2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• much thanks!

• I don't know Mazzanti, but Terzic seems like a guy that would never admit that he's wrong... He's going to send U13 to the next VNL

• bugs-bunny-bunny.gif

China, Italy, and Serbia in 2022: "We decided to send mixed/young roster to VNL because we want to better prepare for WCH"

well, better than finding 5 more injured players to accompany Zhu Ting and Yan Ni in the starting lineup. :whistle:

ironically Zhu actually should skip VNL. But Li and Zhang should play most of it. Yao Di and bring a new setter in too.

• well, better than finding 5 more injured players to accompany Zhu Ting and Yan Ni in the starting lineup. :whistle:

ironically Zhu actually should skip VNL. But Li and Zhang should play most of it. Yao Di and bring a new setter in too.

Would be good to test out some new wing spikers while at it.

If Zhu's state is going to be fluctuating from now on they need to find better bench options than Liu XT and Liu YH. I don't think the latter will return to the NT. They should try to find a true opposite instead of moving an OH there.

• Would be good to test out some new wing spikers while at it.

If Zhu's state is going to be fluctuating from now on they need to find better bench options than Liu XT and Liu YH. I don't think the latter will return to the NT. They should try to find a true opposite instead of moving an OH there.

there was that young girl from Tianjin (Wang Yizhu) who was a promising opposite, then they taught her how to receive and moved her to outside :wall:

I think Zhu will be back to her normal self after she gets proper treatment. In any case outsides are the least of China's concerns and the glaring gap in the middle, setter, and opposites are just like :what:

• So sorry for Paola and all her family :( I read her post in IG and was short, but touching. Some days ago, when the preliminary round was still being played, I read on Pasini blog (in the comments section), that Paola was off cuz of family reasons. I didnt share it here cuz other users replied there that these were just rumours.

• I hope she was able to have some final words with him before his passing. It must've been difficult for her to be physically playing here at the Olympics knowing her grandfather was back home ill. Wish her and her family strength during this time. <3

• sorry for Paola's loss. May her father rest in peace.

on the gold medal match, the absence of Tandara has been a hard punch on Brazil's camp. Luckily for them, Rosamaria has shown consistency and determination to be a starter.

Very sad for Tandara having to fly back home without any further clarification on her case.

• One thing that I hope comes from this Olympics…. Is the re-realization of the importance of a really good libero

like how many teams shelve out money for the big pin and the liberos are meh.

Brait, Malova, JWO, Castillo, De Gennaro, Kobata, someone else I’m probably forgetting

• I would like to sue the person who scheduled last 2 matches at 3 am and 7 am:sos::sos: Probably going to miss both of them :( I hope there won't be any caos and it will be boring matches(sorry guys:rolll:)

Ouch! :lol:

For my time zone (GMT-3), I was pretty happy with the schedule. I was afraid the golden match would take place some time later, and I would have to risk sleeping between the matches. I was freaked out about this possibility because it happened in 2008. I stayed up late to watch the bronze medal match (CHN x CUB) and went to sleep, hoping I'd wake up in time to watch the gold. But I was so tired that I overslept and ended up losing the opportunity of watching Brazil win their 1st gold medal live. :aww:

• Ouch! :lol:

For my time zone (GMT-3), I was pretty happy with the schedule. I was afraid the golden match would take place some time later, and I would have to risk sleeping between the matches. I was freaked out about this possibility because it happened in 2008. I stayed up late to watch the bronze medal match (CHN x CUB) and went to sleep, hoping I'd wake up in time to watch the gold. But I was so tired that I overslept and ended up losing the opportunity of watching Brazil win their 1st gold medal live. :aww:

I was thinking the same thing but Korea vs Serbia isn't worth the risk (again sorry guys:mirror:). Hopefully will be awake to watch the finale.

• I would like to sue the person who scheduled last 2 matches at 3 am and 7 am:sos::sos: Probably going to miss both of them :( I hope there won't be any caos and it will be boring matches(sorry guys:rolll:)

My sympathies, but this whole summr was 3:00am for me and now I get the last two at 5:00pm and 9:30pm