pulling the team down whenever they started to catch up. Ebrar is in terrible form and looks like she has troubles with her attacking approach, now she is very slow and does not contact the ball on right time. This is because her position changed. Now when he needed someone to play opposite, his only option was Gözde who belongs to Division 2, not to VVSL. Looks like the transfer of Bartsch is almost certain, and we might see Ebrar as opposite in playoffs. I mean seriously, who starts the season with only 2 OHs?

For GS, setters are the biggest problems. Cagla is doing fine but Nilay is simply horrible and adds nothing. If youngster Ilkin Aydin returns soon, they can use her as receiving opposite and Vasilantonaki can play as non-receiving OH. This also opens up a spot for a foreign setter. I hope they will consider Tomkom in January and farewell to Nilay. Asli-Guldeniz and Gizem Karadayi are the reasons why they can hold so well against strong opponents so far.

PTT and THY are the biggest dissapointments of the season so far, while Nilufer and Yesilyurt are surprisingly well. This explains how important a trainer is for a team. PTT and THY should search for better trainers before it is too late.

Aydin will move to 2nd place if they win against Besiktas today, go girls!

• which country has the most number of foreigner allowed on court on their league? Turkey Italy or Brazil?

on court -> Italy 4 spots for foreigners

Turkey 3 spots for foreigners on court

Brasil 2 sports for foreigners on court

In Brasil you can hire only 2 foreigners, Turkey you can have 3 foreigners on court plus one in the bench. In italy a dobt know if there is a limitation of foreigners on the bench, seems like they can not hira more than 2 foreigners from the same country.

• on court -> Italy 4 spots for foreigners

Turkey 3 spots for foreigners on court

Brasil 2 sports for foreigners on court

In Brasil you can hire only 2 foreigners, Turkey you can have 3 foreigners on court plus one in the bench. In italy a dobt know if there is a limitation of foreigners on the bench, seems like they can not hira more than 2 foreigners from the same country.

I think that max is 5 or 6 foreign for Italy. 4 on the court.

• I think that max is 5 or 6 foreign for Italy. 4 on the

i didnt know that. So scandicci has Lonneke, Stysiak, Bricio, Milenkovic, Stevanovic, Kakowleska and Adenizia. Adenizia is injured.

• If haak can earn 1 million per season,i think egonu and boskovic can earn 2 million and Zhu can earn 3 million.even 2016 after zhu get world cup and OG mvps,she eraned 1.1 million that year. does haak deserve that price?her ability now even cant catch up with the top three when they were 18 years old

• If haak can earn 1 million per season,i think egonu and boskovic can earn 2 million and Zhu can earn 3 million.even 2016 after zhu get world cup and OG mvps,she eraned 1.1 million that year. does haak deserve that price?her ability now even cant catch up with the top three when they were 18 years old

I don’t believe that amount to be honest and it makes people to judge her more. You all should cool down about the money a bit. Maybe it is for 3 years or something which could make sense.

• I don’t believe that amount to be honest and it makes people to judge her more. You all should cool down about the money a bit. Maybe it is for 3 years or something which could make sense.

No it is real. This also makes her the highest earning Swedish female athlete. 3 years/3 million euros.( maybe Meatballs may share the article again)

The amount of money is so abnormal for someone in her status .It should be discuss more.