Turkey NT 2021

• I believe she is playing as OPP in Japan for years now

I didnt Know that.

• asli have been good in league since so many years

I loved her in gala

But it doesn't mean she has a secure spot because we know many cases where players do good at league but in NT just

• asli have been good in league since so many years

I loved her in gala

But it doesn't mean she has a secure spot because we know many cases where players do good at league but in NT just

Of course there's no guarantee that she will show the same performance in OG but it is at least an indicator. At the end it is the same ball they are playing, right?:lol:

• I didnt Know that.

Neriman plays OP in Japan like Brankica did, not like Drews or Keti. With Toyota Neriman lined up across from the setter but took most of her swings from the left side or back court. Pick any game from then and look at it. She took more swings from back court alone last year than every MB took swings at all, except Sinéad. Why not call back court her position? :)

With NEC she lines up across from Sarina Koga because NEC has OPs. Toyota didn't. She's lined up a couple times with NEC across from the setter but ... NEC has issues. In this scenario she is OP as much as Koga is: when in Rome, so to speak.

Neriman can kill the ball from anywhere, with that slingshot swing of hers, but attacking from the right side of the court is what she does the least and is the least effective at. She doesn't participate in reception.

• Of course there's no guarantee that she will show the same performance in OG but it is at least an indicator. At the end it is the same ball they are playing, right?:lol:

Just look at joycinha,mingardi,guerra,nicoletti,etc,etc...

League only serves to get you a call to NT

• Is there any possibility for Neriman to be invited by Guidetti? Do you guys really think her chances to come back are below zero?

I personally think that one of weakest link of Turkey NT, aside a regular OPP, is the second OH. From all the available OHs, the only one who I consider above the average is Hande. She has improved way a lot in the last years, she has earned her spot in the starting six as well as being the best OH in Turkey nowadays. Sure, she isnt still an elite player in her position, but it is undenieble her great development. The other OHs are many steps behind her, some of them with not a proper level for a team which is aiming a medal in Tokyo.

Not counting Hande, the other only OH above the average is Neriman.

• I meant this. She plays as OPP or non receiving OH.

Ah - [Edit] OPs receive in Japan. Sorry I missed the cross cultural intent :drink:

Another thing to consider about Neriman -- if it's really a possible consideration that she could play with Turkey NT, something I've been longing to see -- is that, in Japan anyway, she's a great blocker and that's usually why she rotates to the right side. Left side against Drews, right side against Plummer. Neriman also has decent recovery from attack if she needs to do self block coverage. Little things add up

Outside of Gui issues does Neriman pal around with the other Turkish players? Do they have a mutual fondness for one another, share insta-stories, or is she an outlier to them?

• i think that she doest play as Opp. Just a Non receive OH than what its not fit in Turkish NT

• i think that she doest play as Opp. Just a Non receive OH than what its not fit in Turkish NT

Her reception is not great but comparable to Hande. Indeed Neriman and Hande have very similar styles. Both are very explosive, weaker at reception but good blockers. Neriman is still at her prime and she has a lot to offer. I respect Gui a lot but this kind of egocentric decisions are childish.

• Her reception is not great but comparable to Hande. Indeed Neriman and Hande have very similar styles. Both are very explosive, weaker at reception but good blockers. Neriman is still at her prime and she has a lot to offer. I respect Gui a lot but this kind of egocentric decisions are childish.

Hande is a way better recceiver now.

• I respect Gui a lot but this kind of egocentric decisions are childish.

This is why I'm curious about Neriman's relationship with the other players. Do you think they would have any input?

• What is the beef between them?

• This is why I'm curious about Neriman's relationship with the other players. Do you think they would have any input?

I dont remember any issues with other team members, she is a very likable person.

• What happened with Cebecioglu and Demirel? They both impressed me a lot in the last U20 WC. The second one is so tall and had good blocking.

• What happened with Cebecioglu and Demirel? They both impressed me a lot in the last U20 WC. The second one is so tall and had good blocking.

Cebecioglu is starter in one of the good teams of the league Sistem9 Yesilyurt with Romanian youngster Alexia Caratasu, she is doing good, aside from reception usually.

Demirel is also in this club, but she isn't starter bcs the other youngster Ilayda Ucak from the same generation is doing better/more athletic atm while Demirel seems super clumsy and is used as a blocking substitute or serving sub mostly. My favorite from the same gen is Hanife Ozaydinli actually XD and she just went to THY as she got benched in Karayollari.

I think they are all still too young to draw conclusions but most seem promising, Derya Cebecioglu and Ilayda Ucak could be getting a VNL ticket most probably (if it happpens)

• A documentary about Gözde's journey. She has been a legendary player and captain. One of the unique players that appears once in a generation.

• A documentary about Gözde's journey. She has been a legendary player and captain. One of the unique players that appears once in a generation.

I love how much Vakıf value Gözde. Unlike other club's do :( Especially Eczacıbaşı I think they are really bad at this. I mean Neslihan carried them on her own for years they didn't do such thing for her. This is very important for clubs IMO

• I love how much Vakıf value Gözde. Unlike other club's do :( Especially Eczacıbaşı I think they are really bad at this. I mean Neslihan carried them on her own for years they didn't do such thing for her. This is very important for clubs IMO

Well Neslihan played at both Vakifbank and Eczacıbasi for 6 seasons, and Vakıf also didn't do such thing for her.

I think Gozde's case is so unique. There's no other players in turkey who started and finished volleyball at the same club:white: