EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• Egonu with 61% of efficiency and 11 points.

It has been a while she hasnt got such a high efficiency. So far, she has been a shadow of herself. Let's see if she can keep it up

After two sets against Crotia She was around 80%. At least at ECH She is showing herself.

• Elena Pietrini, what a spike from her:super::super::sos:

• Arina is not playing good at all, this is her one of the worst performance for NT. From reception to low attacking %. I mean her team players are not helping her at all but still.

• Players who are contendere for the awards.

I know it is to early but still :S

Best Libero: De Gennaro (without any doubt, She doesn’t have rival )

Best OH1/2: Elena Pietrini

Best OPP/MVP: Egonu (If Italy won it best OPP Boskovic, if it is opposite Egonu because other one is gone get MVP award)

I agree with Moki and Elena. They have been really solid through all the competition. Specially Pientri, which numbers are really regular.

But to be honest, Egonu is way far from her standards. All this summer with Nt she hasnt performed as we know. Check her numbers, there have been sets where her efficiency has been negative. Sure, the competition isnt yet over, Paola could still pull a monster performance today and in the SF and gold/bronze medal match. But I strongly believe that NOW, her performance here doesnt deserve an award.

• I don’t see why she is still on court.

Because the only chance for Russia is their best player to wake up, taking her off would be a walkover for Italy regardless.

Pietrini is the MVP of the summer so far for Italy, we'll see in next two games if she's finally taken it to the level everyone predicted her once.

• OTOH we have Lazareva, personaly nothing against her ofc, but she really doesn't look like top top level prospect (if she can be named as one with 24). I still want to give her a chance, but she probably will be satanized by fans and it seems like Fenerabhce won’t get much out of her game. It is still an enigma which players received an offer after Egonu, but if it was Egonu and then Lazareva, it is really for the immediate dismissal of Terzic and everyone from Fenerbahce who wondered about that decision.

There is also Ana Christina, which also seems like a good prospect...but not a good player to put next to Arina. The transfers this year remind me of how Eczacibasi used to do transfers, a bunch of random good and good-ish players without a plan. It's also said that Vargas might return, once again, still will leave issues though and rise up even more questions...

For now I'd go with Arina-Ana Christina-Meliha on court and Popovic as well tbh. That leaves no big role for Lazareva I'm aware... Idk she seems the type that would enjoy a fun year-trip to Istanbul and being well paid anyway :rolll: and who knows some fire might come up

• I agree with Moki and Elena. They have been really solid through all the competition. Specially Pientri, which numbers are really regular.

But to be honest, Egonu is way far from her standards. All this summer with Nt she hasnt performed as we know. Check her numbers, there have been sets where her efficiency has been negative. Sure, the competition isnt yet over, Paola could still pull a monster performance today and in the SF and gold/bronze medal match. But I strongly believe that NOW, her performance here doesnt deserve an award.

But it is going to be between Ebrar-Boskovic-Egonu. If Serbia won gold, Boskovic won MVP and it is between Egonu/Ebrar. Egonu is still performing better.

Sorry Turkish fans I forgot about situation if Turkey won gold :gone:

• Italy is completly destroying Russia in every part of the game. Even I didn’t except this :sos:

• Italian MBs are touching everything

• OTOH we have Lazareva, personaly nothing against her ofc, but she really doesn't look like top top level prospect (if she can be named as one with 24). I still want to give her a chance, but she probably will be satanized by fans and it seems like Fenerabhce won’t get much out of her game. It is still an enigma which players received an offer after Egonu, but if it was Egonu and then Lazareva, it is really for the immediate dismissal of Terzic and everyone from Fenerbahce who wondered about that decision.

Lazareva has already received a lot of hate from Fenerbahce fans even when she hasnt yet played a single match wearing the Yellow Angels shirt. It is a pity she has received so many insults even before arriving. If there is someone who should receive the critics (not insults of course) is Fenerbahce administration of tecnical staff.

We all know it would be very difficult Lazareva performs at the expectation of the fans.

• Two takes on the game: sliding attacks by Russia are like cotton balls and the narrator is legit lame really:lol:

• Okay, so this is how Italy in shape looks like, great that they used Nations League Olympic Games to get in shape for a major tournament like Olympic GamesEuropean Championship. :rose:

But what are Olympics ?! Game or ?

• Okay, so this is how Italy in shape looks like, great that they used Nations League Olympic Games to get in shape for a major tournament like Olympic GamesEuropean Championship. :rose:

That is what came to my mind while watching them. Mazzanti might have seen that Malinov wasnt enough and the team play better with Orro.