Turkey NT 2021

• Only 15 girls? :what: could it be? I tought all the girls from the main group would be playing VNL (so also Tutku, Buse, Yasemin and Saliha, which seem to be the cut ones)

• Only 15 girls? :what: could it be? I tought all the girls from the main group would be playing VNL (so also Tutku, Buse, Yasemin and Saliha, which seem to be the cut ones)

China's list only has 13, I wouldn't be surprised.

• I wanted to see Derya and Ilkin, I think Turkey will flop this VNL and Olympics if they can't manage to incorporate one a good new OH, we will just lack at some point...

• I wanted to see Derya and Ilkin, I think Turkey will flop this VNL and Olympics if they can't manage to incorporate one a good new OH, we will just lack at some point...

I wish there would be Derya and Ilkin, but otherwise we don't have only four players who can play as OH. Ebrar can also play well this position. I remember many matches that Ebrar change her position and save the match.

• Shall we interpret bringing main players to VNL as Gui is not satisfied with the form of players? He usually gave some time off or some slow time to some players, I think this summer it is not the case. I believe giving success of Turkish team is based on team work, he knows he has to work on it which will take some time after 1,5 years of break.

• I'm disappointed about the absence of Saliha. Absence of tutku and buse is not an issue since it was obvious that they won't get the Olympic spot. It is also not realistic to imagine Yasemin challenging Kübra and Aslı for 3rd MB position. On the other hand our OH position is the weakest one. Besides Meliha and Hands, other two spots are open. Saliha could shine spending a summer under Guidetti. First absence of Derya and İlkin. Now excluding Saliha😤 I hope guidetti is not putting his emotions again into his decisions.

Having such a weak line up at OH position and still not inviting Neriman?😤

• Akif Üstündağ said TRT will stream VNL.

• I saw a tweet saying Zehra has some kind of muscle injury and will miss VNL. Anyone know something about that?

Read the same thing in Turkish forums. It says she will miss the entire VNL. She has a muscle tear in her foot they said.

Guidetti explained in his last interview why the squad is 15 and why there is a 2nd group training. Basically he acknowledges that you are only allowed to have 14 players in VNL squad and it will be a waste to take girls there and let them sit outside the court. His intention is to prepare the team for olympics and use same squad who played in olympics qualification. With that, some main players did not have a good season in Turkish league like Hande, Cansu Özbay, even Meliha. So I guess he wants to focus on them during VNL.

He also mentioned that second group was generated with the idea that promising young players, especially Ilkin, Derya, Elif and Buket can train during summer. If he did not feel obliged to keep the same squad for olympics, I am sure he would include at least Ilkin & Derya to NT this summer already. We might see one or two of them in ECH though.

• Read the same thing in Turkish forums. It says she will miss the entire VNL. She has a muscle tear in her foot they said.

Guidetti explained in his last interview why the squad is 15 and why there is a 2nd group training. Basically he acknowledges that you are only allowed to have 14 players in VNL squad and it will be a waste to take girls there and let them sit outside the court. His intention is to prepare the team for olympics and use same squad who played in olympics qualification. With that, some main players did not have a good season in Turkish league like Hande, Cansu Özbay, even Meliha. So I guess he wants to focus on them during VNL.

He also mentioned that second group was generated with the idea that promising young players, especially Ilkin, Derya, Elif and Buket can train during summer. If he did not feel obliged to keep the same squad for olympics, I am sure he would include at least Ilkin & Derya to NT this summer already. We might see one or two of them in ECH though.

I hope she will recover fast and be at the top of performance in Tokyo.

I think Kübra and Aslı should play the most of the matches. So that Gui can decide which one he will take to OG. I hope he will give some chances to Yasemin as well.

I think 2nd group will be part of next OG cycle. At least some of them. Derya and İlkin should be tested in ECH for sure.

According to latest photos Tutku and Saliha got cut. It is media day today and they arent with team

• Read the same thing in Turkish forums. It says she will miss the entire VNL. She has a muscle tear in her foot they said.

why does he feel obliged to use the same roster playing qualifications. It has been such a long time ago, now he should have taken the best players that would contribute to the team most. NT selection should be all merit based:down:

I also wanna see Yasemin.

And Hande didn't just have a so-so season, she did terribly. If she doesn't pull through during VNL they should let her take a breather.