China NT 2021

• Forgot an important one:

- Who are your favourite setters?

Feng Kun and Maja Ognjenovic

• Lang Ping explains why Wang Mengjie is selected and regards Li Yingying as one of the team's "secret weapons" for the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Lang Ping, head coach of the Chinese women's volleyball team, visited the broadcast room to explain the hot issues of the team roster for the Olympics.

A terse clip of 3:33, Lang accompanied by her four charming vanguards

These two main liberos (Wang Mengjie and Lin Li) are actually part of our 2015 squad. So in the 2016 OG selection, there were also a lot of comparison in our libero selection. When the team needs more consideration, at that time Wang was also fully prepared. Then we chose Lin Li. Wang Mengjie also supported the team's preparation as always, until the last day before we got on the plane. At that time Wang Mengjie, Zeng Chunlei and Shen Jingsi, the three players together send the team to the bus (to airport) and gave the team their best wishes in the Rio OG, gave a thought as one team. Now based on the current stats data, we think Wang fits the role better. Lin Li is also doing very well. She has been very supportive. We think it as one team.

Li Yingying has made rapid progress in recent years, we're happy too, because we have another good scorer on the offensive line. She should be one of our secret weapons. I hope she'll be strong under the leadership of these big players (i.e. her seniors, the usual starters in the team). In the OG we hope she can bring all her firepower into play.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Latest from FIVB twitter. Really, a lot of effort was put into this with the cultural symbols represented.

Zhu/Yuan/Li/Ding/Wang (Mengjie)

FIVB through its tweet is forerunning Lang's official decision post-Tokyo cycle as if put her in a fait accompli -- really not proper for a federation, it should not touch this issue prematurely in its public message :!::?:

"5 years after winning Olympic🥇, all eyes will be on Zhu Ting & team. This is also Lang Ping's last major event as head coach."

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Why is Lang Ping retiring? Health issue? It will be a great loss to China & the whole volleyball community if she ever leaves the game completely. Feels like she still has so much to give.

She is already 60 and has always had health issues since being a player.

I'm sure she could still have a lot to give even at an age of 70.

However, I think we the volleyball fans and the chinese need to be less selfish.

Our legend has sacrificed her whole life for volleyball and deserves a good rest with her family.

She had plans to be (semi) retired in 2013 when her contract with Guangdong Evergrande finished and travel around the world with her daughter.

I thought she would retire after Rio when she brought the team back to the top.

I agree that that would be a huge loss to volleyball and China NT, but IMO it's a good time to step down for good.:rose:

• She is 60? OMG she looks like she is in her 40s. If that’s the case then by all means, she can take a good rest after this. I think she is the only coach who won medal in every Olympic game she participated so far?

• Why is Lang Ping retiring? Health issue? It will be a great loss to China & the whole volleyball community if she ever leaves the game completely. Feels like she still has so much to give.

The status of such reference is still "rumor", we can only know for sure some time after the OG is over. But if it happens then the reasons will be health and age matters. Anyhow it should be her own decision. Her stay is still favored.

• FIVB through its tweet is forerunning Lang's official decision post-Tokyo cycle as if put her in a fait accompli -- really not proper for a federation, it should not touch this issue prematurely in its public message :!::?:

"5 years after winning Olympic🥇, all eyes will be on Zhu Ting & team. This is also Lang Ping's last major event as head coach."

why? It wasn't a secret right?

• why? It wasn't a secret right?

Paris is 3 years.if this time China has good results,maybe she will coach another 3 years and choose other young talents for China.and I just hope our women volleyball has more women coaches .we have so many good women players,but for women coaches,we only see Jenny compete with those good men coaches.

• Is Yang Hao still coaching? Last I remembered she was working with one of the youth teams.

I thought she was a sports professor/volleyball coach of the university team at Beihang (Northern Aeronautics) university, and one of her pupils was Ren Kaiyi who currently plays for Beijing.

• I thought she was a sports professor/volleyball coach of the university team at Beihang (Northern Aeronautics) university, and one of her pupils was Ren Kaiyi who currently plays for Beijing.

Had to do some searching and it was the 2019 U23 AVC Championship where she was assistant coach to Li Yanlong (Shandong).

The roster was,

S: Mei Xiaohan, Yu Jiarui

OPP: Sun Jie, Yang Yi

OH: Wu Han, Song Liqi, Zhong Hui

MB: Gao Yi, Zhang Qian, Li Yanan, Zhang Yuqian

L: Zang Qianqian