China NT 2021

• had no idea they'd lose this badly. And they didn't even play the main players -- Yao Di and ZCN barely had any court time. Only WMJ was there for all 3 sets. Poor girl.

Me too! I was expecting a closer match and maybe at least taking one set from Japan, but they couldn't even reach 20 points in a set.

• Losing early could be beneficial so players know what they need to do to improve their game. You don't want to lose when everything is on the line. This lineup was so random nobody expected it. Every team needs chemistry to play as a team. What week will A team play the earliest?

• Losing early could be beneficial so players know what they need to do to improve their game. You don't want to lose when everything is on the line. This lineup was so random nobody expected it. Every team needs chemistry to play as a team. What week will A team play the earliest?

4th week, starting with Netherlands.

• 4th week, starting with Netherlands.

Hope this squad wins as much as they can until team A show up. I want to see them playing playoffs but knowing this is a tryout tournament, no expectations except to enjoy watching volleyball.

• had no idea they'd lose this badly. And they didn't even play the main players -- Yao Di and ZCN barely had any court time. Only WMJ was there for all 3 sets. Poor girl.

I fear ZCN is going down. I'm not feeling a lot of volleyball spirit from her.

• I fear ZCN is going down. I'm not feeling a lot of volleyball spirit from her.

2019 ZCN nowhere to be seen... hope she gets her form back for the Olympics or somehow Li steps up. She better be practicing that connection with Ding Xia.

• 2019 ZCN nowhere to be seen... hope she gets her form back for the Olympics or somehow Li steps up. She better be practicing that connection with Ding Xia.

ZCN was the first volleyball player I took a liking to. My intro was Rio, amongst Chinese fans who were all about Lang Ping (the Chinese Bruce Bochy). They were down on ZCN for being a rabble-rouser or something. It was funny how everyone's body language and facial expression went sour whenever she came up. I'm often attracted to people who are dissed by others until I figure it out for myself. So I snuggled up. She seemed really tough, and I was amazed she was so young, but I didn't really know the standards for female vb players playing in the OGs.

It will be the end of another of the countless eras I've encountered in this volleyball life if she drifts away. Didn't she announce recently she wants to be a mommy?

• ZCH performed brilliantly in the Olympic qualifier and World Cup 2019. She is a good player. 🇨🇳netizens should not be too harsh on her instead give encouragement. These destructive criticisms will make her lost confidence which in turn will hurt 🇨🇳🏐 performance too.

• I don't understand keeping ZCN on the bench today. Does Jenny think that she's ZT?

Most likely tryouts for other players to see if they make the cut. Some might not be ever called up again. Lang Ping always use WGP/VNL for training. I have never seen a fully healthy A squad for WGP/VNL under Lang Ping. Only time was Zhu joined the team in 2013 but Lang Ping kept her out of final game against Brazil due to injury. That was the only time China won a silver under Lang Ping for WGP/VNL.

• Most likely tryouts for other players to see if they make the cut. Some might not be ever called up again. Lang Ping always use WGP/VNL for training. I have never seen a fully healthy A squad for WGP/VNL under Lang Ping. Only time was Zhu joined the team in 2013 but Lang Ping kept her out of final game against Brazil due to injury. That was the only time China won a silver under Lang Ping for WGP/VNL.

I should have elaborated. She subbed ZCN in when they were down a few points in the first set to try to save it, like how she used ZT in the VNL against Turkey and Thailand in 2019, for example.

• watched the first set vs. Japan. Honestly, WMJ was fine, but middles were basically nowhere to be seen for the entire set. LY needs more experience. don't want to comment on the outside hitters or the setter.

edit: and why are they not hitting over the top of the block? Japan's block is even lower than Korea's. ...

2nd tto was at 13-16 and the final score was 13-25. wtf.

• I should have elaborated. She subbed ZCN in when they were down a few points in the first set to try to save it, like how she used ZT in the VNL against Turkey and Thailand in 2019, for example.

Coach will always want to win so ZCN was the best choice. After that, just let others played since it was not close. I think it's just part of her plan to see which players will make the cut. CNT lost badly to Korea a few years back even with AB team.

watched the first set vs. Japan. Honestly, WMJ was fine, but middles were basically nowhere to be seen for the entire set. LY needs more experience. don't want to comment on the outside hitters or the setter.

edit: and why are they not hitting over the top of the block? Japan's block is even lower than Korea's. ...

2nd tto was at 13-16 and the final score was 13-25. wtf.

Japan has the better defense and plays quicker so the CNT couldn't block or score. MBs department is weak after Yan Ni and Yuan Xinyue. They will need to improve on blocking.

Actually the Chinese team also lost very badly (0-3) once against the KOR team in WGP/VNL... if not mistaken in 2018 or so. I cannot remember what kind of line-up the team fielded then, or whether Zhu played or not.

Anyone recall which year was it?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Coach will always want to win so ZCN was the best choice. After that, just let others played since it was not close. I think it's just part of her plan to see which players will make the cut. CNT lost badly to Korea a few years back even with AB team.

Japan has the better defense and plays quicker so the CNT couldn't block or score. MBs department is weak after Yan Ni and Yuan Xinyue. They will need to improve on blocking.

Or which players to cut off :P

with result as poor as against JPN yesterday, any player involved can't have much grudge if she's being cut off from the sub selection for the Tokyo OG team :whistle: and now if the coaching team tell them to train harder after VNL they also can't complain knowing how harsh the int'l competition is.... and they certainly cannot being complacent!!!! Down to the earth has its own merit. Right, the current blockers seem so incompetent. Another thing, one of the main contribution of the poor lost was CHN team couldn't serve hard enough so JPN could maintain continuous smooth passes.... could not serve, could not block, poorly attack, poor reception... all mixing for losing very badly.

Still, it's better to get harsh lesson in VNL than in the Tokyo Olympics :D:P

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Actually the Chinese team also lost very badly (0-3) once against the KOR team in WGP/VNL... if not mistaken in 2018 or so. I cannot remember what kind of line-up the team fielded then, or whether Zhu played or not.

Anyone recall which year was it?

2018 vnl vs Korea. No zhu or zhang but everyone else was there.

• Well, China vs Thailand starts in a few minutes and I really hope LP will start with her strongest line up....ZCN, LYH etc (and please, please no LXT)...hopefully the team will go all out....eventhough, I’ll always have a special spot in my heart for the Thai Fab 5....