Italian Women NT 2021

• Going back to the MB topic, Sarah Fhar keeps performing really well and I got the impression she even replaced Folie as a starter in Conegliano (at least she was always used in the CL semifinals). I'm very curious to see if Santarelli will use her in the final against Vakifbank, when she blocks together with Egonu it's really difficult to pass through. If she performs well in that match, hopefully there won't be anymore doubts about her convocation, especially since Chirichella keeps being disappointing...

• Going back to the MB topic, Sarah Fhar keeps performing really well and I got the impression she even replaced Folie as a starter in Conegliano (at least she was always used in the CL semifinals). I'm very curious to see if Santarelli will use her in the final against Vakifbank, when she blocks together with Egonu it's really difficult to pass through. If she performs well in that match, hopefully there won't be anymore doubts about her convocation, especially since Chirichella keeps being disappointing...

Folie wasn't doing well in last matches since coppa italia,she made 3 or 5 points in last games she entered and yesterday was in libero jersey

Idk if she had a pain or somethibg but is better to take care of her and don't force

About fahr yes definitely amazing

And chirichella this last 5 or 6 matches just horrible,1,3,4 points so what's that?

• As much as I like Folie, she's so questionable with her health that I don't think any coach can consider her as a starter. It is a luxury to have her as a 3rd MB, but a risk to have her as a starter. She can, or even should be in my eyes, a part of a team in Tokyo, but I really wonder what is in Mazzanti's mind right now.

Folie is certainly a better player in her top shape, but her health is a huge question mark in context of Tokyo with 12-people squads, and Chirichella has a clear advantage in her track record with NT. I'm not saying I agree with that, but look: Chirichella was better than Folie with NT in 2019 (Folie played really poorly at the Euros in 2019), Folie wasn't with a NT at the WCH in 2018, and in 2017 Chirichella was again better (better statistics at the Euro and Folie was subbed out in a final against Brazil at the World Grand Prix in a 2nd set). I'm not saying this outlook is a representation of their actual skills and shape, but this is how it has looked like during Mazzanti tenure as a HC. If we criticize (deservedly so) Chirichella for her shape, we need to acknowledge that past two years Folie mostly hasn't been even playing in Conegliano. She was a starter in 2019, but Fahr and Danesi have improved greatly since and right now they're clearly two best Italian NT MBs this season.

That's why I wouldn't be suprised with Fahr-Danesi as starters, and Chirichellas as a 3rd MB in Tokyo, considering her track record with NT and a role of captain.

• Folie is the best MB in Italian NT, She is going to be starter like She is going to be starter for Conegliano.

She got rest in last two matches of precautions.

Non of this 3 MB can come to close to her level when She is in hear peak. Summer is very long and She is coming.

Only question is who is going to be starter next to her and 3rd MB.

Italian NT can be happy with such long pool of good MBs.

In best situation that would be Folie - Fahr duo with Danesi at bench, but I think everyone knows that Christina is going to Tokyo and the saddest thing that She is going to be starter.

• Yeah I agree, looking for example the blocks, Danesi is the second best blocker in the whole league and Fhar is among the first 20 despite not being a starter. Chrichella does well only against weaker teams, but in front of strongest teams she just disappears and become useless, at this point it's plain to see for everyone.

Again, I hope Fhar will play against Vakifbank in Champions' league, if she does well it will be difficult to ignore her.

Folie is amazing but I'm just worried about her health conditions, she seems to be fragile so who knows, plus she's not the tallest MB, and I think against tall players (like China for example) we would need taller MB. The best would be to bring her and then alternate her with Danesi IMO.

• In best situation that would be Folie - Fahr duo with Danesi at bench, but I think everyone knows that Christina is going to Tokyo and the saddest thing that She is going to be starter.

We'll see, if other players prove to be better she could be brought just as a bench player, but I don't see the point if other players will prove to be much superior. I remember for example Valentina Diouf's case, she was the star of WCH 2014 and even helped in Rio qualifications, but when a very young Egonu clearly proved to be superior she was left home. I think a place in NT should be earned, but well, let's cross fingers.

• Yeah I agree, looking for example the blocks, Danesi is the second best blocker in the whole league and Fhar is among the first 20 despite not being a starter. Chrichella does well only against weaker teams, but in front of strongest teams she just disappears and become useless, at this point it's plain to see for everyone.

Again, I hope Fhar will play against Vakifbank in Champions' league, if she does well it will be difficult to ignore her.

Folie is amazing but I'm just worried about her health conditions, she seems to be fragile so who knows, plus she's not the tallest MB, and I think against tall players (like China for example) we would need taller MB. The best would be to bring her and then alternate her with Danesi IMO.

Fahr was a starter almost the whole league cause folie only play 1 or 2 match at the beggining and then she stopped

• Folie is great right now in Conegliano because of Wolosz. In NT she doesn't have a Wolosz to help her shine. She doesn't have the same connection with Malinov or even Orro. Chirichella on the other hand seems to work better with Malinov. So I don't know, should Folie still be a starter.

• Folie's situation is unclear because she has too many healthy problems which stopped her NT experiences since 2014.

i like the way she spikes, but the way she moves and jumps makes her so easy to hurt herself again and again...

Tokyo might be her only 1 chance to join Olympics. hard to choose.

• Folie is great right now in Conegliano because of Wolosz. In NT she doesn't have a Wolosz to help her shine. She doesn't have the same connection with Malinov or even Orro. Chirichella on the other hand seems to work better with Malinov. So I don't know, should Folie still be a starter.

Folie did good in oqt with malinov

• I think it also depends on if Mazzanti wants to change the system. 1st MB (Chirichella) has been mostly a slider and 2nd MB (Danesi/Folie) only plays A/B quick.

IMO if Folie is healthy, she definitely should be the 1st MB and play the slide attacks (saw her slide in 2 or 3 matches this season again - amazing slide attacker before injury). And Danesi will start with her. Unfortunately neither Fahr nor Danesi is good with slides.

It is do-able to have both MBs to just play just A/B quick but there will be less variety. Egonu probably won't be playing any pipes too. Serbia has already proved this in WCH 2018, playing Veljkovic as 1st MB without sliding.

• I was watching all games like the matches with china in wch and danesi +chirichella anulated zhu and best attackers of world

I love danesi and she's the best mb in attack impecable but in block idk she could do the same,we watch lately that she was subbed because of that

The good news is that italy has good backups in case one of them don't perform well

• I was watching all games like the matches with china in wch and danesi +chirichella anulated zhu and best attackers of world

I love danesi and she's the best mb in attack impecable but in block idk she could do the same,we watch lately that she was subbed because of that

The good news is that italy has good backups in case one of them don't perform well

Are you joking? Danesi is more of a blocker than attacking MB

• I'M talking about the block,nevermind italy hasgood mb players

To be honest, Danesi is way better in block than attack. Her blocking performance in the last WCH was just outstanding, from day 2 until the final, she was leading the blocking stats by a large, large margin. As well as she got a lot of rebounds (maybe more than anyther MB in that tournment if Im not wrong). She didnt get an award just by a small %. As Luchetta and Colantoni said (with reason), she was the "regina dei muri" in Japan 2018. I havent seen her again with that blocking performance.

• To be honest, Danesi is way better in block than attack. Her blocking performance in the last WCH was just outstanding, from day 2 until the final, she was leading the blocking stats by a large, large margin. As well as she got a lot of rebounds (maybe more than anyther MB in that tournment if Im not wrong). She didnt get an award just by a small %. As Luchetta and Colantoni said (with reason), she was the "regina dei muri" in Japan 2018. I havent seen her again with that blocking performance.

Last time that I saw her blocking like crazy is against Galatasaray.

I'm sorry for her but I think She will not go to Olympics. Only if She shines in Play Offs. Fahr is now overall better than her. This is the only reason because I know Christina will go even though She is not better Danes at all. Only reason why Fahr wouldn't go because She is still young and they are pretty much on similar level. On next Olympics cycle Danes-Fahr duo with Lubian.

Lubian was my fave MB, but She started this season super slow, now She is getting better but She needs perform like that all the time to get attention like She had at the start of her career. At least She is the best server without any doubt.

• How many MBs will make to Tokio? If 4 like WCH, then we will see Danesi there.

3, unless Mazzanti will take one opposite and 4 MBs, but that's highly unlikely.

I wouldn't be suprised if we see Danesi, Fahr and Chirichella/Folie in Tokyo.

To be honest, Danesi is way better in block than attack.

She's, Danesi is among the best MBs in blocking, but since WCH she also improved as a spiker, with Wolosz in her last season in Conegliano she had 58% spike efficiency, and then was pretty solid with Orro as well (although not that much efficient).