CEV Champions League 2021

• The results are important. There are 2 pools. The Top 4 ranked No.1 teams go into one pool. The 5th ranked No.1 team goes together with 3 qualified No.2 teams into the other pool. So the 5th ranked No.1 team will for sure play against one of the other No.1 teams.

Even if CEV change the rules due to COVID pandemic, the overall ranking of the 8 qualified teams will play a role.

Oh thank you for this info :)

• So in this case Ecz still needs to fight for more points.

• I'd rather Moscow not qualify to next round tbh, as they have pretty slim chance anyway to progress further. Players will have more rest and less of a chance for Goncha to be injured as Russia NT is already de-powered as it is how much more w/o her.

• So in this case Ecz still needs to fight for more points.

Actually true, Conegliano, Vakif and Novara/Chemik (even 3-2 win to both side is enough) is safe in that regard, at least Scandicci will be worse 1st placed team, so maybe i was wrong with my guess about Eczacibasi squad tommorow.

• So this is the ranking for second spot (6-8 spot) as of today. The only thing busto can make it is for mascow to lose against vitra in 3-0/3-1 even lods has a chance.

Yes, you can see this second place list at the bottom live updated after every match here:

https://www.livescore.in/de/ta…p/xIkuceqS/#table/overall

• From my personal view the pool A duel of Busto Arsizio vs. Schwerin has features of a win-win: either my (this season not very well overall performing) favourite Italian club wins and may proceed to the quarters, or Schwerin may proceed instead and saving important CL points for the German league ;). But of course it is possible, that both miss the quarters, if Moscow and/or Lodz step in.

• Do we know how they will match the teams for QF?

Best four 1st placed go to a pool and worst 1 with other seconds go to another pool

Then it gonna be a draw to make the pairs

• So Hande lost her starting spot to Saliha... Its worrying how bad she is playing lately. Some people say she needs to leave Eczacı and play full time but she is playing as a starter since beginning of season. Thats not the problem.

• i really don't understand how bad the russian teams play in inernational games the last years.No good setters,no good reception,no creativity.And they don't want to invest in foreigner players and coaches.Once upon a time they used to be in top....

Besides that, their current local players (mostly) are not the best of Europe. I mean, Russian generations' 84-85, 86-87, 90-91, 92-93, 94-95, 96-97 weren't as good as Kosheleva's category or Gamova's category... always in the bottom and not even qualifying to tournaments. Now that shows the results in NT and clubs. As you said if they at least had creativity or a fast game we could see something better...