Italian Women NT 2021

• I would expect L. Bosetti to be the team captain. If she won't be included, then little Bosetti could be a good pick too

By the way, this might be an indication for excluding Chirichella from Olympic roster:white:

• I would expect L. Bosetti to be the team captain. If she won't be included, then little Bosetti could be a good pick too

By the way, this might be an indication for excluding Chirichella from Olympic roster:white:

It looks like Lucia won't be there at all, and Caterina, although she debuted in NT very early, hasn't been realistically present in Mazzanti's NT since 2017, she wasn't a real part of this group past few seasons. Like I said, besides Egonu there's no obvious candidate for this role, and Paola may be too busy in carrying a team on her shoulders to fight with referees, haha.

I don't think that this directly means that Chirichella won't make it to the Olympic roster, but considering what Mazzanti said earlier about taking 3 MBs to Tokyo, it would have been an indication that Chirichella won't get any extra points thanks to being a captain.

But as for now these are just rumors from Pasini blog.

• It looks like Lucia won't be there at all, and Caterina, although she debuted in NT very early, hasn't been realistically present in Mazzanti's NT since 2017, she wasn't a real part of this group past few seasons. Like I said, besides Egonu there's no obvious candidate for this role, and Paola may be too busy in carrying a team on her shoulders to fight with referees, haha.

I don't think that this directly means that Chirichella won't make it to the Olympic roster, but considering what Mazzanti said earlier about taking 3 MBs to Tokyo, it would have been an indication that Chirichella won't get any extra points thanks to being a captain.

But as for now these are just rumors from Pasini blog.

I really disagree with the exclusion of L. Bosetti from NT. Mazzanti will include Gennari instead of her but I would really prefer L. Bosetti instead of her since Bosetti has more experience and can play as libero in the case of an injury of De gennaro, Gennari can't.

I really disagree with the exclusion of L. Bosetti from NT. Mazzanti will include Gennari instead of her but I would really prefer L. Bosetti instead of her since Bosetti has more experience and can play as libero in the case of an injury of De gennaro, Gennari can't.

L. Bosetti hardly played as a starter this season due to the condition of her shoulder, I'm afraid she's not a viable option for OG. With just 12 players they can't risk. Plus, Gennari can play as a secon libero as well, she already did in 2019 in Busto, when Leonardi got injuried.

• The problem with Lucia Bosetti is that she scored 29 points past two seasons... But maybe she'll be there after all, I haven't seen any information so far about her, she's not in a squad for VNL, that's for sure. Gennari is nothing spectacular, but at least she can play at decent level on regular basis.

• The rule that libero can be captains will be introduced on January 2022, Moki is by far the most experienced player on a team, so she would have been a captain in a first moment she could become one.

Partition for Moki 2024 Paris Olympics team captain

• It just baffles me that Mazzanti called Morello and not Gennari. Morello is a great prospect but why not giving a chance to Gennari?

She waa called to be a part of olympic team...training obviously

But morello was startee in her team,gennari wasn't

• What I like about Sylla is she is very vocal on court. She is a big celebrator which can be infectious to her teammates. However, the opposite is extreme as well. when things dont go her way, you can almost feel the frustration from the screen. And when she is on a slump, she is on a slump. The most obvious choice would have been the setter but I just dont see Malinov and Orro as the captain type. Moki would have been perfect but being a libero she cannot be inside the court all the time.

• Sylla is little bit unstable, I mean She could spend a lot of time on the bench. So I don’t see point of her beeing captain.

But who can you put as captain when you literally don’t know who is going to be captain when only sure starting six are Egonu and De Gennaro. C.Bosetti too but She wasn’t with NT for a long time ago.
    Orro could take Malinov spot, MBs and OHs are gone be rotate a lot. So I don’t see many options.
    Except Egonu or De Gennaro.

• The list of the players that will go to VNL has just being published. None of the "olympic" players will take part to it but they will keep training with Mazzanti and Bregoli will be head coach for VNL

S: Bosio, Morello, Battistoni

OPP: Nwakalor, Mingardi

OH: Guerra, Omoruy, Piva, Melli, D'Odorico

MB: Lubian, Bonifacio, Mazzaro, Furlan, Squarcini

L: Fersino, De Bortoli

I think it's a bit weird Piva and Morello are there considering they still have to play A2 playoffs, unless they're leaving their team earlier.

https://www.volleyball.it/vnl-…lete-al-lavoro-per-tokyo/

• On the article also talks about the captain question, Mazzanti said he switched from Chirichella to Sylla because he will bring just 3 MB to Olympics and wants to have a plain field for the 4 MB training, but that he hasn't made up his mind on it yet and that has nothing to do with Chirichella performance.

• Mazzanti also said that a plan is to bring one libero (I thought that maybe he'll take Parrocchiale instead of Sorokaite), so right now it looks like there's only one question mark in a squad for Tokyo, and that's which MB will be cut.

What's your ideal starting lineup for VNL? For me: Bosio-Nwakalor, Omoruyi-Piva, Mazzaro-Lubian, Feresino, both in context of current level and which players I'd like to see more on VNL level, but it may be problematic with Piva, considering ongoing A2 competition.

• Mazzanti also said that a plan is to bring one libero (I thought that maybe he'll take Parrocchiale instead of Sorokaite), so right now it looks like there's only one question mark in a squad for Tokyo, and that's which MB will be cut.

What's your ideal starting lineup for VNL? For me: Bosio-Nwakalor, Omoruyi-Piva, Mazzaro-Lubian, Feresino, both in context of current level and which players I'd like to see more on VNL level, but it may be problematic with Piva, considering ongoing A2 competition.

Yeah i would probably go with the same line-up, with rotations for Migardi/Nwakalor and Bonifacio/Mazzaro.

I think the main weapons of this squad are on the middle (I'm very curious to finally see Lubian with a setter that can use her middles), but with this battery of OH it's going to be hard to exploit that, none of them are particularly good recievers and have no international experience. It's such a pity Perinelli and Degradi got injured, they would have been very needed, and I still don't understand why Villani isn't there. I hope it's because she decided to skip NT for phisycal/personal issues and not for an actual coach choice, that would honestly be absurd considering she's better (at the moment) of those 5 and she would play with her coach and setter. I honestly think Lucia Bosetti could have been a great addition to this squad, bringing experience and consistency on reception/defense but I don't know if she would have been interested.

And tbh I don't see much of a place for people like Furlan/Guerra/Melli/D'Odorico in the future and not even in this current squad. Like I would have rather called Giovannini (who's no spectacular player by any mean, but at least is 5 years younger than Guerra and D'Odorico and has more room for improvement) or some of the oldest Club Italia girls (but I guess they have highschool finals?)

• And because He switched captain role, Christina spot is not locked. Tnx God.
    Bring her if She is in top 3 MBs right now.

Folie-Danesi- Fahr.

Nwakalor and Mingardi are going to fight for second spot as OPP.
    Nwakalor is way bigger potential, only adventeg for Mingardi that She can play as OH too.

I hope to see Omuryi as starter but I’m little bit said that Terry didn’t got chance to play as OH too. Because from the next season She is going to play as OH.

Fersino is the new De Gennaro. Can’t wait to see how She will grow.

Italian NT really looks strong, can’t wait to watch Caterina in NT !!! :D

• I don’t think so so Sorokaite will go with NT. I mean She doesn’t deserve it, I would go call before Lucia for back row and Nwakalor as second OPP or Mingardi.

I don’t know why She went to Japan in the key year for Olympics....

• I don’t think so so Sorokaite will go with NT. I mean She doesn’t deserve it, I would go call before Lucia for back row and Nwakalor as second OPP or Mingardi.

I don’t know why She went to Japan in the key year for Olympics....

Sorokaite will be with the Olympic group. Unless she entirely flops on trainings or either Mingardi or Nwakalor do amazing on VNL she will be in Tokyo

• Cambi isn't in VNL squad as well, so I guess she has some health problems or needs a break this summer. Giulia Gennari is there maybe only for training purposes, we suppose, because she wasn't even in 28-players squad for VNL, probably giving a chance for players like Bosio to play in VNL is better than use them as 3rd setters on an ,,Olympic'' camp, because at this point, considering circumstances, it is hard to imagine that anyone would be able to take Malinov/Orro spot in NT. Or we hope that is a case, because it would be indeed odd to have Gennari ahead Bosio, but either way it's good for Bosio to have a chance to play in VNL. Gennari may be under a consideration for Tokyo literally, but realistically her chances to make it are slim to non-existent. It is interesting what would have happened if Orro/Malinov got injured though.

To mix things up, last season Bosio was a 2nd-best Italian setter, but we all know Orro is the only one that can challenge Malinov's spot in a starting lineup, who wasn't nearly as good as these two. :D