China NT 2021

• I'm sort of liking Duan Fang. She's new to me. Maybe I just like her running :)

Your a fan of the Chinese ring around the rosy celebration. She is the GOAT of that.

• I'm sort of liking Duan Fang. She's new to me. Maybe I just like her running :)

She's over celebrating the point, too much to the point of distraction, should be calmer, more focus... she should observe how the main line-up celebrate the point, don't waste energy by exaggerating... no one in NT celebrates like her.

But to be fair, I like her fighting spirit in general, but she just does not possess the great quality for the NT. LXT, LYH, DF... each with plus minus yet no one is of great quality. I just won't miss them all in the NT.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• there was talk, a few years ago, of Yang Hao 杨昊 becoming a part of the coaching team, with a view of taking over from LP when she finally calls it a day.....any prospects of that happening?

she was coaching a university team in Beijing a few years back. not sure if she's active

Yeah, maybe that and her red shoes.

I sort of like her too. She knows she's got no realistic chance of making the roster, so just come here and play and have a good time.

• there was talk, a few years ago, of Yang Hao 杨昊 becoming a part of the coaching team, with a view of taking over from LP when she finally calls it a day.....any prospects of that happening?

I think she is part of the youth coaching staff. Have not heard about her coaching the senior NT.

• I'm pretty sure that the coaching staff came into the VNL with an idea, but now after 6 matches they've also got no clue who to take.

and I'm wondering if they might somehow miss a good pick or two from the players left back home.... I'm thinking Wang Yizhu, Chen Boya or young Zhuang Yushan for OHs, Chen Peiyan, Sun Xiaoxuan OPs Xue Yizhi, Guo Huizhen MBs Mei Xiaohan S and Nee Feifan L

Just a thought ...

• and I'm wondering if they might somehow miss a good pick or two from the players left back home.... I'm thinking Wang Yizhu, Chen Boya or young Zhuang Yushan for OHs, Chen Peiyan, Sun Xiaoxuan OPs Xue Yizhi, Guo Huizhen MBs Mei Xiaohan S and Nee Feifan L

Just a thought ...

I am also confused by this. They could take 25 and swap 6 players between weeks 3 and 4, would Wang YIzhu, Mei Xiaohan, Ni Feifan, Wu Mengjie really do much worse than this squad? They sent the junior team to Montreaux 2013, after all...

and the Paris quad already started, considering it's 2021 already.

• Don't overdo it, the current messy line-up just couldn't beat TUR :-) they would certainly lose be it 0-3 or 1-3.... I just wish that they would have fought better... but middles who could not block, could not hit the ball properly... I hate it when i see players -- be the middle even worse the wing spikers -- just tip and tip, basically just throw the balls to other side of court, when you couldn't kill the balls when there were opportunities you just invited opponent to counter attack and got killed-- so helpless :-) at the end. just accepted that this is a messy line-up, hopeless with the current configuration. Yeah, perhaps ZYX should be given more playing time to judge. WYY is disappointing. YHY is not convincing either. Big wonder who will be picked for Tokyo. After watching the VNL, now I have no idea :-) lol

These tall MBs (WYY, GY and YHY)are not doing well. Maybe take ZYX instead though she lacks the height standard of LP, she has the quickness and better reception than those three.

• Chinese 🏐 league is kinda of closed clubs local players can not move to other domestic clubs without approval from higher up. Wondering the local players are not inspired and challenged to be competitive and to improve themselves because they feel they are stuck to the club no matter how good they are and can be - no negotiation for higher pay and move to better clubs. Thus, the growth of these 🇨🇳 players are slow or stagnant.

• I also don't understand why Zhang Changning is not starting against stronger teams like Japan and Turkey.

I think it's to test how the subs do against strong teams. Beating depleted teams like S. Korea and Thailand does not prove anything. The match against Canada, Lang Ping didn't change libero. It's evaluation of players for certain matches. China got lucky with Germany. Notice against good blocking teams and floor defense, Chinese attackers had a lot of trouble scoring and blocking. A lot of the subs' weaknesses got exposed.

• Yao Di is always smiling even if they're down in points or if Lang Ping is trying to be serious. Lol.

I understand trying to be positive, but there's a time and place when things need to be taken seriously. Just let your actions do the work.

• she should observe how the main line-up celebrate the point, don't waste energy by exaggerating... no one in NT celebrates like her.

Certainly not Yuan :white: Well, okay, it's not like her but it is a little excessive. Which I like as well, btw.

I think if I were to watch more of Duan Fang I might grow a little tired of it. She is over the top, but bless her for it under these circumstances. I think she has a nice cross court shot that's as entertaining as her running around

• there is a huge difference between starters and backups for almost every position. Since Chinese roster is pretty young probably it is not a huge issue except setter and MB. Yan Ni will retire for sure. What about xing dia? Do you think she will retire too? Then Yao Di and any other MB will be a downgrade

• I wonder if next cycle they scap a chunk of these veteran NT players for new ones like with what they did after London 2012.

Yan Ni will be the biggest loss. I think Ding Xia still can play next year especially WCH when they're going to need her. I expect Ni Feifan to get lots of opportunities in VNL 2022, maybe Mei Xiaohan too.

• there is a huge difference between starters and backups for almost every position. Since Chinese roster is pretty young probably it is not a huge issue except setter and MB. Yan Ni will retire for sure. What about xing dia? Do you think she will retire too? Then Yao Di and any other MB will be a downgrade

I hope Ding Xia doesn't. No other Chinese setter has shown the leadership, fighting spirit, and potential talent she has.

The NT may just move on from Yao Di and Diao Linyu and start with a new batch of younger setters.

I think Ding Xia will stay for 2022, but not sure about 2024.