South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• Kbs N just signed new broadcasting deal with KOVO for 30 Billions won (5 years).

When Vleague started Kovo had to beg mbc,kbs,sbs to broadcast them.

what interesting is there is a contract for overseas streaming rights, hopefully we can easily access them next season (without VPN).

for anyone interested tomorrow morning will be the start of Jeong Hyang Nuri Bae (technically today but its mens game)

first game is Ilshin vs Mokpo,

It would be ilshin first competition this year

• Tomorrow morning will be the final of Jeonghyang Nuri Bae, its Ilsin HS Vs Hanbom HS.

I think at least 3 player from this match will be picked at rookie draft.

Ilshin captain and ace (no.13 Park Eun Soo) look really good, power spike and serve, good defense too.

• heungkuk announced today, instead of 30th June that they will include LDY and LJY on their player list.

most likely LJY will return to vleague, and LDY transfer to greece as planned.

https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/421/0005433172

Hopefully there'll be no more plot twist to this whole story.

When KYK announced her return to Korea last year, everyone thought that Heungkuk would dominate the domestic league and Korea would be able to bring their strongest team in years to the Olympics. KYK's chance at an Olympics medal was gonna be higher than ever. What a cruel twist of fate! 😞

• Hopefully there'll be no more plot twist to this whole story.

When KYK announced her return to Korea last year, everyone thought that Heungkuk would dominate the domestic league and Korea would be able to bring their strongest team in years to the Olympics. KYK's chance at an Olympics medal was gonna be higher than ever. What a cruel twist of fate! 😞

KYK back to Heungkuk is because the contract is unfinished, not that she want to create a “super” team. Insert KYK to any Vleague pretty sure they gonna be title contender lol.

Blame Heungkuk for their greed.

to take a positive note from these, the younger generation wouldn’t have to experience this kind of behavior from their senior anymore, in which overall would result more kids willing to play sports.

• KYK back to Heungkuk is because the contract is unfinished, not that she want to create a “super” team. Insert KYK to any Vleague pretty sure they gonna be title contender lol.

Blame Heungkuk for their greed.

to take a positive note from these, the younger generation wouldn’t have to experience this kind of behavior from their senior anymore, in which overall would result more kids willing to play sports.

I'm curious though, why "blame heungguk"?

If I'm not mistaken, they signed the twins before they even knew Kim would return.

Everyone in the league expected the twins to sign to the same club when they became Free Agents, since they've mentioned wanting to play together again. Dayeong either going over to Pink Spiders or staying at Hillstate were the two expected outcomes.

Only afterwards did Kim reveal her intention to return to Korea v-league to play (covid, preparation for olympics, cancelled leagues, salary negotiation, etc, many factors) and like you said, she had no choice but to play at Heungguk if so.

Any club would have loved to have her on their team, and she was even willing to take a pay cut to play.

No team would turn away and say no to Kim, they would've have received even more hate lol

I still think Kim shouldn't have accepted a pay cut, and just played overseas - not that its her fault at all or anything.

But it would've been better for her, her fans, and also more fair for v-league as well. KOVO finals loss aside, Pink Spiders literally dominated close to every game they played.

The whole purpose of a salary cap in a league is to have a fair playing ground. While it's an unselfish move to take a pay cut, it's kinda cheating the whole purpose of a salary cap system.

edit: But yes, fully agree that it's a good opportunity for Korea to fix their system. It's just questionable how lazy they are to only do so when such huge issues arises. They know they have issues in schools, military, sports, national teams (and honestly, their whole culture), but they don't do anything about it unless it becomes an uproar in the news.

• What i mean is not the super team, rather the contract dispute back in the day, so KYK have to finish the rest of contract there.

i still think player contract in Korea is weird and too onesided in favor of the club.

If team have to submit 12-18 player in 30th June, im curios how about Pepper? They only have 8 player

• What i mean is not the super team, rather the contract dispute back in the day, so KYK have to finish the rest of contract there.

i still think player contract in Korea is weird and too onesided in favor of the club.

Ah okay yes, I fully agree. The past system was really ridiculous, thank goodness FIVB stepped in.

I think the current system of being able to play overseas as long as you voluntarily withdraw (but needing to complete your contract with the local club if you return to local league) is much better - though can be improved.

Recently KVA introduced a change to contracts that states a player will no longer be tied to their club if they voluntarily withdraw for 3 years or more. But the ridiculous thing about that is - military enlistment, playing overseas, and playing in unemployment (amateur?) clubs is not included in those 3 years.

What athlete will still be able to return to a league if they have not played for 3 whole years...? I don't understand the purpose of this change.

If team have to submit 12-18 player in 30th June, im curios how about Pepper? They only have 8 player

GS has 5 and Pink Spiders has 4 liberos right now lol. I'm waiting to see if Pepper will trade a draft pick for any of those liberos.

I'm sure PS and GS especially needs to clear some space in their salary cap too lol

• heungkuk announced today, instead of 30th June that they will include LDY and LJY on their player list.

most likely LJY will return to vleague, and LDY transfer to greece as planned.

https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/421/0005433172

hmm i read somewhere that this might not mean their indefinite suspension has ended, cause their legal case is still ongoing.

Since registering them on the roster doesn't equal to end of suspension.

Meaning its possible that Jaeyeong is on the roster, but doesn't play immediately.

But since registering her means taking up their salary cap, perhaps they're confident that the legal process is going well and they will eventually play her once results are out.

edit: yup Pink Spiders confirmed that they are only registering the twins on their player roster (since otherwise the twins will become free agents), their indefinite suspension has not been lifted yet

• If LDY does end up going to Greece, it will be on a loan contract.

https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/076/0003746768

(For anyone who doesn't know, this means that the time LDY plays in the Greece league will be counted towards the remaining two years of her contract with Heungkuk.)

Now I'm interested to know if Heungkuk will let KYK transfer to Shanghai on loan as well, or they'll just continue to be greedy and try to keep her on their team.

ETA: The article also says that the twins tried to contact the victims after the scandal broke out but it wasn't possible, so they decided to file a lawsuit so that the victims can be identified through legal procedures. (At the time, it was reported that some allegations were not true.)

The police has now identified the victims and things are under investigation.

• https://worldofvolley.com/late…-to-play-next-season.html

The head of the Incheon club said that he managed to persuade KOVO to register the twin sisters for the 2021/22 season. He also added that Lee Jae-Yeong will play for the Pink Spiders, while Lee Da-Yeong got permission to compete abroad – most likely in Greece’s P.A.O.K.

• That was what I originally thought when Pink Spiders said they'll support her transfer overseas, but based on this article it seems PS is still deciding if they will loan her or have her voluntary withdraw (my guess is that it could perhaps be monetary concerns, not sure how loans affects salary cap for clubs)

They have full intention to send her overseas regardless though. Few reasons could be - bad reputation following her now, protecting her mental state due to hate she will receive if she plays locally, DY already shared her desire to play overseas when she signed FA with Pink Spiders (could be a part of their agreement)

As for KYK it's already confirmed that she will have to voluntary withdraw to play in Shanghai.

I don't have the link anymore, but PS said that because they intended to re-contract with Kim for next season, but since she didn't want to, she'll have to voluntarily withdraw to go overseas.

Regarding this my thoughts are quite mixed, I mean, no club would want to send away a player who's talented enough to play overseas
    (except DY's case which is... complicated, or could've been an agreement before she signed FA with them)

If it were any other player, returning to your original club after playing overseas would've have no issue (and it also protects the right of the club to keep players they've signed contracts with), but with all the bad blood between KYK and PS, its no wonder why fans are hating that PS refuses to send her on loan.

But I honestly think, any club who has a contract with Kim would have done the same, none of them will want to let such a star player play for another team instead when she returns from overseas if they had the choice. Nothing for the club to gain from loaning a player overseas either.

• This article states that Pink Spiders may not intend to play Jaeyeong within this year.

Quote from article

But, from what I've heard, it doesn't look like Heungkuk Life will play at least within this year. (GTranslate)

Since they're still indefinitely suspended and pending investigation results.

Could be earlier if the results are positive - like Park Sangha who has already returned & will play next season.

We'll just have to wait & see I guess

• Choi SuBin back to IBK

https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/450/0000075520

IBK have so many left 🤪

According to google translate, this player is strong in defense, maybe they needed someone to come in to help with defense. IBK has only 2 liberos now. I get nervy everytime i see Pyo Seungju on court doing the receiving :white: