South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• 2021 Taebaeksan Cup National Boys Girls Middle High Volleyball Tournament

(2021 태백산배 전국 남.녀 중.고 배구대회)

Results

Knockout Stage Schedule

• Jungang vs Hanbom for final eh,

A few player from Jungang HS might get drafted i think. Certainly their MB (Lee YeDam) with 187cm size and quick feet can play as setter too, daughter of former national player. Everything check the box.

Their libero is the best one i seen from this tournament. (She’s Park Hyeon Ju little sister).

as for Hanbom the only one catch my eyes is their setter.

Mokpo WS (no.4) probably gonna get drafted too, 180cm with power spike and powerful spike serve.

To bad Daegu HS play really bad this tournament, cant even pass the group stage.

• is the white team supposed to be good? why it feels like 1 sided game to me? (or it just me lol)

but the libero doing better than the opposite libero(she flying here and there), it will be better if their receive not so shaky.

and the MB is that number 12?

i notice most of their offence only from 11 and 12

i hope the libero get drafted, she remind me of KimYeonGyeon from Hyundai

• Red team is advancing to finals without losing a set, i think they are the tallest team. Their play based on good defense, the main setter no.3 only play on 1 set i didnt know why.
    but yeah as you can see its quite onesided.

Hanbom play collectively better.

• 2021 Taebaeksan Cup National Boys Girls Middle High Volleyball Tournament

(2021 태백산배 전국 남.녀 중.고 배구대회)

Results

• Pepper Savings Bank has appointed KIM Hyung-Sil as their first head coach. For those who don't know, KHS was the head coach of the South Korean Women's NT during the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Sources: 1, 2, 3

The list for Foreign Players Draft has been released by KOVO (link down below in sources). A total of 44 players including Kelsie Pa

For the draft, Pepper Savings Bank will be given the first priority pick whilst the order of the picks for the remain six teams will be decided via a lottery draw. Hyundai E&C (6th) will get 30 beads, KGC Ginseng (5th) will get 26 beads, Korea Expressway Hi-pass (4th) will get 22 beads, IBK Altos (3rd) will get 18 beads, Heungkuk (2nd) will get 14 beads, and GS Caltex (1st) will get 10 beads.

Sources: 1, 2

• Can't wait how they build the team and who they pick from other team. i think most player can't relax until they finish picking up players from 6 team. But is it enough to only have 12 players to start new season? I suddenly think that PS will give up one of their libero, it feels like it's already in their plan. If not then they might have 1 of the libero play like JuHa in hyundai, to strengthen their defense.

• Wow Kim Hyung Sil still active in coaching

• Lol. They picked a dinosaur to inaugurate a new team... Volleyball has changed so much, guy already seemed past his prime in 2012 let alone 2021.

When will we get to see innovators in V-League? Someone who understands modern volleyball? I want to see some movement, some fast paced action, tactics that fully make use of all 4 attacking options, more pipe and back row attacks not only and exclusively by the mercenary, more attacks through the middle with MBs that move their feet, instead of just sending every ball to position 4 or the foreign gal to solve.

A fluid, dynamic volleyball that we see with the National team instead of the static and repetitive stuff we so often see in V-League matches.

Let's be honest here, who thought a Lazareva vs Diouf solo ball game was fun to watch this year. I can certainly admire the skills, but I want to watch volleyball, not hero ball.

• Maybe use a foreign coach like Korean air Jumbo. If you see the emoticon part of the article many expressed their disappointment (angry icon), i know its not a valid way to measure.

i read a lot of korean comment that Kovo need to change, a lot of fossil need to be replaced.

i just curios what “development fee” of 2 Billions Won gonna be used.

Because the amateur league is struggling, the High school play level is keep dropping every year. If you watch this year HS tournament it’s definitely a level below from 2-3 years ago.

there is an article today but its to long to summarize lol, maybe someone with more better korean can explain it

• It's very bad. The top-down system, the way it is constituted right now will kill Korean volleyball. Female volleyball is popular in Korea, beating even male baseball in the ratings, and there is a lot of $$ involved. However, we have a situation where on top of the pyramid, the likes of Lee So-young and Yang Hyo-jin are paid more than EGONU, while the amateur level is starving. More redistribution, please!

The first thing they need above all is a true second division league. A minor league where KOVO teams can send and recall players at all times during the year. It is absolutely mindblowing that you draft some 18-year-old kids and let them rot on the bench for a year! They are at the age where they should be playing as many games as possible. It is a crucial time for their development and I don't think just practicing and cameoing in a handful of matches is very good for them.

If they're not ready to step into the big league, let them play and dominate at a slightly lower level. It also creates more opportunities for volleyball players in general. Fill the second division with rookies and the Kim Ju-has of this world. You give some experience to the youngsters to get them ready for the big league, while also giving a chance for an older player to continue her professional career. Work hard and you'll have the opportunity to climb up into the first division.

Right now, there are only 7 professional volleyball teams. If I'm a teenager who tries multiple sports, why would I risk it by putting all my efforts into a sport where there are only so few spots at the top and nothing for me if I don't make it pro?

I'm not very familiar with Korean high school volleyball, but I was baffled to see that a player like Choi Jeong-min had a "receive exemption" when she played there. Maybe if you're a 198cm attacking monster, I could understand, but why would the 179cm Choi Jeong-mins and the Jeong Ji-yuns not be out there throwing their body around, eating hundreds and thousands of serves in-game to prepare them for the pros?

Why make them learn on the job when they should have done that for years in high school. Choi Jeong-min won't have a Park Ji-woo to bail her out in V-League. High school should be a development league. For your short-term team results, you're creating a colony of future Park Jeong-ahs... Even worse, a colony of sub-180cm Park Jeong-ahs that are not tall enough to be effective MB yet can't receive well enough to be OH...

• Couldn't agree more👍 and they have so called best rookie every year but rarely play them during matches. Everything need to change lol starting with the management. If they have money, why not go big and hire foreign coach. Leave the korean style volleyball behind and start playing european style. At this point i dont see v-league is superior than Japan/Chinese league. I started watching vleague last season but already can tell the difference. Popularity is there but level is not on par. I wonder if they will able to produce the next KYK

• Korean coaches need to understand that development is a long-term process; but they tend to take shortcuts by solely relying on the players' natural talent and passion. They can't even hone young bloods "from zero to hero".

As a Hi-Pass fan, I was really disappointed when Lee Won Jeong got traded before the season. IMO, she had so much potential (it's just she's crumbling at crunch time :D); but that potential got wasted in exchange for "experience". How would you expect these young talents to improve if they were being kept on the bench.

If Korea wants to stay or go beyond to where it is right now (FIVB ranking wise), they should start the development at the grassroots level. They'll also need an "innovator" who would bring modern volleyball to them. It's already 2021 but they're still playing old school volleyball.

Success isn't achieved overnight. ;)

• Korean coaches need to understand that development is a long-term process; but they tend to take shortcuts by solely relying on the players' natural talent and passion. They can't even hone young bloods "from zero to hero".

As a Hi-Pass fan, I was really disappointed when Lee Won Jeong got traded before the season. IMO, she had so much potential (it's just she's crumbling at crunch time :D); but that potential got wasted in exchange for "experience". How would you expect these young talents to improve if they were being kept on the bench.

If Korea wants to stay or go beyond to where it is right now (FIVB ranking wise), they should start the development at the grassroots level. They'll also need an "innovator" who would bring modern volleyball to them. It's already 2021 but they're still playing old school volleyball.

Success isn't achieved overnight. ;)

From the way I see it Lee Won Jeong's potential > Lee Go Eun... But hey at least she won the treble with GS Caltex.

But yes, young talents do need more chances to play. I think the reason why Lee So Young left as well was to give the younger players (like her no 1 fan Park Hae Min) more opportunities as well --- it's really sad to see her leave-- but she had to do what she had to do.

Unfortunately S.Korea volleyball has an "instant gratification" culture so many young talents even IBK's Choi Jeong-min could only come on when Anna was hurt in that one game.

• I think Lee Do Hee (ex Hillstate's coach) had the luckiest "eye" in picking rookies each season... There are now 4 of her picks are called for NT: Kim Ju Hyang (2 yrs in Hillstate then trade for Go Ye Rim), Jung Ji Yun, Lee Da Hyeon, and Kim Da In....

And in 20/21 the libero/pinch server Ha Mi Reu was the only other rookie that get voted in Best Rookie Award....

PSB should sign her for their coach...

• Maybe because she work as a commentator before? Seeing from outside the court can bring a different point of view.

And she the fact she willing give chance to Kim Da In and risk losing her job by being bottom place (well she did lol), to bad the executive dont have the patient to do rebuilding.