Italian Women NT 2021

• As much as I don't argue anyone saying Folie is the best Italian MB, she has been very absent in the Italian NT/system ?? tbh and her comeback as a starter would be kinda surprising to me personally. Danesi has been world-class in the NT though her club performances are a bit more disappointing indeed. I also agree about Fahr really stepping up.

It's like Neriman imo, which is also still the best Turkish offensive OH but not in the NT.

During Olympic qualification in Catania, Folie was a starter without a doubt for Mazzanti. I wouldn't be so surprised to see her in the starting six.

• But isn't Chirichella finally returning to good form right now or I'm missing something? Honest question...

Advocating for injury-prone Folie but giving up on Chirichella because injuries is a little weird...

Yes she's finally returning at shape

The difference is that folie in best shape is best italian mb

Chirichella in shape is a good mb but can be replaced any time,not so outstanding

• Folie surgery and her come back is agreement betweetn Conegliano and Italian NT so it is 100% that She is locked for NT. And for starting position.

Everytime when She comeback from injury She was in great shape She didn't need extra time for searcing right shape. I'm not worry about her at all.

• I think the most important attribute of MBs is blocking and in this I believe Danesi is the best. This is especially important when other teams have attackers such as Zhu and Boskovic. I would play her with Folie if possible though we will see what Folie's current shape is.

Fahr is playing really well but playing for Conegliano against other Italian teams isn't like playing at the Olympics so it might be a bit of a risk to use her as a starter. Chirichella may end up playing as a reliable, if maybe unspectacular, option.

• I think the most important attribute of MBs is blocking and in this I believe Danesi is the best. This is especially important when other teams have attackers such as Zhu and Boskovic. I would play her with Folie if possible though we will see what Folie's current shape is.

Fahr is playing really well but playing for Conegliano against other Italian teams isn't like playing at the Olympics so it might be a bit of a risk to use her as a starter. Chirichella may end up playing as a reliable, if maybe unspectacular, option.

In 2019 tournament danesi didn't show up what she showed in 2018

Whatever we're gonna see who's the best i hope in court this year

Well, actually Fhar played in Champions league as well, against Fenerbache and other foreign teams and did good, not just italian teams.

• As much as I don't argue anyone saying Folie is the best Italian MB, she has been very absent in the Italian NT/system ?? tbh and her comeback as a starter would be kinda surprising to me personally. Danesi has been world-class in the NT though her club performances are a bit more disappointing indeed. I also agree about Fahr really stepping up.

It's like Neriman imo, which is also still the best Turkish offensive OH but not in the NT.

Danesi is playing very good actually this year (scored 14 points last night) and her team may classify second behind Conegliano.

• Well, actually Fhar played in Champions league as well, against Fenerbache and other foreign teams and did good, not just italian teams.

I'm not trying to criticise Fahr, what I mean is Conegliano are a class above all other teams (with the possible exception of Vakifbank). Playing in medal matches at the Olympics against teams on a similar level to Italy is a different type of challenge and a different type of pressure. She may well be up to that challenge (honestly I'd take her to the OGs as a bench player if I was Mazzanti) but we don't really know yet and one solid match against an out of form Fenerbahce isn't enough proof.

• Only thing that I can rember from her performance against Fener is... Robin “Fahrrr WAKE UP !!!”

I think She is great, with Zehra the best two young MB but I don’t if She is ready. At least She is getting a lot experience with Conegliano at bigger stage.

• A healthy Chirichella is very valuable for the national team. She is not flashy like Folie and Fahr but she is a better blocker than both of them. Plus she is a better slide hitter than Folie, Fahr and Danesi.

In fact any mb has a proper slide

Chirichella slide is really slow and long ...

• Wasn't Chirichella the captain? I mean they can't leave the captain out right XD? Personally not her biggest fan but it would be weird.

I think it'll probably be Danesi-Chirichella-Folie trio in Olympics if all of them are fit.

• Chirichella has been the main starting MB for Italian NT for more than 6 years. The last MB who has held this position for such a long time was Simona Gioli. If Folie is far better or the best Italian MB, why couldn't she achieve this? Not to mention that she is 3 years older than Chirichella.

Like I said before, Chirichella lacks some consistency. But she is a well balanced MB, and her defense is far better than the other tall MBs.

I think the MB lineup for Tokyo (If the Olympics is not cancelled) will be Danesi, Chirichella and Folie. But Folie's position isn't secure. Both Fahr and Bonifacio are also competing for the 3rd MB position. She needs to recover and back in shape as soon as possible.

• Maybe because She was unlucky and had many injuries ? Oh I really hope you don’t think that Christina is better than her :aww:

• I disagree. Folie, when healthy and in shape, is VERY good. Problem is that she's not very often healthy and in shape :S

Folie's prime time was 2017. She was unlucky, struggled with several injuries in the last few years. Her injuries kind of pushed Danesi to become the starting MB in Conegliano and finally in NT. Now Danesi is the best blocker and No. 1 MB for NT.

• I dont know where the best place to ask this would be but since she's Italian... I chose this one lol but has Giorgia Civita ever been with any of the Italian youth teams? She's playing for one of the NCAA's best teams this year.

• I dont know where the best place to ask this would be but since she's Italian... I chose this one lol but has Giorgia Civita ever been with any of the Italian youth teams? She's playing for one of the NCAA's best teams this year.

what team? I follow all teams from italian under ages in past few years and i don't remember her name,maybe she was benxh

I could search