Turkey NT 2021

• I cant wait for post OG with new faces. Especially our OHs.Derya-Saliha-ilkin even Tuğba are the future. Buse is doing very good whenever she gets a chance. We might say goodbye to Naz after Tokyo. Love her tho.

I dont know whats wrong with Aslı. She looks like a ghost. I wonder if Gui already told her she isnt going to Tokyo. Kübra isnt very impressive either. Thank god we have Eda and Zehra. Hopefully Zehra will be fully recovered by Tokyo and at the top of her game.

No word for Hande-Meliha-Meryem :down::whistle:

Do we think Gui will more chances to newcomers now? Or will he dare to take one to OG? I wanna see some Derya action as well.

• I cant wait for post OG with new faces. Especially our OHs.Derya-Saliha-ilkin even Tuğba are the future. Buse is doing very good whenever she gets a chance. We might say goodbye to Naz after Tokyo. Love her tho.

I dont know whats wrong with Aslı. She looks like a ghost. I wonder if Gui already told her she isnt going to Tokyo. Kübra isnt very impressive either. Thank god we have Eda and Zehra. Hopefully Zehra will be fully recovered by Tokyo and at the top of her game.

No word for Hande-Meliha-Meryem :down::whistle:

Do we think Gui will more chances to newcomers now? Or will he dare to take one to OG? I wanna see some Derya action as well.

at this point any of these OHs would be more useful as opp than meryem as backup opp

• Derya should be 2nd Opp imo but sadly I doubt it will happen :( (too late) today was her last chance and Gio didn't even put her in the list.

And then Hande-Ilkin-Tugba-Meliha probably I don't care if Seyma or Meliha make it.

Buse has a small chance as well, very small.

• Boz will/would be another tough one to let go. I adore her, but there was ONE play today where Buse (I believe) set her two in a row and I feared a third might follow

• Boz will/would be another tough one to let go. I adore her, but there was ONE play today where Buse (I believe) set her two in a row and I feared a third might follow

Boz is one of my favorite players for her continuous hard work, no hate to her at all but she is indeed lacking and is 33 now and it won't go up from here I'm afraid. She is just not delivering rn and I don't see the fire in her eyes anymore.

• Isn’t Vargas going?

She has to wait 2 years (since she got the citizenship) to play for NT (assuming that she wants to play for Turkey and that Guidetti will call her)

• I completely agree about the new comers and finally my Ilkin proved who she is!

To be honest, Meryem is pretty useless as 2nd opposite, I would love it if Derya was given a chance there. I don't think Derya will work as an OH unfortunately at the NT since her receiving is the worst among the 3 new comers and even Ilkin struggled a lot yesterday with receiving.

I hope Ilkin will keep getting changes in the finals now and Guidetti won't leave her out of squad. She waited outside 2 matches this round already and this was the first time she was in squad. I am surprised though that Guidetti preferred her instead of Saliha who has more experience with the NT.

About Asli, I really like her but she won't work in the NT. She actually does not work as well in THY either, she was way better in her GS times. I guess that is because she does not work well in different systems, especially in Guidetti's system, which most likely favors taller MBs.

So far, Meliha and Cansu are really big dissapointments, followed by Meryem, Simge and Hande. I can't find any excuse for Cansu, she has enough experience at the NT and in this level, if she will go on like this, I would like to see Buse, Buket and Elif being tried in the NT after olympics. Meliha is a mess, she only had solid receiving but even in that element she is shaky now. Hande has ups and downs, I hope she will find a good momentum eventually.

Simge is having a weird period, but I am not surprised. She is the only libero in the team and there is noone who can challenge her. It was the same with OHs but now with this trio joining, I hope they will feel some fire under their butts. With Simge, there is no hope. If I were Guidetti, I would invite Gizem Guresen, just to challenge Simge after VNL, during training camp.

Against USA, my dream 6 is:

Buse-Ebrar

Hande-Ilkin

Eda-Zehra

Simge (Seyma)

• 3rd MB and OHs are confusing me more than ever in this VNL. Although I think we will end up with Kubra, Hande, Meliha, Seyma and Tugba in OG

Edit: if Simge was playing good we could give up Seyma for Ilkin, but right now I am worried. I know one match doesn't say enough but I see Simge really off. I hope she gets back on track.

The real problem Turkey has is that if both OHs stop functioning at the same time it's a nightmare.

I am also surprised Guidetti hasn't yet tried Ebrar as OH but Meryem isn't probably in the shape to be an attacking weapon so that they could give up a bit of reception.

• If i were gui i would cut seyma (sorry 😊) and take ilkin, and in the worst cause put meliha as libero ,anyway she's ghost in attack

• 3rd MB and OHs are confusing me more than ever in this VNL. Although I think we will end up with Kubra, Hande, Meliha, Seyma and Tugba in OG

Edit: if Simge was playing good we could give up Seyma for Ilkin, but right now I am worried. I know one match doesn't say enough but I see Simge really off. I hope she gets back on track.

The real problem Turkey has is that if both OHs stop functioning at the same time it's a nightmare.

I am also surprised Guidetti hasn't yet tried Ebrar as OH but Meryem isn't probably in the shape to be an attacking weapon so that they could give up a bit of reception.

Please no more Ebrar as OH experiments. She is literally the best Opp of this tournament, what's the point of changing her position while we don't have a good backup Opp. Considering simge's bad shape, i wouldn't mind to keep Şeyma indeed. I think slot in question is indeed Tugba's. I think İlkin deserves more although Tuğba also showed good performances overall whenever she played so I wouldn't riot if she would take the spot.

For ECH, gui should give up on Şeyma since we will have a backup libero anyways and he should get 3 out of Tuğba, Saliha, İlkin and Derya.

• Very cool! I like the autenticy of it