2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I might be the only one, but I think USA is the heavy favorite at this point. I love Boskovic, but Serbia has a lot of issues in their game as well atm with her getting support when needed, Brazil is epic and I can see them give a hard fight to whoever it is that meets with them but once again there are a lot of cracks as well, I love KYK and would love for her to get gold, that would actually make the entire forum euphorius I'm sure, but some of Korea's players really aren't always performing the highest level. Meanwhile USA has been like an oiled machine for years now and it feels like it's time.

I can't complain tbh, and a good way to shush those people that claim tournaments like VNL are of no importance. Statistics are statistics and they say the more you play the better you get if you are fit, it can to a degree really be simplified to that. Also teams like Brazil and Korea in the finals also again proves the same thing as well as the generally good performances of Russia and Turkey. Just looking at Korea's game, they get better with each match each tournament, not playing those matches means simply delaying that scrappiness towards matches that matter...

• To be honest, I strongly believe that if Turkey had faced Serbia or Brazil in the QFs, they would have performed much better than what we saw yesterday against South Korea. This is one of the reasons why I call them the Dominican Republic from Europe: they play according to the rival, and usally, when they arent the heavy favourites, they play better.

It's painfully accurate ;( they even lost to DOM in VNL lmao sister nations i guess

• To be honest, I strongly believe that if Turkey had faced Serbia or Brazil in the QFs, they would have performed much better than what we saw yesterday against South Korea. This is one of the reasons why I call them the Dominican Republic from Europe: they play according to the rival, and usally, when they arent the heavy favourites, they play better.

Oh please. Brazil would probably win by 3x0 against Turkey.

But we will never know, right?

• After what Russia did this OG you're really that heartbroken? You guys were amazing!

Yes. Because Russia performing amazing gave us ideas of a gold medal🥇:lol:

• Just in case, the schedule has just been confirmed. All in Japan time (GMT +9)

- USA x Serbia 13:00

- Brazil x South Korea 21:00

• Oh God, please give kyk just 1 medal...

She worked so hard for more than 10 years in NT.

There were so many hardships in her volleyball life, iand it is her last competition she would participate in the name of Korea.

Her loyalty to NT is absolutely astonishing, and her last dream is to win a medal in olympics.

Please give her 1 medal...please...;(

• I think this was Gabi's best match in her career. And also Rosamaria had her most important match ever.

• I didn't expect Busato to do wonders, but damn that 15:9 lead at the 2nd set was a total choking moment for them.

The only lost that I'm really sad for today was Turkey's. For the reasons that:

1. It is not expected, plus I really have high hopes for the team (with their performance against CHN)

2. Guidetti pulled off a KK.

• maybe KYK can handdle Brazil... i dont know. I think Tandara will do better agaisnt Korea

• Match replay i found it. English commentary!

• Oh please. Brazil would probably win by 3x0 against Turkey.

Doubttt it, they haven't lost a single match in a sweep this tournament and the match vs Korea they were good minus Seyma lmao, but I'd say Brazil wins ofc they are much better at the end of the day. It's just true that Turkey seems to play up and down based on opponent and moment.

Brazillians don't make me hope for humble pie pls :D

• Oh please. Brazil would probably win by 3x0 against Turkey.

Oh please, read again. Where did I write that it would have been an easy match for Turkey or if they would have won?

I clearly wrote: Turkey would have performed better. Just that. Performed better = playing better, less stupid mistakes, less tension and pressure, etc. Playing better doesnt mean cleary winning. It could have been a 3x0 for Brazil, of course, but according to what I have seen from Turkey in the last years, for me they would have played much better than against South Korea.

In the ECH they struggled a lot against Finland and Croatia, against Serbia in the final, despite of they lost and they were not favs, they played one of their best matches.

• I want Brazil to finish with a medal. This team deserves not come back empty hands.

• Doubttt it, they haven't lost a single match in a sweep this tournament and the match vs Korea they were good minus Seyma lmao, but I'd say Brazil wins ofc they are much better at the end of the day. It's just true that Turkey seems to play up and down based on opponent and moment.

Brazillians don't make me hope for humble pie pls :D

I've humble all the time here, honey. Now that I'm on the semifinals I get to be happy. Or not???

• So Korea was the only team to make an upset in QF.

Fe Garay / Gabi duo is amazing.