China NT 2021

• ZCN was the first volleyball player I took a liking to. My intro was Rio, amongst Chinese fans who were all about Lang Ping (the Chinese Bruce Bochy). They were down on ZCN for being a rabble-rouser or something. It was funny how everyone's body language and facial expression went sour whenever she came up. I'm often attracted to people who are dissed by others until I figure it out for myself. So I snuggled up. She seemed really tough, and I was amazed she was so young, but I didn't really know the standards for female vb players playing in the OGs.

It will be the end of another of the countless eras I've encountered in this volleyball life if she drifts away. Didn't she announce recently she wants to be a mommy?

There’s mommies galore already with Zeng Chunlei and Hui Raoqi expecting little ones soon :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Wang YY is growing on me. She hits with authority.

Nice to see ZCN swack a couple

• A different lineup each match so far. I feel bad for players that don't get any or little playing time. Only means you are out.

• Why did they bring Gao Yi then?

with her height and good reach, Gao Yi was the player with potential 2,3 years ago...problem is, she hasn’t improved much. She needs to be much stronger for her serving, hitting and even blocking to be effective.

“Why did they bring her?” .... maybe so that she can see how the stronger women perform....something like that, I’m not sure :|

• with her height and good reach, Gao Yi was the player with potential 2,3 years ago...problem is, she hasn’t improved much. She needs to be much stronger for her serving, hitting and even blocking to be effective.

“Why did they bring her?” .... maybe so that she can see how the stronger women perform....something like that, I’m not sure :|

Maybe waiting for the slower and higher euro teams.

At this rate, vs. Germany, Canada, Turkey won't be easy.

• Why did they bring Gao Yi then?

Training. Any players that has potential will get called up. It's up to them to prove themselves.

• This sudden THA surrogate team can't be of any measurement.

Next week CHN will face GER; CAN; TUR

I am afraid that both GER and TUR will be pretty tough opponents for this team, the team needs to improve a lot to have some good chance. If they play badly, the same sad story as against JPN will happen again.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Hope she gets court time

Yeah after Yan Ni retires, there will be a big gap to fill in the MB position. So far none of the new MBs are anything close to Yan Ni's level. Can't blame them because you can't become world class MB just like that.

• Hope she gets court time

I hope we see her next week, they might need her and those long arms to slow the European attackers.

Yang Hanyu hasn't made much progress as well despite being on the NT for a couple years similar to how Gao Yi was when she first started yet she still gets more playing time...

• I hope we see her next week, they might need her and those long arms to slow the European attackers.

Yang Hanyu hasn't made much progress as well despite being on the NT for a couple years similar to how Gao Yi was when she first started yet she still gets more playing time...

She is part of the Shandong clique;)