China NT 2021

• Zhang Changning speaking english! :heart: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/

Indeed tomorrow will be a tough match. :box:

It's kind of extra mysteriously cool with the mask on :rose:

• Do you guys know about any links for replays? I would like to watch tomorrow's game but it's too early for my taste X(

• Do you guys know about any links for replays? I would like to watch tomorrow's game but it's too early for my taste X(

everything will be reuploaded on bilibili

someone will post the link here (the one with english commentary might be later)

• So, yesterday Zhu and Yanni were rested against Poland. LP continued to try out different combinations and tactics. In one rotation, Gong and LYY were left in their spot, which meant LYY was playing opposite and Gong, OH. I wish someone had told Yao Di ! her settings to LYY went off the mark several times. The team also need to improve their receiving and passing. Zhu and Yan could be back to face the US team tonite, in what promises to be a close and exciting encounter. I hope they don’t disappoint :|

• When I wrote this:

“ so, with the background music playing Little apple....yuan xy finishes the second set with another running attack.. “

in the “2021 Women Volleyball Nations League” thread pg 280... I thought it was a nice coincidence that Yuan Xinyue’s nickname is Little Apple... but I didn’t expect such a lively discussion on T Ara version....goes to show vb fans are lovers of ‘Bop’ music also :lol:

• I’m speechless....that was too easy...

Lucky that the Karch just threw away this match thus Lang Ping could secure China's 5th position with not so much effort.

This is the best outcome the Chinese team can achieve without playing in the final round.

Let's see the A team vs A team again in the Tokyo OG.... I think topping up the pool is a good incentive for teams to pursue during the pool stage.

Overall it's a good drilling opportunity for the Chinese team. Now time to go home. Awaiting the final roster of the 12 Olympians. Wonder when will be the deadline.

Have a safe and pleasant flight back home!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• ....but you might want to watch the replay..Gong had a good match..she has improved so much. There was no LYY though :|

Why should Lang show all cards to Karch so early, moreover with Karch kept so many under his sleeves? ^^

Worry not, the two will see again in Tokyo, we may see more then. China is still owing USA for the Rio 2016, need to pay back in the OG moment :P

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I woke up just at the right time without an alarm to watch Karch pulled a Lang Ping. It was good to see CNT ready to play when needed although reading forum posts was more entertaining than the match. Can't wait for Tokyo but most of China's matches would be midnight in pacific time zone.

• I'm glad China swept this, but I have a nagging feeling that the US planned to lose the match - Karch kept away Haleigh Washington and Jordan Thompson, both of whom are probably his secret weapons for OG, and whom China has not had many opportunities to play with. Likewise Justine Wong Orantes, who I think only played in one match against China in 2019. Kim Hill playing libero was probably to prep her to play back row defence when she resumes her usual OH role. A little worrying that Annie Drews scored on quite a few clean attacks 大斜线 that Gong/Ding did not manage to receive. And Jordan Larson was kept out too.

On the China side though, Lang Ping also rested LYY, which I think is a brilliant choice. It's one less opportunity for the mighty US blockers to adjust to her relatively far out left point of attack.

Of course, in love with Yan Ni's game 😍

• I woke up just at the right time without an alarm to watch Karch pulled a Lang Ping. It was good to see CNT ready to play when needed although reading forum posts was more entertaining than the match. Can't wait for Tokyo but most of China's matches would be midnight in pacific time zone.

You care about time, I care more about how to watch the OG with much stricter restrictions under IOC + Corp. overreaching long-arm copylefts beyond the FIVB jurisdiction. Even to watch a full shortly delayed match will be blessing. The only thing I detest about Olympics. The greed makes it so exclusive! Hopefully they will be more considerate during this pandemic as there won't be any int'l spectators.