USA Women's NT 2021

• It's never a bad thing to give everyone available some court time. Consider what would happen if injury strikes and the only other option rode bench the entire national team season. Gotta make sure the next one up are ready if something unfortunate happen before the big one.

• Yeah, i know a lot doesn't want Hancock see there but the fact that karch included her means they are still considering her.

Yea.. but doesnt mean we want to see her :lol::lol:

But besides that, they still have to bring 3 setters. If you only bring two and one gets hurt, you can't use the double sub (and hope that the other setter doesnt have any issues)

Plus I don't even think there's another setter in the gym (besides Ashley Evans, but im not sure she's an option other than for practice)

• Lindsey Vander Weide has signed according to her agency. I hope its Italy/Turkey/Germany.

I think she can play a part in the 2024/28 quads

according to a greek site she will play in AEK (greek league)

• the championship last year wasnt finished due to coronavirus...AEK had informed the greek fed that they want to play in european cups but the fed gave the spots to other teams

i read that they are disapointed because after that is more difficult to hire good foreigners.

Last years many players(oh/opp) from usa joined the greek league and were very good. Niemer, Hood Scoot, Agost, Holst, Yaasmeen Bedart-Ghani.

• the championship last year wasnt finished due to coronavirus...AEK had informed the greek fed that they want to play in european cups but the fed gave the spots to other teams

i read that they are disapointed because after that is more difficult to hire good foreigners.

Last years many players(oh/opp) from usa joined the greek league and were very good. Niemer, Hood Scoot, Agost, Holst, Yaasmeen Bedart-Ghani.

LVW is better than any of those players, so AEK is lucky I guess :lol::lol:

• Listened to a podcast from one of the NT assistants

Notable things I took away:

Starts off the bat with a "Kumbaya" statement LOL

Olympic decision will come during the VNL, in the bubble.

They want to be the best "team" in tokyo. They dont have the ability to be "the one athlete from Italy, or Serbia, or China" they're more than one athlete and that team culture is incredibly important and they believe that is how they can be successful in Tokyo.

Two parts to the VNL: First three weeks will determine Olympic roster. The rest of the matches will be the Olympic roster. Wants the high pressure situation to be prep for Tokyo. Goal isn't to win VNL (that's a bonus), they want to develop and sharpen their play. They want to find the best fit for the Olympic roster.

They want to use the second phase (week 4/5 and finals) to find the starters for the olympics and get ready for Tokyo.

She talked about the new pipeline development program. Nothing too interesting.

• So the 6 extra players after 3rd week will already know they're out? Imagine their motivation during practice and matches?(

• So the 6 extra players after 3rd week will already know they're out? Imagine their motivation during practice and matches?(

Yup. They mentioned that in the podcast. They're still going to train with the team and everything until Tokyo. Because if for some reason any of them can't go (covid), they'll need the alternates to be ready.

Still very awkward.

• It's probably even worse than cutting them in any airport during a flight connection from the VNL finals to home which happens everytime with Brazil :lol:.

However if you think about the covid thing, it makes sense.

• It's probably even worse than cutting them in any airport during a flight connection from the VNL finals to home which happens everytime with Brazil :lol:.

However if you think about the covid thing, it makes sense.

I think most of them have to have an idea where they stand by now anyways.

They have to take it well in case they do get called to be an alternate... they can't go off the rails.

• Yup. They mentioned that in the podcast. They're still going to train with the team and everything until Tokyo. Because if for some reason any of them can't go (covid), they'll need the alternates to be ready.

Still very awkward.

Not that bad/awkward, these are professionals who know what to expect. I'm pretty sure every national team has a training roster and the girls stay even if they are cut.

• As much as I like Hill, I think she wont make it. She is not as offensive anymore.

Setters: Carlini, Poulter

Opp: Drews, Thompson

OH: Larson, Robinson, MBH, Parsons

MB: Ogbogu, Akinradewo, Washington

Libero: JWO, Robinson (in case JWO does not deliver)

This might be the lineup.