Japan Women's NT 2021

• will koga - ishiikawa duo be a great receiving line up?

From what we've seen during the prelims, they were able to work well. Mayu is no Shinnabe but she's getting better at receiving and she has by far the fastest spike speed in the team. Her stamina tends to dull out on teams that have high offense which is usually what Ishii and now Koga are good for because no matter how tough it gets they're able to withstand it.

• why doesn't mayu or koga incorporate more back row attacks? i thought that's what nakada wanted to happen as part of her "japan way"

• why doesn't mayu or koga incorporate more back row attacks? i thought that's what nakada wanted to happen as part of her "japan way"

All three swingers have hit from the back, Kurogo more OP side than pipe. It's there but not in healthy doses. This could still be the "secret weapon" we've all been waiting for :) They have to do it. No one is going to deliver Sakoda level , but they need to do more. When they have used it, it's been reasonably effective.

• I'm trying to usher Yuki out the door gracefully, with kindness and gratitude, and you guys have to keep kicking her in the ass :rolll:

• I miss seeing her play. Sakoda - Saori - Ebata Miyashita - Sano on court together was one of the best things that has ever happened to volleyball 😭

I was trying to think of when we saw Miyashita and Ebata together, but now I see what you did there. And/or maybe you meant to pair Miyashita with Takeshita. Either way

I don't understand why we don't have any new Sakodas. What's weird to me is that in V.League Division 2 there are some nice, hungry back court attackers. They play risky ball in V2. They swing harder, use their middles generously, and dive all over fuck.

I just looked up Yuko Sano on volleybox and this is her banner. (notice Ebata looking on) This is how you dive for a ball.

Kobata and Kotoe still got it. And Nabeya. So does Yuki but we're kicking her ass out the door. Everyone else dives like a chicken

• the thing with the back row attack is that it has to be on a free ball and not on a defensive scramble play. That way the back row hitter is not having to shift from offense to defense from the ground.

• I re-watched the JPN v SRB match and Yuki has a few very nice back row attacks. Too late Yuki

What's fabulous about the match is Yurie Nabeya . She's flying all over the place, must have gotten her hands on the ball every single play in the first two sets. Yuki butted in and owned the third set with offense. Too late Yuki

This is what's missing with the Toray girls and Sarina: proactive playing. Offensive Defense. The New Japan is reactive. It's like night and day.

I liked Seki's work, too. She made several wildly unpredictable sets. A few of them ended up getting blocked, but they were still cool. Good connection with Aika

• Miyashita peaked from a different generation not during Sano and Takeshita's prime... she had to get everything together when Takeshita left and she hasn't succesfully done that