2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• What a horrible loss tbh after the 16-6, 23-20 to comeback.

Gio should trust more in Turkish NT players :thumbdown:

I want revenge in semi finals

• Vakif should just be glad to get a point out of this match because they didn’t play well at all and needed Novara to choke just to get 2 sets. I feel bad for Zehra though.

• I feel pity for Vakifbank, they almost completed an epic comeback.

But like I wrote before, it would have been AN UPSET, if Novara had won 3-0. I am sure Novara fans or italian clubs fans almost died during the match...but a match like this deserved a tie-break!

Courtney was the glue of Novara, same role than L. Bosetti in Italian NT, Grothues in the dutch one, etc.

Such an underrated role nowadays...||

• Second lose from Vakifbank against Italian teams this season...

This should end with 3:0,but okej win is win.

Praying for Conegliano and Vakifbank!!! In Semi.

• A couple of observations:

-Novara's girls will be dead on their feet soon, since they play with practically same squad in every game. They are completely dependent on the same 6 players. Granted, the distribution of points is pretty good, but those 6 will have to dig really deep in physical reserves to get through this season if they don't start to win matches in less than 5 sets.

-Meliha is in a criminally bad form all season long. Couple that with the fact that Hande does not see court much (however, she plays rather good most of the time when she is in), and it does not bode well for Turkey for the all-important tourney in January.

-Stefana and Zehra are playing great. Granted, they have some matches where they coast through, but that's the case with practically all MB nowadays.

• I really hope this is indeed not the start of the end of an iconic era of Turkish club volleyball domination like Janko predicted, but the results now kinda remind me of 2009-2011 era when clubs like EczV, FB etc came up strong except this time it's not on their favour but in favour of the Italian clubs... There is obviously still lots of time before drawing conclusions, we still need to see how this tournament will end, you can upset teams 1-2 times but can Conegliano and Novara win when it matters most? Because that's where we can draw conclusions, we'll see. CL is still there too with FB.

We need Queen Zhu to save us next year ;(<3

• I really hope this is indeed not the start of the end of an iconic era of Turkish club volleyball domination like Janko predicted, but the results now kinda remind me of 2009-2011 era when clubs like EczV, FB etc came up strong except this time it's not on their favour but in favour of the Italian clubs... There is obviously still lots of time before drawing conclusions, we still need to see how this tournament will end, you can upset teams 1-2 times but can Conegliano and Novara win when it matters most? Because that's where we can draw conclusions, we'll see. CL is still there too with FB.

Esp. since I hate the direction this country is going I hope at least women's volleyball will stay strong if not on top (the girls are imo such an amazing inspiration and role model for women AND men all around the country) but imo if they fail over and over, they would not slow down but rather be in crisis with the amount of money they spend.

Zhu,Yuan and Ding. I find only vakif now have decent mbs,vitra doesnt need gibby,they need Yuan.Block and attacking,

• Zhu,Yuan and Ding. I find only vakif now have decent mbs,vitra doesnt need gibby,they need Yuan.Block and attacking,

I would LOVE that trio in Turkey <3 Yuan's screams would fit amazingly with Ebrar, Zehra and Cansu. And Ding Xia is the most underrated setter in the world, she is my favorite currently

• To all turkish fans and users, has Turkish volleyball federation ever created a 1st division/league team where the only players are turkish youngsters pretty much like Club Italia of Italy?

Yes TVF, but not on high level, basically 2nd/3rd tier youth players or flops were there. I don't even know if they exist anymore.

BJK has played with only locals a few times too, even this season but not the best players imo now. In the past they had Eda f.e. even I do think a real Club Italia like team is necessary

• Tianjin looking strong and they’re not even using Zhu too much so far.