Japan Women's NT 2021

• You guys are forgetting that there is only one term for their top players which is "ace" and going by the pattern of them using ace in this sense Kurogo is expected to be main scorer

Here's an example https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/n/763502/

....Ai Kurogo (Toray) and 20-year-old setter Aki Momii (JT) were also selected. Miyu Nagaoka (Hisamitsu), the ace of the Rio de Janeiro Olympic team, recovered from a serious injury to her left knee. She accompanied the team to the league but was not selected because she could not return to full condition.

As you can see they used ace to describe Nagaoka too because she was the top scorer at Rio even though Saori was the ultimate ace. So you guys don't have to freak out. Koga is deputy captain she's not gonna let Kurogo take all the spotlight and so will Mayu / Aceshikawa's sister™

Nishida and Takahashi are also referred to as aces

• You better be sure or imma block you:rolll:

It sounds like Koga was saying that Nakada appointed Kurogo as the main ace instead of her and to which she responded "Nah it's not a big deal"

• Erika Araki said this will be her last Olympics. With her daughter now 7, she feels that spending time away from her is not something she needs in the future.

I don’t know if Erika will retire after the games, but I could see it if she plays one more season.

• Erika Araki said this will be her last Olympics. With her daughter now 7, she feels that spending time away from her is not something she needs in the future.

I don’t know if Erika will retire after the games, but I could see it if she plays one more season.

She could be a coach or one of the JVA directors once she retires. JVA is looking for more female on the board

• My girl gets no respect

Maybe it's brilliant psychology on Nakada's part. Kurogo's kind of weak in that department. She can't do well unless someone believes in her. So Nakada is giving her that.

Sarina is an adult now, doesn't need it.

Ya'll know how I feel about this "ace" business :wall:

• "I will do my best to support Kurogo when she scores"

That's a little shady, isn't it? :dance6:

She goes on:

"I really felt this time that if we were to think of the offense in terms of this person alone, the Japanese team would not be able to make decisions even if they were decided at first. If we don't have a systematic offense, such as me getting the block and Kurogo deciding, or on the other hand, having the middle blocker get the block and me deciding, it will be hard to decide every time when two high blocks come".

She answered firmly

• What is she supposed to say?

"Everybody knows I'm the real ace and the least Kurogo could do is not mess up serve reception"?

I dont think thats what she meant. It makes me believe now that kurogo isn’t as mentally tough as koga or ishikawa. When she makes mistakes she dwells on it and maybe gets frustrated. Maybe Koga and the rest of the team have to really support Kurogo. Regardless of who is the ace. I believe the Koga has been the core in offense and defence of the team. This is just my opinion. 😊

• What is she supposed to say?

"I will support Kurogo when she scores" would have sufficed, but it may be google word salad

"Everybody knows I'm the real ace and the least Kurogo could do is not mess up serve reception"?

That's not Sarina