2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• If Vargas will come on court it will be the battle of the two oldest players of the tournament...

Vargas played the 1998 WCH in Japan :what::!::white:

• Carol Gattaz with 2 monster blocks

• Seeing Carol Gattaz and Macris playing together in the NT is just too much for a Minas fan like me. How I wish Thaisa was there too

• Russia played the last sets like yesterday's game. Some subs also jeopardized the team, Malygina isn't NT material and Gorbunova should've just joined the U20 team, not the senior team.

Koroleva and Fetisova need to show a high level in the next games. Goncharova may rest.

Those statements could've been reasonable if Turkey and Poland hadn't had struggles with Serbia and Italy's C teams :gone:

C team? Who would be in their B team then?

• C team? Who would be in their B team then?

Probably people usually use C team, for third best lineup, not literally a third team of 14 players and in case of Serbia on some positions (such as setter, opp, l) this is even literally C team, ofc with players which pretend for the A team in the future.

• Koroleva and Fetisova need to show a high level in the next games. Goncharova may rest.

Those statements could've been reasonable if Turkey and Poland hadn't had struggles with Serbia and Italy's C teams :gone:

Since Malygina and Brovkina are a big disappointment so far, Koroleva and Fetisova will have to play this entire tournament if Russia wishes to be competitive, if God forbid one of the starting middles are injured, Busato is the one to blame due to his poor MB selection coming into this VNL

• Genuine question: do they even have young talents?

Well, they have Yonkaira Peña, Brayelin Martinez (who also can play as OPP, thats why I dont understand Mambru presence there) + Vielka Peralta and Natalia Martinez. They are still raw, but they do need more time on court. There are few few matches where the young dominicans could play, even in VNL or in Pan American competitions, when there is no need.

• Well, they have Yonkaira Peña, Brayelin Martinez (who also can play as OPP, thats why I dont understand Mambru presence there) + Vielka Peralta and Natalia Martinez. They are still raw, but they do need more time on court. There are few few matches where the young dominicans could play, even in VNL or in Pan American competitions, when there is no need.

Peralta and N. Martinez I agree, but Brayelin shouldn't be labeled mainly as a young talent at this point -- she's already been playing consistently in the NT for years now, she probably just has some sort of injury that's keeping out her this week. Also Peña is already 28 and never really made any impact whatsoever, so yeah...

• Oh lots of combinations in Brazil formation. Lorenne, Sheila and Roberta on court

• lol at players doing the floor cleaning

• Peralta and N. Martinez I agree, but Brayelin shouldn't be labeled mainly as a young talent at this point -- she's already been playing consistently in the NT for years now, she probably just has some sort of injury that's keeping out her this week. Also Peña is already 28 and never really made any impact whatsoever, so yeah...

Thats what I meant. Mambru shouldnt be anymore in the NT. I do think her cycle has already ended there. So, Martinez could be the second OPP/3rd OH, which will let a spot free for either Natalia/Vielka, who could play against Canada, SK, Thailand, and so on. But now, Kwiek keep playing in almost the same starting six of 10 years ago.

Domincan Rep Start six in WGP 2010-2011-2012:

Marte/Echenique - DLC

Rivera - Cabral

Valdez - Eve

Castillo

• Yeah, I definitely agree with you there. At least Gaila, Brayelin and Jineiry are young enough I guess?

Also, what happened to that girl who did well in an U18 tournament years ago? Guillen?