COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Source links are fine, but dissing of fellow members and political pissing matches will be discouraged. I will, however, leave the comment #464 because it's imaginative and even a bit funny. Try to cut down on such posts in the future though, akiyaLai.:)

As an new admin, I hope you won't base your judgement principally on "imagination' and on "funniness". You should instead asking is this comment political or/and is this comment attacking politically other users. If the answer is "YES" then you should delete this comment and other similar comments as well. If you wish, I can also make a ton and ton of imaginative and funny political comments too.

• Only 3.089 new cases in Italy it looks like situation is getting better. Finally :heart:

• Only 3.089 new cases in Italy it looks like situation is getting better. Finally :heart:

I still believe Italy... maybe the world needs to extend the lockdowns.

The richer countries also have to support the poorer ones to create a global quarantine effect.

It only takes one infection to spread the disease so either they will remain apathetic by locking their borders and wait for the world to flatten the curve or they help one another to simultaneously reach the apex of the pandemic.

Too bad the world has no leaders to inspire us to reach to this conclusion. We only respond to calls for war but the pandemic is all about being on your own.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Have anyone read or heard that the so-called vaping pneumonia phenomenon in the USA last year could probably related to coronavirus?

It actually checks all the boxes except for the infectiousness and the virus itself but it were all dismissed as being linked to vaping.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Turkey announced lockdown in metropolitan municipalities for the next 48 hours last evening, it covers only the weekend. Considering nice weather over the weekend, decision is correct but it was announced only a few hours before lockdown comes into effect. Many people went out to markets, shops and there were huge crowds in front of shops, buying food in bulk. People were fighting on the streets.

If those people were not infected by now, they were infected just last night.

I know there are people living in desperate condition and I don’t intend to criticize them but I saw many videos where people buying many bags of chips, coke, candies etc. it is just two days. Does a bag of chips worth more than your life?

• I don't know why Turkey didn't made lock down way, way before. Turkey is becoming new Italy and Spain. They are growing faster than Italy and Germany..

Stay safe !!!!

I was asking many times why they didn't put such a big town as Istanbul in quarantine when they did have over 5k cases in total and today it will be over 50k... Huge numbers, wrong moves by government and as you said if they didn't got COVID yet, they got it yesterday.

• The only difference between situation about corona in Italy, Spain and Turkey is number of deaths, after all that is the most important thing about this whole tragedy (and because of that this is the tragedy). On ~50k cases Spain have ~3,500 deaths, Italy on same number of cases have ~4,000, and Turkey which is now on that number of cases (~50,000) and have ~1,000 deaths, ofc someone can say but Turkey announces fakes numbers, but TBH i strongly dont believe in conspiracy theories (except if there is a serious argument or/and evidence for this), one more important thing is that my comparision isn't full of significant, becuase there are no global standardisation about testing on coronavirus and number of cases depends on lot of things by country, but that is ilustrative exampe that guessing and opting for Turkey to become the new Spain and Italy does not even make sense, and there is no particular need for it. Comments on how handle the situation right now but prediction without any expert point of view and explained, just base on numbers and because it looks to someone like that is inappropriate IMO. No offense

Situation in Belgium is even worse right now, small country with not so numerous population but high death rate sadly so far, I hope and believe that world will not have any new Spain and Italy.

• The only difference between situation about corona in Italy, Spain and Turkey is number of deaths, after all that is the most important thing about this whole tragedy (and because of that this is the tragedy). On ~50k cases Spain have ~3,500 deaths, Italy on same number of cases have ~4,000, and Turkey which is now on that number of cases (~50,000) and have ~1,000 deaths, ofc someone can say but Turkey announces fakes numbers, but TBH i strongly dont believe in conspiracy theories (except if there is a serious argument or/and evidence for this), one more important thing is that my comparision isn't full of significant, becuase there are no global standardisation about testing on coronavirus and number of cases depends on lot of things by country, but that is ilustrative exampe that guessing and opting for Turkey to become the new Spain and Italy does not even make sense, and there is no particular need for it. Comments on how handle the situation right now but prediction without any expert point of view and explained, just base on numbers and because it looks to someone like that is inappropriate IMO. No offense

Situation in Belgium is even worse right now, small country with not so numerous population but high death rate sadly so far, I hope and believe that world will not have any new Spain and Italy.

There are some reasons about why death numbers in Turkey is less

-The number of ICU units per population is world number 1 in Turkey.

-Turkish doctors are super get used to deal with huge numbers of patients. It's weird but average ER application was 120, it's 50 now.

-Best testing is PCR but efficiency is 60%. Treatment starts in Turkey when CT scanning is matched with covid-19. Pills and treatment are free.

*I was very optimistic till yesterday night. Last minute curfew call created huge panic. Stupid people and more stupid officials.

*People were following social distancing rules, numbers were increasing linearly, not exponentially. Yesterday, fucked it all. We didn't need curfew for 2 days.

• First time in Croatia more cured people than new cases. 39 new, 91 cured, 0 death. And number would be even lower if We didn't had new cases in nursing homes in last 2 days but even that is under control.

Be SAVE world, watch for yourself ! :heart:

• BAD NEWS:

In South Korea it's reported that many people got the virus a 'second' time and more precisely: that the virus can possibly 'reactivate' itself.

Early on there were some rumours which were backed up actually by certain scientists, that COVID-19 shares similarity with AIDS in its phenotype... We couldn't imagine that becoming a reality...

As if this wasn't scary enough.

• Well this ruins all the hopes for herd immunity. If you can't get immune and get re-infected, the plans to loosen lockdowns would fail

• Yeah what is it point of World stopping if this virus is coming back ?

So everyone will get it.

• Well this ruins all the hopes for herd immunity. If you can't get immune and get re-infected, the plans to loosen lockdowns would fail

Yea, South Korea reported they will immediately investigate this, we should know more soon and confirmation about it. Don't expect good news.

Yeah what is it point of World stopping if this virus is coming back ?

So everyone will get it.

You realize if this ends up being confirmed (which it likely will) and you do nothing about it millions, maybe 100s of millions of people will die right? And people would keep dying yearly until a vaccine is found. You and I aren't safe either or our relatives/friends.

• And people will die because they will not have food, no jobs, no money, no nothing until We get vaccine.

How much World economy can hundle this ? Not for so long.