Italian Women NT 2021

• I am only here to hug Crovolley :saint:

Forum members to crovolley: I am always here if you need a shoulder to cry on

Shoulder:EvUJ09nXMAItHzz.jpg

• Italy would be more than happy to have Hancock at our side…

• Italy roster should look like this at ECH

S: Orro, Gennari, Bosio

OPP: Egonu, Nwakalor

OH: Cate Bosetti, Pietrini, Sylla, Gennaro

MB: Folie, Fahr, Danesi

L: De Gennaro, Forsini

Starting six

Gennari-Egonu

Bosetti-Pietrini

Folie-Fahr

De Gennaro

Call me crazy but I repeat Gennari would run much better team than both Orro and especially Malinov. Both of them floped big time and I trust Santarelli and his work. He proved himself. So I trust his players that are under him (Gennari, two years coming for 3rd).

• Call me crazy but I repeat Gennari would run much better team than both Orro and especially Malinov. Both of them floped big time and I trust Santarelli and his work. He proved himself. So I trust his players that are under him (Gennari, two years coming for 3rd).

Do you think she made huge progress during those two years?

I know she is part of really great team, with good coach, but she can't stay on bench for another year. From my point of view, it is really important for the setters to play as much as possible. Only during the games, you can gain the experience which is neeed in the crucial points.

It doesn't really matter how you can set during the practise or which playing system you will learn. It matters how you behave on the court in specific situations, if you can keep calm under pressure etc.

• Do you think she made huge progress during those two years?

I know she is part of really great team, with good coach, but she can't stay on bench for another year. From my point of view, it is really important for the setters to play as much as possible. Only during the games, you can gain the experience which is neeed in the crucial points.

It doesn't really matter how you can set during the practise or which playing system you will learn. It matters how you behave on the court in specific situations, if you can keep calm under pressure etc.

Right now I literally don’t see better setter than her in Italy. Orro dissapointed me.

I would give her a chance, and let see. She trained with girls in NT as with many others in clubs. In this short time I only see her. She can’t do worst.

At least She knows how to set to MBs and Egonu.
    Bosio doesn’t have enough time to find chemistry.

• Setting for Imoco in usually low-pressure situations, against teams that are far weaker than your own, with great reception helped by a Molten ball and with great hitters in every position is way, way different to being a starting NT setter against other top teams in big competitions. Italy should look for new options sooner than later but I’ve not seen any evidence that Gennari is the answer yet and I agree with Phil that she needs to find another team where she can be a starter.

• I wish Gennari would have gone to play as starter somewhere else so people would stop talking about her. She's not all that, even on A2 she has never been among the best setters, she has ok games (let's not act as if she had any amazing performances) in Conegliano playing with all great players vs the weakest teams and with little to no pressure considering that if anything goes wrong the good setter can come into play instead of her. She showed literally nothing so far to show that she deserves to be part of national team.

• But both Mazzanti and Santarelli have seen something about her when they both worked(s) with her in club and NT.

• didn’t you say Mazzanti was an idiot like two hours ago

Yes He is.

He failed big one, but I still find him as good coach.

• I keep reading Santarelli’s name as replacement but I have to be honest, I don’t trust him that much. I mean he likes modern volleyball and that’s good but I don’t think he was very convincing whenever something went wrong in Conegliano. Until Egonu joined Conegliano, he basically just watched when his team got defeated in CL F4 for two seasons. He seems like a genius only when everything goes his way and hasn’t proved himself to be called genius in clutch moment yet.

I like Mazzanti, even though he failed big time this summer, I don’t think Santarelli is the name you would replace Mazzanti with.

• Another question, Serena Ortolani said in an interview after WCH 2018 how she was the mediator in the team, how she spent a lot of time talking to girls and solving disputes. Do you guys think that not having someone like Ortolani was the problem? Or was there someone like her? Who? I haven’t seen any negative attitude during the OG, yet having your captain changed just in the summer of OG is a bit worrisome in both ways.