2020/2021 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• They say the word "saudade" is not translatable to any other language, but homesickness makes sense :lol:

• Bruno always returns to play at home after the OG. Not sure if he had in mind that the games would be postponed before signing with Taubaté :lol: But he's already won everything in Italy (and the world) anyway, he probably feels accomplished.

• Bruno always returns to play at home after the OG. Not sure if he had in mind that the games would be postponed before signing with Taubaté :lol: But he's already won everything in Italy (and the world) anyway, he probably feels accomplished.

Bruno is one of the most decorated male setters in the world - having win Best Setter is almost all major tournament. Is this true? And who is his female counterpart in this?

Bruno - Giannelli - Christenson are my golden triangle of men’s setter. Any suggestion on who I should watch other than these three?

• Bruno is one of the most decorated male setters in the world - having win Best Setter is almost all major tournament. Is this true? And who is his female counterpart in this.

Yep. Just check his Wikipedia page. He's only missing a best setter award from the Champions League and the WCH (with the NT) I think.

• I personally believe De Cecco is a downgrade for Lube, I don’t think they will be able to have the chemistry they need with him.

I thought Leal in Lube was done deal, where is he going?

Anyone is a downgrade from the best setter in the world.

Name an objectively all-around better setter they could have hired that isn't already in the top 4 italian clubs.

• Bruno is one of the most decorated male setters in the world - having win Best Setter is almost all major tournament. Is this true? And who is his female counterpart in this?

Bruno - Giannelli - Christenson are my golden triangle of men’s setter. Any suggestion on who I should watch other than these three?

If we are talking about individual awards I would probably say Fofão or Fernanda Venturini. I'm not sure about number of titles, but probably Fofão.

• Bruno is one of the most decorated male setters in the world - having win Best Setter is almost all major tournament. Is this true? And who is his female counterpart in this?

Depends on whether you mean by level or club level? NT probably Fofao or Takeshita, club level Lo Bianco or Naz

• Fafao won CL and many best setter awards in Europe with Perugia.

The female counterpart of Bruno is Fafao(NT and club). Venturini is my best ever setter but she never played in golden days of Italian League.

Naz is 3 times best setter of cl and 4 times cl winner, and has been playing cl final fours 10 times in a row. She has more decorated cv than Fofao at club level

• Argentina league still getting looted. The next season is basically a youth league because clubs can't pay experienced players anymore (currency devaluation + coronavirus).

Uriarte (S) and Ramos (MB) to Narbonne, Alexis Gonzalez (L) to Montpellier. Also Matias Sanchez (S) moves from Brazil to Tourcoing.

And there is still more exodus to come in following weeks...

• A pos 4 in superlega is more valuable than a 2 unless it's Zaytsev. Playing alongside Juantorena could traumatize Yant so in my opinion, an experienced player would be a better option if they ever lose Leal.

I doubt Juantorena is leaving Italy before the olympics.

Russia's coronavirus situation is also unfolding. There could be problems like long flights and staying at different hotels every match. It's going to be a perfect contagion to contract the disease. I think a lot of players will eventually rethink on playing in Russia even with a higher wage because of the uncertainties they could face if they remove the movement restrictions.

Probably Uros will not go to China. He waiting for an offer from Modena. If he does not get a satisfactory offer(Modena will be the most injured coronavirus pandemic) it he also has offers from the Russian and Polisch league. https://twitter.com/MTrabski/status/1252176180024754179

This could turn bad for Modena. Kovacevic probably have the worst lows and extreme highs in volleyball. He's never consistent and I really doubt Christenson could bring the best in him like Giannelli did with him. His history of injuries can also be daunting during an important moment like the knock out round.

I'm sad about this because Stijn complimented Bruno as his back-up.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney