Turkey NT 2021

• Naz and Cansu confirmed then probably. I really doubt Unal will beat out Cansu

Yea as much as I love Buse, it would also be a bad choice. She has potential but Cansu right now has the best connection out of the two with the starters, esp. the middles (logical Unal barely any time with them) which will be important. After OG I wouldn't be surprised if she is starter in NT even but not yet I guess.

• Anyone want to say anythingabout game? Share thoughts?

No?

Okey:rolll::rolll:

Let's just say that I personally choose to remember only that very aggressive hug from Ebrar to Gio at some point during set 2:whistle:

• I just want the Olympic roster at this point ndjkfjsdkfjnk and waiting for Japan game if it will be an indicator of it...

I don’t think he will chance it though. Newcomers were brought a little too late to show themselves. It is kind of understandable since all Turkish players underperformed this season except Ebrar and he wanted them to gain rhythm. Maybe for ECH he might give chance to Ilkin, Derya etc.

• I don’t think he will chance it though. Newcomers were brought a little too late to show themselves. It is kind of understandable since all Turkish players underperformed this season except Ebrar and he wanted them to gain rhythm. Maybe for ECH he might give chance to Ilkin, Derya etc.

I'm afraid that they might try to go full power in ECH. Probably teams who will play in OG won't send their best players to ECH. That is a big opportunity to get the title. But I would be afraid of those girls health. Especially Eda if she play ECH

• I am not hopeful at all about Turkey's olympic goals. Guidetti is presenting the worst coaching performance of his career and following are a few reasons:

- He does not invite some solid players to the NT although they might bring some competition and depth to the squad such as Neriman, Gizem Örge and Gizem Guresen

- He cares more about loyalty than merits at this point. He chose to use players from the qualification for Olympics in VNL and olympics, however Meryem, Meliha, Seyma, Simge and Cansu are in terrible shape. On the other hand, he had to opportunity to integrate Buse Unal (S), Derya (as opposite), Ilkin and Saliha as OHs and challenge Simge with Gizem Örge or Guresen. He simply prefers a lower quality squad in olympics in sake of loyalty, although this almost guarantees that Turkey won't pass the group stage or quarter finals.

- His coaching during the matches is really bad. In last game against Brazil, he made the substitutions too late. Tonight, he subbed Ebrar out in most crucial moment and Meryem did not bring anything special to the table. He did not even try the star of last match, Ilkin, in this match, while all OHs, including Tugba had troubles. The list goes on...

To me at this point, I stop blaming the girls. All the responsibility is on Guidetti, he chose this squad and insisting on it. It feels like he wants to be kicked out after Olympics and get some retirement salary from TVF.

• I agree people keep saying how great Gio is and that's Turkey's luck, yea I agree a few years ago. But for me he can win worst coach award this VNL. Also the players usually got in better chance during the NT season and he used to give everyone a chance. He is lost it honestly. His in-game subs have not ONCE not ONCE been beneficial for the team this season, that's honestly just unacceptable. He either subs everyone out together (making the players on court + newcomers notice its a desperation act and play bad) or subs unnecessarily like Meryem when she is not in form during crucial moments ? like why.

Not even gonna talk about him sabotaging (yep!) Ilkin, Saliha, Derya and Buse's career.

Btw I still don't think Cansu was that bad, I agree though that Buse should have been implemented. However, none of the OHs (that gio is loyal too) can kill a ball no matter what anyway :gone: And Ebrar is too slow, she is not playing significantly better than Meryem did when she was good.

• Well I will be more than happy if TVF resolves the contract with Guidetti right after olympics, if he insists on players like Tugba and just watches team performing at the bench.

I would prefer Lavarini or someone hungry for titles like Santarelli.

• IMO, this team lives and dies with Ebrar, Eda and Zehra. If they're on, and there's also decent reception and defense, TUR is a dangerous team to play against. If they're having an off game, or are not on court, the team just looks amateurish. Not subbing in Derya or Ilkin today was just inexplicable , there's no way they would play worse than Meliha/Hande/Tugba, and since they have never played against the US, they could bring something different and make this a little bit more interesting.

It's also worrying that there's a huge gap between Eda/Zehra and the rest of the MBs, especially since Zehra is already dealing with injuries and is not in the right shape.

• I'm afraid that they might try to go full power in ECH. Probably teams who will play in OG won't send their best players to ECH. That is a big opportunity to get the title. But I would be afraid of those girls health. Especially Eda if she play ECH

Serbia will be there (actually here in Belgrade arena ~ 10 minutes away from me :cheesy:) with the best line up for sure, potentialy with a lot of players for which that will be the last NT competition, fully motivated. I would love to see the replay of the last EuroVolley final.