Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• Yes but I'm sure egonu would shine in any decade

But this last decade volleyball just lost the amount of elite players,before we had at least 10 amazing players per position,now we have only 3

yes Egonu will be incredible even back then but since these days there are only Egonu-Boskovoc-ZhuTing-Haak she is apprently head above the other competition

• Totally disagree. Just look at video you will not see any player as Egonu. Gamova had heigh but She was not even close to Egonu jumping skils.

And I think there is many that “kind” of players this days. Boskovic, Zhu, Haak, Stysiak...

How come Zhu is same kind of player with Egonu? Are you refering their salaries?:aww:

I agree that this decade we don'T have much competition at Opp position. Previously there were 10+ top opps that could carry a team to next level whereas nowadays only top Opp that everyone would agree on are Egonu, Haak and Boskoviç. Rest would be second tier

• Busto is gone play frendly match against Zhu club if I get it right ?:what::what::what:

• Busto is gone play frendly match against Zhu club if I get it right ?:what::what::what:

They gonna have a cooperation with tianjin for many years ...but it isn't going to be for now,I imagine they gonna have friendly matches before start of the season which is good for both

• So they have signed some partnership where they can exchanging players. What means Busto literally can bring Zhu Ting or other players for next year CL or Busto loaned their players for WCCH. :what::what:

• So they have signed some partnership where they can exchanging players. What means Busto literally can bring Zhu Ting or other players for next year CL or Busto loaned their players for WCCH. :what::what:

For the NT players they need the permission of the federation

• cassalmagiore have time till next week to play against chieri for the qf,if they don't play,they gonna be eliminated

Difficult because in last results covid cases increased in casalmagiore

Imo even without covid we already knew the result but I hope it doesn't affect no one in the future specially savino,busto,monza,novara,imoco,chieri

Want to watch some good matches

• Today we have the first match of qualification to QF

Cuneo x perugia

In theory cuneo must win but this team since she came to A1 used to win from big teama like Savino and Monza but lose to the teams below them so it gonna be a good game.

Perugia has grown with Mazzanti and Havelkova is doing an amazing job lately

• Perugia won 3-1

It was expected,cuneo is strong but use to struggle with teams close or below their level

Also perugia olayed at home and raise level with mazzanti

I hope they can force an extra game

• today another 8th finals matchds

Bergamo vs savino

Well in theory savino must win but they are always messy and struggling ti weak teams,also bergamo play well against them and imo they can get it to 5 and even win if savino isn't focused,if not savino must win 3-0 or lose a set

Firenze vs trento

The most equal bracket

Trento just came to A1 and did good,they could even finish 7 but covid,injuries gome

Unfortunately they can't count on captain and one if best team,mb fondriest

On the other hand Firenze that was a flop,good names but Mencarelli never achieved to make the team play,lif they want to save this awful season,they must advance to QF

• scandicci crushed bergamo

Besides the 3 set they smashed bergamo like we normqlly expect from them

Firenze won from trento 3-1

An interesting match,really tied and for moments I see the firenze that I expect from them but only for some minuts

• Sylvia Nwakalor again with 58% in attack :super::what:

• piani also did a good job with 50% in attack and she's the only opp in the league that make a fast attack

Really versatile

• Nwakalor this season (among starters on opposite position):

- 2nd opposite in a league in points per set (4,99; ex aequo with Mingardi)

- 2nd opposite in a league in spike percentage (43,5%; 3rd-best is Stysiak with 42,5%)

- 3rd opposite in a league in spike efficiency (26,4%; 2nd-best is Van Hecke with 27,2%)

In all of those categories first is Egonu (5,55 points per set, 58,4% spike percentage and 41,4% spike efficiency. So in summary, Nwakalor is 2nd-best opposite in a league spiking-wise.

Nwakalor is also the last starting opposite in a league in number of serves per set, so she definitely needs to work on that, but in summary she's among very best opposites in a league this season. It seems that she's gonna single handedly push her team to QF of a league, so there's nothing wrong with her team results as well. I'm just curious when she'll get a chance to play for a team that contends for some serious results.

It will be some crazy idea, and I'm not saying that Nwakalor should think about it, but if Turkish top clubs are really interested in Lazareva, Tandara, Stysiak or Rosamaria, they should be interested in Nwakalor as well. I know that Nwakalor is really inexperienced as a leader, but she also has world-class potential in her. Her contract with Firenze is expiring and top clubs (Scandicci, Novara, Monza, Busto and Conegliano) have already opposites assigned for next season. Obviously, I think Nwakalor should stay in Italy, maybe she'll stay in Firenze, but she's up-and-coming star and among top teams only Chieri theoretically has a spot to offer her a contract in Italy.

• beatrice berti probably going to trento

Also jasper gonna continue in Italy in another club

Nicoletti,botezat won't continue at brescia

https://www.volleynews.it/beat…in-partenza-anche-jasper/

Good to hear Jasper will probably stay in Italy ^^ She really suprised me this season and was actually the most stable players for Brescia! Hope she signs for a lower ranked team like Cuneo, Perugia or Trentino. Than she will be a strater and can continue her development! I also wouldn't be suprised if she signed with Firenze, looking at their recent history with Dutch players.

• Good to hear Jasper will probably stay in Italy ^^ She really suprised me this season and was actually the most stable players for Brescia! Hope she signs for a lower ranked team like Cuneo, Perugia or Trentino. Than she will be a strater and can continue her development! I also wouldn't be suprised if she signed with Firenze, looking at their recent history with Dutch players.

Just noticed Marrit Jasper liked everything on Instagram about Monza winning the CEV Cup🙈 Could there be a possibility she signed with Monza?:/