South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• Lee Soyoung's transfer came as a surprise to me, i always think she is the "face" of Kixx, and she wouldnt move.

What if Kang Sohwi moves out too...? Now i would think Kixx would do all they can to make KSH stay.

• KGC signed LEE So-Young

Oh my

• With Lee Soyoung transfer, Kang sohwi is likely to stay.

Im not familiar with KGC players except Diou and NT members. Is there any local players (OH, OPP) who stand out there?

Ko Eui Jeong have strong serve, but the receive is rather weak.

Jung Ho Young the tall young player (190cm) but suffer ACL at the first game this season, she move position to center, largely because her receive is lacking.

I think KGC is last place in financial power, so it become difficult for them to attract star player, so LSY willingness to join them hopefully can change the team image in the future.

• It seems like the rules regarding the re-signing of foreign players might have changed. Previously, after playing for two seasons a foreign player who wished to play for another season must go into the draft lottery draws again. This means that any of the six teams could select them. However, from reading some of the articles that out today about LSY transfer to KGC, I am now getting the impression that KGC can re-sign Diouf again before the draft lottery draws.

• Oh i see.. Well, they spent a lot to sign LSY. If they can re-sign Diouf, better prospect for them next season. Last season they rely too much on Diouf

• Thanks for the info.

Anyone knows how this Coach Seo was when he coached KGC and Hipass?

I don't know much about Seo Nam-Won time at Hi-pass besides them winning the regular league in 2014-2015 and eventually losing the championship series to IBK Altos 3-0.

His time in charge at KGC was about so-so. KGC only made it to the postseason playoffs just once. He did however have better results during KOVO Cup where KGC was the runner-up in 2016 and the champion in 2018.

FYI, he was the one responsible that changes HAN Soo-Ji position from a setter to an opposite hitter and then to a middle blocker.

• I don't know much about Seo Nam-Won time at Hi-pass besides them winning the regular league in 2014-2015 and eventually losing the championship series to IBK Altos 3-0.

His time in charge at KGC was about so-so. KGC only made it to the postseason playoffs just once. He did however have better results during KOVO Cup where KGC was the runner-up in 2016 and the champion in 2018.

FYI, he was the one responsible that changes HAN Soo-Ji position from a setter to an opposite hitter and then to a middle blocker.

I hope the new IBK's coach will play Kim Heejin as opposite hitter and hire powerful foreign outside hitter like Lazareva. Their main libero is not bad too

• I hope the new IBK's coach will play Kim Heejin as opposite hitter and hire powerful foreign outside hitter like Lazareva. Their main libero is not bad too

I think many of Kim Heejin's fans would like that to happen too. I miss seeing Kim Heejin and Kim Suji side by side on the front court.

Maybe they can groom Choi Gaeun (the rookie MB), i remember she played some matches early in the season, she isn't too bad. I hope she gets more play time.

• I think many of Kim Heejin's fans would like that to happen too. I miss seeing Kim Heejin and Kim Suji side by side on the front court.

Maybe they can groom Choi Gaeun (the rookie MB), i remember she played some matches early in the season, she isn't too bad. I hope she gets more play time.

Yeah it's frustrating to watch actually. It's like wasting her talent. She shine the most playing as opposite. They should pair junior player with Suji as MB.

• It seems like the rules regarding the re-signing of foreign players might have changed. Previously, after playing for two seasons a foreign player who wished to play for another season must go into the draft lottery draws again. This means that any of the six teams could select them. However, from reading some of the articles that out today about LSY transfer to KGC, I am now getting the impression that KGC can re-sign Diouf again before the draft lottery draws.

Yes, I believe there is no longer a year limit in terms of foreign players renewing their contract. It's just that their salary will be capped from the second year, so a player like Diouf will earn the same in her 3rd year (or 10th year) as she did in her 2nd year (if the rules stay the same of course). That's also a strong incentive to bail out after two years IMO.

• I wonder who KGC will protect and who GS Caltex will pick.

I imagine KGC's list would be intuitively something like:

Lee So-young, Yeum Hye-seon, Oh Ji-young, Han Song-yi, Park Eun-jin, Jeong Ho-young.

But then, you would expose Lee Sun-woo, a 184 cm promising OH who can do damage in V-League for years to come with your young core of players.

I would much rather protect Lee Sun-woo and expose Oh Ji-young. With Han Da-hye already and a couple of young liberos in the pipeline, would GS Caltex even have a use for an older, more expensive player like OJY?

Even if Oh gets picked, you can run with Noh Ran, draft a libero and/or sign a cheap backup (à la Han Ji-hyun or Do Soo-bin). With the OH surplus at KGC, Chae Seon-ah can also go the Shin Yeon-gyeon route and turn into a libero.

• now i wonder about Pink Spiders... if they managed to convince KYK to stay. If not, they'll probably be the weakest team in the league.

PS rarely update about the team on their social media. I dont think KYK will stay tho. Im hoping for them to get LSY before. But since LSY already off the market, they should at least get a decent local spikers to pair with their import. Kim Miyoun is ok for defense but attacking is so so.

In which area do u think they should improve?

• So PS is gonna re-sign Kim Mi Yeon (?). Other option is to sign Choi Eun Ji or Ha HyeJin... or trade players....

If KYK doesn't stay, PS is really the weakest team....

In which area do u think they should improve?

The 2 liberos are not bad... MBs are also fine...

So a setter, and good OP foreigner.... and an OH...