2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• Oh no come on Argentina, do a Brazil and make a comeback :super:

• Phewww Argentina! Come back completed! But to be honest, there were no need at all to leave one point.
    They should root for Russia today.

• Same on the women's side, men's vball is also a hot mess albeit just slightly :lol:

• With the win by Argentina, I think they would most likely get a slot over France already. France still has ROC and Brazil, but well it's Olympics so anything can happen.

Argentina had two bad news today: losing a point to Tunisia and Brazil beating USA.

Now Brazil has nothing to play for vs France. They can't get 1st (since ROC has to play Tunisia) but they also can't drop to 4th anymore since either Argentina or USA will inevitably finish with 2-3 record. And being 2nd or 3rd is the same because of the stupid draw.

Of course, France beating ROC would change these calculations...

• Of course, France beating ROC would change these calculations...

I just can't see that France has the offense to overcome the Russian block based on how both teams are playing but maybe France will prove us wrong.. Brizard definitely will need to start else it will be a field day for Russian OHs going over Toniutti and the Russians will surely capitalize this

• Argentina is just a mess, seriously. I still don't know what Mendez has brought to this team so far. It all comes down to the level of the players eventually.

• Can anyone explain why Kovar sometimes comes in to sub for Zaytsev. How does it work in a tactical standpoint?

• Can anyone explain why Kovar sometimes comes in to sub for Zaytsev. How does it work in a tactical standpoint?

I was wondering the same. I think it's because Zaytsev is on zone 4 and can't spike properly from there (?) so Kovar enters and Michieletto spikes from zone 2.

He comes in to help with the block when the team is in rotation 1 and in set 1 he even stayed in to help the side out.

IMO it's unnecessary since Zaytsev is alright from 4 anyway.

• Piano & Vettori on court together 🥰

I shiiiiiip :heart:

• It is a stupid substitution. No need to create any explanation

Ahhhh.... ok. I was just curious.

• Of course, France beating ROC would change these calculations...

Assuming that ROC will beat Tunisia brazil doesnt have a chance to take the first even if Russia loses today. Brazil lost a point to Argentina. They cant reach Russian's number of points.